last weekend with the the nfl

AGrizzlyBaer

that's why The Daytona 500 doesn't start until after football season.... :D

Football just keeps me going until speedweeks anyways. :P

But I do love Arena League Football....Just don't get any coverage down here in NZ...It's like short track racing for football....Sorry, I'm in a NASCAR state of mind now.....

that's why The Daytona 500 doesn't start until after football season.... :D

Football just keeps me going until speedweeks anyways. :P

But I do love Arena League Football....Just don't get any coverage down here in NZ...It's like short track racing for football....Sorry, I'm in a NASCAR state of mind now.....

Hey kevnz,

I just started a thread on this very thing in General Discussions. :P

I tried to get into the Arena League. Couldn't do it. It's like someone giving you decaff, when you're used to espresso or capacinno. It looks the same, but the kick just ain't there! 

I think the trick for the AFL is not to compare it to the NFL. That's one area where the XFL failed, they couldn't get away from the NFL shadow. If you take it for it's own entity, then it's much more enjoyable.

You must have been forced watching the Philly game. I guess that would suck a little, but I've been a fan of Arena for awhile now. I think it's a product of hating the NBA, don't care for college b-ball, tired of baseball politics and immorals in general, not a racing fan; it's like, what do I have left... so I guess I'm a little biased.

I think it's a product of hating the NBA,

I too hate the NBA, except I will watch the final Championship Series. Then they play ball.

Oh man, I just watched the ESPN Pro Bowl pregame. They asked who will be the strong upcoming teams next season, and no one even mentioned Cincy. These guys are morons. I mean Denver?!? Denver!?! C'mon. Just put down the crack pipe Mr. Young, and slowly back away!! Sheese!!

I would just love to sit these pathetic sportscasters down after next season, and make them rewatch what they said, as the Bengals go into the playoffs. Serving up some crow!

Did you see CJ's class move after the TD? This guy is definitley showing some maturity!

I've been a fan of Arena for awhile now, what do I have left...

I can understand that, arena football fills the gap between now and aprils draft -- being from NY & the superbowl/probowls were over, all anybody would talk abought was the "Albany River Rats" so i became a big fan of theres untill they moved out of town for "Money Reasons"

so i guess i'm looking for a new arena team to call my own

You have the New York Dragons in your area, but if you want to root for a Cincy team, we have the Cincinnati Swarm for the AF2 but the problem is the jerkoffs at Bank One haven't come to an agreement with the team and will not compete in 2004.

Tickets are as low as $9 and season tickets for the best seat in the house are around $220 -- projected since they won't compete this season.

This is quality entertainment for VERY cheap. Unlike baseball or football games where you have to pay $220 for a family to go to a game, you could get put in $40 for that same family; great value.

Does anyone else wonder how Payton Manning could look so good, then turn around and look like an absolute idiot in the same game? It was one hell of a scoring fest. By far the best Pro Bowl I've ever seen. And if any of you guys on the east coast made it to work on time today, you are amazing. What is it with these late late games on Sundays!?! :(

Does anyone else wonder how Payton Manning could look so good, then turn around and look like an absolute idiot in the same game? It was one hell of a scoring fest. By far the best Pro Bowl I've ever seen. And if any of you guys on the east coast made it to work on time today, you are amazing. What is it with these late late games on Sundays!?! :(

That guy lacks composure when needed most.

That guy lacks composure when needed most.

Jam - That's about as accurate as it gets, he's always been the guy that can't win the big one. Even though the pro-bowl isn't really considered the big one, he'll have this monkey on his back until he wins the big one.

He won 2 playoff games...the monkey is gone...

The reason peyton looks so bad at times...is because he looks so good the rest of the time....When Peyton is on eveything goes his way and he looks head and shoulders above ythe rest of the QB's...so when he messes up he looks just as bad.

He won 2 playoff games...the monkey is gone...

He never could beat Florida while a Vol, a first round exit in 99 while he was 13-3, a first round exit in 00, a first round exit in 02. Two playoff wins hardly justifies being a proven winner. How long did it take Steve Young and what did he have to do to get there?

Manning now has a legacy in front of him and whether or not he can write the one of instant greatness like the forefathers before him to be mentioned as one of the greats of all time, well that's up to him. That's the monkey on his back. Note: Doesn't that sound like a pre-game show if Manning ever gets into the Super Bowl? :lol:

OK well I am a Volunteers fan and I remember watching Manning choke against Florida in Jamal's freshman year and the years before that. As soon as he graduated I celebrated knowing that we would have a real chance to win the national title with him gone. And with Tee Martin at the helm, we won the very next year....coincidence?? I think not!

That says it all right there, its like the Brady-Manning argument, Id take Brady any day, sure he wont break 25 passing records but he'll win....

Im glad Peyton is in Indy because I hate that team and they will never win a superbowl as long as Peyton is under center. Oh yeah and as long as they have the horseshoe on their helmet too!!!

I hear you but the fact of the matter is....he won 2 playoff games this year....

Your theory that he cant win impostant games goes out the window with 2 important wins...

I understand your point about these 2 wins not having much importance but if you think about they do....He has proved he can win in a game that IS more important than a regular season game....Thats big for him and for his confidence.

You can honestly tell me that you believe PM has less of a chance to win a superbowl because he didnt win a NCAA Championship in Tennesee?

Or because something in his character wont let him win?

I feel he broke that cycle of inconsistancy this year...with not just 1 but 2 playoffs wins..

I agree Jam, if you remove the stats from Mannings name, he's probably not even the top five QBs in the league -- hows that for a dramatic statement.. ok boys, bring it on. :D

Huh?

If you remove his name from the stats you mean?

Either way you crazy...go get the stats and post them....

Your theory that he cant win impostant games goes out the window with 2 important wins...

Well I guess we can shower him with hall of fame accolades without any kind of championship win with two playoff wins. If that's the degradation you want to give the hall, then count me out as this being the best sport in America.

Huh?

If you remove his name from the stats you mean?

Either way you crazy...go get the stats and post them....

No, I mean what I said. Remove the stats and he's worse than Tom Brady, Steve McNair, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon; guys that at least made it to the Super Bowl. Point is, they made it to the Super Bowl, point is, Manning hasn't and until he does, he will not be a great QB. People remember greatness, not tons of stats. People remember that Marino has a ton of stats but never won the big game, welcome Manning.

You can honestly tell me that you believe PM has less of a chance to win a superbowl because he didnt win a NCAA Championship in Tennesee?

I honestly think that when it counts in Payton's LIFE that he can't win the big game no matter the situation. college or pro, doesn't matter, he hasn't won. That's fact and proof.

I feel he broke that cycle of inconsistancy this year...with not just 1 but 2 playoffs wins..

He broke the cycle against a Denver team that didn't belong in the playoffs and a Chiefs team that couldn't stop an ant from crossing the endzone. Regardless, he lost to the team that won and that proves to me that HE can't win.

I don't know what's going to happen from here on out, but what I know is that he's not a winner. Maybe Mike V. was right. He's not a winner, he's a good QB, but not what it takes to take a team to a championship, just because he can throw great passes, doesn't mean he's great. See Marino.