Jason Whitlock

Jet23

What is up with this d!ck. He takes another shot at the cats!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ck/050929&num=2

'If the Bengals get by Houston this weekend, which I don't expect, they'll lose on the road at Jacksonville. Seattle or Denver will stop the Redskins within the next two weeks.'

Did he just say that he doesn't expect Cincinnati to get past Houston?

I believe the uproarious comment in brother Whitlock's column is in reference to our contest with the Texans this Sunday. That's the one neither Jet nor I find very educated.

After a decade of being the laughing stock of the NFL, I don't expect anyone to pronounce the Bengals as Super Bowl contenders. However, this guy likes to brag about being an 'expert', but I doubt that he has taken the time to see what ML has done. He just looks at 3-0 and shrugs it off as being blind luck. He is an idiot.

Look, if you think the Texans will step up and upset the Bengals, that is fine. BUT, for him to expect it to happen, he is an idiot. The Bengals are not overhyped, they are hyped just fine thank you.

An lastly, Jason Whitlock is an idiot (just in case you missed it earlier).

Jason Whitlock doesn't really believe what he says. He knows that he will get guarunteed support from Browns/Ravens/Steelers homers by belittling what the Bengals have done. No rational football analyst, not even an idiot like Whitlock, can really EXPECT the Bengals to lose at home to Houston.

Whitlock needs to put down the blunt and give the Bengals some credit. Even if the Bengals early schedule is soft, they're doing what they're supposed to do in demolishing these teams. And frankly, Houston is worse than any team the Bengals have played yet. So why will the result this Sunday be any different??

He is a writer for the Kansas City Star. You think he may have his lacy panties in a wad about the spankin Cincinnati put on the Chefs a couple years ago??

Could be. I'm more inclined to think he just wants to get attention to his crappy column by making "bold" and unorthodox comments, even if he doesn't plan on supporting them.

Judging by the existence of this thread, he succeeded.

He has not suceeded, we are simply bored waiting for Sunday to get here. By the way I mentioned this before has anyone noticed that Sundays seem to be about 12 days apart lately B)

I have noticed that... I feel like a third grader in the back seat of a volkswagon on his way to a camping trip.

Is it Sunday yeeeeeettttttttt???????

There is always going to be someone every week that is going to put the bengals down and say they are going to be beat. At some point someone will be right and they will look like they knew what they were talking about, but in reality they just got lucky and picked the right week to make the statement.

There is always going to be someone every week that is going to put the bengals down and say they are going to be beat. At some point someone will be right and they will look like they knew what they were talking about, but in reality they just got lucky and picked the right week to make the statement.

The way Whitlock words his statements, it is nearly impossible for him to be wrong. "If the Bengals get past Houston, which I don't expect..." He will make his radical statements, but he won't adhere to them. He expects the Bengals to win this game, but he wants attention from pro-Bengals and anti-Bengals readers. He did say, however, that we will lose to Jacksonville. I hope we go in there and whoop 'em. There's no way for him to escape that one. <_<

Such is life when you are "king of the mountain."

However, as noted by Mel Brooks...it's good to be king! :sure:

Page 2 of espn.com

Apparently he didn't see the game.

With average play from the QB position, the Chicago Bears could've upset the overhyped Cincinnati Bengals. Instead of average QB play, the Bears are stuck with rookie Kyle Orton, who threw five interceptions last week.

It gets worse-

Of the undefeated teams -- Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Washington and Tampa Bay -- the Buccaneers will stay undefeated the longest.

If the Bengals get by Houston this weekend, which I don't expect, they'll lose on the road at Jacksonville.

I think he needs his crack pipe refilled.

Then Prisco from cbs.sportsline.com pick against the Bengals in the Pick 'em stack but in his column say that the Bengals will win by 7. I guess he's saying the won't cover the spread.

Take another snort guy

the Chicago Bears could've upset the overhyped Cincinnati Bengals.

By this sentence alone, it is obvious he simply is looking for an excuse to bring up the Bengals. He is either biased for an unknown reason, or he is just trying to get attention to his crappy article.

Meh. <_<

"...the overhyped Cincinnati Bengals."

If anybody knows hype, it's Jason Whitlock. If you read the entire article you can see he's just trying to ruffle feathers. Isn't it obvious that the Bills and Bears had a little more reason to make their QB gambles then the success of Ben Roethlisberger?

It's "Sports Talk Radio 101" -- pick a popular subject, take a skewed angle on it, blow it out of proportion, then scream as loudly as you can. When a more sensible person calls you on it, you dig in your heels, point out the mistakes they've made in the past, then pray that someday you'll be proven right. It's kinda like Don't Push Me's thing with Rudi Johnson.