4-1

Kazkal

I agree, it was a great game. Both teams made a lot of ugly mistakes. I'll take 4-1 as well. At the beginning of the season I, along with a lot of other people, predicted we would go 5-1 in the first 6 games. This game was the one I was worried about. I think if we had TJ we could've pulled it out, but we didnt, and we didnt. We HAVE to beat the Titans! This team has got to get their confidence back.

Still loving this team! GO BENGALS

Coming into the season, I had this game circled as a loss. A road game against a very good opponent under the lights is a hard circumstance for any visiting team. The way the schedule falls, this was actually one of our hardest games of the year, and I sure don't expect to win all of those. Now to go into Nashville and avenge last season's loss.

It's the defense, not Carson's fault. Now we have to put up with all the sportswriters talking about how the Bengals "can't win big games." Ugh.

I think only steeler/brown & raven homers will use this to knock us I think any real sportwriters will still give us credit because carson still played like a probowler that fumble was not his fault the jags just have a awesome D line

Alot of people are going to say we're a fluke because of the team's we played. Guys, we lost a road game, on Sunday Night Football, against a really good football team. Alot of teams in the NFL would of lost this game. The way we battled back impressed me. This loss doesn't really hurt me that much. The only thing that bugs me is we could of won there at the end. And our run defense is putrid. <_< Let's take it to the Titans next week.

I'm sorry, I am not looking at our 4-1 record when I am evaluating this game. We lost the field position war, gave up way too many yards inside, Hell, we never stopped the rush, and we did not take advantage of their mistakes. We should have won this one. Our overall record is good, but we lost this one. They didn't win it, we lost it on mistakes. Call me a perfectionist, but this was a very winnable game and we should have.

Any sportswriter worth his salt will note that Bengals teams of old would have given up and lost big. This team hung in there. This team didn't give up. This team was down by 13 points! This team was in a position to tie or to even go ahead late. There were mistakes made, but losing by 3 to Jax at their place is nothing to hang your head over, especially considering how terribly the game could have gone...

I say let everyone say that we're a fluke! I was starting to feel a little weird hearing all these people jump on the Bengals bandwagon! haha

It was a bad loss, that we should've won. But we didnt. We'll still be back next week. I wish we didn't lose at all, but i would rather have a loss like this now instead of late in the season. We still have plenty of time to recover and still make something very special out of this season.

BTW... I thought Chad's TD celebration was hilarious.

Came down to that idiotic illegal touching penalty on the Jags second drive of the game. Take that away and we go into overtime with the momentum. It all came down to that play and when playing on the road against a good team I'll take it. Not accepting it mind you....

our own mistakes cost us this game . this one was right there for the taking and we fumbled the ball away .i am not satisfied with 4-1 when 5-0 was there and we blew it . the defense got ran all over .they were running cutbacks that killed us we have to a better job in containment and geathers is strugling bad something has to be done about that . tj being injured hurt alot got to have him back soon .these are games we have to win to go from ok to elite . i am not very happy at all . but time to move on and focus on the titans

I'll never buy into all the "should have won" crap. We lost for a reason. "Should haves" in sports are little things we make up to justify why teams lose. Face it, we lost, lets take it out on the Titans, and quit wishing we didn't fumble, or had this or that penalty. Its all in the context of the game both teams played.

And by the way I "should have" won the lottery this weekend!

WHO-DEY!!!!!!!

Coming into the season, I had this game circled as a loss. A road game against a very good opponent under the lights is a hard circumstance for any visiting team. The way the schedule falls, this was actually one of our hardest games of the year, and I sure don't expect to win all of those. Now to go into Nashville and avenge last season's loss.

Not to mention the fact Jacksonville was virtually in a must-win situation. We made plenty of mistakes but we took their best shot and was still driving to win the game. Even though I was pretty damn down about the loss last night I realized the situation the Benglas were in. Now that we have had experience in that type of game we have to start winning them. Because Sunday night in Jacksonville won't hold a candle to a playoff game in Foxboro or Pittsburgh or San Diego.

I am not one to call any loss a "good loss," but I do think this came at a good time. It's still early in the season, and we are still on top of the standings. I honestly think our chances of winning next week in Tennessee have now doubled, and having some momentum going into the Steelers game will be helpful.

Now all the players are going to be going with two kinds of motivation rather than one. They will still be bent on having a big year to ressurrect this franchise completely, but now they have a chip on their shoulder. They lost their first real tough game, and a lot of the pundits out there will begin to question them for it.

Watch out Tennessee... If you don't come with your A+ game, then you can expect to lose by twenty points.

It's the defense, not Carson's fault. Now we have to put up with all the sportswriters talking about how the Bengals "can't win big games." Ugh.

I don't know if it was anyone in particular's fault. Special teams errors hurt a lot. The defense had some mistakes, but overall played pretty well considering the bad field position. The offensive line had trouble keeping Carson from being pressured and opening holes for Rudi (but we already knew that would be the case because their defensive line is so good). Carson did a good job of not having turnovers when he was pressured, until the last play (when they knew he was going to pass and brought everything but the kitchen sink). IMHO, only people with poor analytical skills will think the Bengals "can't win a big game." The Bengals needed the three points the gamblers gave them for being the road team.

Our defense played fine. It's the stupid things that killed us. Three drives killed by brain-dead penalties on Kevin Walter. A 69 yard punt called back on bonehead Myles play -- eventually shanking a punt giving the Jags an eventual score.

I think all of our units played fine football. It was, like the four weeks before it, brain-dead penalties that killed us. Unfortunately, this time it bit us in the ass.

And hell, I'd take 3-2 right now before the season started. The way this division is shaping up, we may not need 5,251 wins to win the crown. Go Chargers!