Worst officiating

Humanzee 5000

Fact is yesterday, we got by on a CLOSE call (either way) with that fumble call. I'm over that call, we won game over. But I can't help but talk about how absolutly horrific the officiating was overall. I understand that holding can mess a play up. Moving your head on offense MAY send someone on the other team off early, but come on man, let the big boys play some fukkin football. the announcers themselves were pointing out phantom plays. I understand we have to have discipline, but it got to the point where I didn't celebrate a play until I knew for sure that there wasn't a flag. The NFL needs to take a look at some of these guys and the job that they're doing!

I was at the game and had the same thoughts. It's a shame that the refs felt they needed to take over the game like they did. I have the feeling that it was a new ref calling the game and you'll have that. Bu just once I wish I was a fly on the wall during a meeting when it's brought the to their attention that they really didn't see what they thought they did.

I was at the game and had the same thoughts. It's a shame that the refs felt they needed to take over the game like they did. I have the feeling that it was a new ref calling the game and you'll have that. Bu just once I wish I was a fly on the wall during a meeting when it's brought the to their attention that they really didn't see what they thought they did.

The ref for the game has at least 5 years of experience as the head referee. The crew also included one Phil Luckett, you remember him. He was the one a couple of years ago that awarded a touchdown to the Jets when the replay (and he reviewed it) showed the ball was clearly a yard short. And this is not the only huge mistake he made before he stepped down from being the Head Referee. He was the Back Judge on Sunday. I believe he was the one on Sunday who called Tony Stewart for offensive interference when the replay clearly showed that Carson was still holding the ball when the infraction supposedly occured. They would call phantom penalties like that, but won't call blatant penalties like the late hit on Chad after an (I believe) an incomplete pass. And the ref was standing right over the play. It might have been Phil again, I don't know for sure. One could start thinking the refs are trying to make it as difficult as possible for the Bengal's to win games. The fortunate thing is the Bengal's are capable of recovering from these errors. If they weren't able to, I don't think they would be undefeated.

I would have to agree. It was rough watching that game. My thinking was that the officials thought 65,000-plus came to see them. The late hit non-call on Chad was after a catch and right out in front of God and everyone. The holding call on Kooistra was horrible as was the interference on Stewart.

I think we defintely got a break on the fumble ruling, but I think we are due having been the victim of creative officiating in the past.

Larry Nemmers and crew challenging the Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey crews as the worst in the NFL.

Years ago, I had a friend who was a huge fan of fantasy author Piers Anthony. I never got much into his stuff, but would bum a book off him from time to time when I had nothing to read. One of his series had the main character switching back and forth between a fantasy and a sci-fi universe and having to face various challenges in both, for what reason I don't actually recall. The only challenge I do remember involved him having to coach (and win) a football game played by robots and officiated by computer. When one of his robot players clearly misses a catch, but th computer official rules it a catch, he asks what the deal is, since computers are supposed to be infaliable. He's told that since in the real game officials always screwed up a couple calls a game, the computerized version is programmed to make a couple bad calls a game, too, to simulate the real thing.

Guess that's next for Madden, huh?

There is only one good thing about the ref calls this year, the Bengals are winning despite them.

They missed countless holding calls that should have been made against the Bengals opponents.

I thought that the way the refs kept calling back scores in the Minn game that they were playing the under.

I wonder how many scores they have called back this year against the Bengals, it must be 6 or 7.

The call against Chad for the pick was especially bad.

The turnover call against the Texans may have been iffy but, his arm did not move until Smith hit his arm.

That was the only call we have got that was close all year.

All in all the mark of a great team is to be able to win when you have to beat the team you are playing

and the refs.

The late hit not called against the defender who crushed Chad while he was down enraged me.

Yes, that was horrible. He didn't just crush Chad, he landed right on his head! The ref was standing very nearby, and was looking directly at the exchange. I wanted to pluck him out of the television and scold him silly until he begged forgiveness and promised me a controversial call in the Bengals favor later in the game......