No Respect

HoosierCat

Yes, I *do* have too much time on my hands...

Odds to win Super Bowl XXXIX

New England Patriots 5/1

Philadelphia Eagles 8/1

St Louis Rams 8/1

Tennessee Titans 8/1

Kansas City Chiefs 8/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8/1

Indianaolis Colts 8/1

Denver Broncos 10/1

Green Bay Packers 12/1

Miami Dolphins 15/1

Dallas Cowboys 15/1

Baltimore Ravens 15/1

Carolina Panthers 15/1

Washington Redskins 18/1

Atlanta Falcons 18/1

Seattle Seahawks 18/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 20/1

Minnesota Vikings 20/1

New York Jets 25/1

San Francisco 49ers 25/1

New York Giants 30/1

New Orleans Saints 35/1

Cincinnati Bengals 35/1

Los Angeles Raiders 40/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 45/1

Chicago Bears 45/1

Cleveland Browns 50/1

Buffalo Bills 50/1

Houston Texans 75/1

San Diego Chargers 100/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Phoenix Cardinals 150/1

Odds to win the AFC Championship

New England Patriots 3/1

Tennessee Titans 4/1

Indianapolis Colts 5/1

Kansas City Chiefs 6/1

Denver Broncos 6/1

Miami Dolphins 7/1

Baltimore Ravens 7/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1

New York Jets 12/1

Cincinnati Bengals 18/1

Los Angeles Raiders 20/1

Cleveland Browns 25/1

Buffalo Bills 25/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1

San Diego Chargers 50/1

Houston Texans 40/1

(this is from http://www.americasline.com/)

Now, how the HELL are the Steelers and Jets getting better odds than us to win the AFC? Oh, well, at least we're above the Clowns. As for the SB odds...what a joke! (Still...hey Takeo, ya like what ya see? Heh heh heh.)

Now, how the HELL are the Steelers and Jets getting better odds than us to win the AFC? Oh, well, at least we're above the Clowns.

That is all that truly matters. Don't believe me, check out my avatar!

Personally, I'm not convinced -- and I'm as big a fan as everyone here -- that the Bengals can make a playoff run. I think Palmer needs a full season if he starts to get accustomed to the NFL speed, Rudi a full season without having Dillon behind him to push him everyday (meaning Rudi has the job now instead of consistently impressing the coaching staff), there will be a lot of new faces on defense (oh dear god I hope so).

I have said before and I stand by it, playoff run in 2004? I think that's a stretch. But I honestly believe that 2005 will not only be a playoff run, but we could be legitimate contenders for the whole tuna salad with a side Super Bowl.

Personally, I'm not convinced -- and I'm as big a fan as everyone here -- that the Bengals can make a playoff run. I think Palmer needs a full season if he starts to get accustomed to the NFL speed, Rudi a full season without having Dillon behind him to push him everyday (meaning Rudi has the job now instead of consistently impressing the coaching staff), there will be a lot of new faces on defense (oh dear god I hope so).

I agree, it's a longshot, exactly because of the questions you raise. But on the other hand, in the AFCN, all four teams are in rebuilding mode, Baltimore being the furthest along and, arguably, Cincy fairly close behind. Our D has no where to go but up, after all, and both teams will (probably) be starting 2nd year QBs who missed some or all of their rookie year. As for Pitt & Cleveland, both are staring at tough offseason choices at key positions like QB, and both are saddled with high-priced underachievers. I can very easily see the same scenario playing out next season that did last season, with us and the Ravens fighting for a playoff spot in the final week.

Personally, I'm not convinced -- and I'm as big a fan as everyone here -- that the Bengals can make a playoff run.  I think Palmer needs a full season if he starts to get accustomed to the NFL speed, Rudi a full season without having Dillon behind him to push him everyday (meaning Rudi has the job now instead of consistently impressing the coaching staff), there will be a lot of new faces on defense (oh dear god I hope so).

I agree, it's a longshot, exactly because of the questions you raise. But on the other hand, in the AFCN, all four teams are in rebuilding mode, Baltimore being the furthest along and, arguably, Cincy fairly close behind. Our D has no where to go but up, after all, and both teams will (probably) be starting 2nd year QBs who missed some or all of their rookie year. As for Pitt & Cleveland, both are staring at tough offseason choices at key positions like QB, and both are saddled with high-priced underachievers. I can very easily see the same scenario playing out next season that did last season, with us and the Ravens fighting for a playoff spot in the final week.

Great points Joisey and I think if we were in any division to make the surprise jump into the playoffs, it definately would be the AFCN. We'll have to see.