Rest Rudi?

HoosierCat

Injury note from da site...

INJURY NEWS: Six Bengals, led by Pro Bowl tackle Willie Anderson, either won’t practice or will be limited Wednesday but are expected to play Sunday against the Texans. Head coach Marvin Lewis said Anderson (back), and running back Rudi Johnson (knee) won’t work Wednesday. He also said linebacker Brian Simmons (neck), defensive end Carl Powell (knee) and running back Chris Perry (hamstring) are going to be limited and won’t appear on the injury report as participating in 11-on-11 drills. Punter Kyle Larson (back) is also probable.

Lewis indicated he would dress eight offensive linemen instead of seven Sunday against the Texans. But asked if he would activate backup right tackle Stacy Andrews for the first time since the opener, Lewis had no comment. Anderson said he had MRIs Tuesday and Wednesday and that the results were negative.

Do we really need Rudi or Willie to beat the Texans? Not to get too overconfident here, but the thought did occur t me.. :unsure:

I think it would be a very good idea to give Perry the start (calm down DPM) and see what he can do for a half or so, unless we struggle on offense accordingly. Then we could bring Rudi in for the second half to drain the clock, and still probably approach 100 yards.

I think it would be a very good idea to give Perry the start (calm down DPM) and see what he can do for a half or so, unless we struggle on offense accordingly. Then we could bring Rudi in for the second half to drain the clock, and still probably approach 100 yards.

*edit*

Another double post? Hmmmm.....

But if Willie goes down, we'll be in trouble. Also, Rudi is important, do we have another grinder? Still, though, I bet they'll start. But this is a good time to test out the backups. Willie is a tank... he's starting like 400 games in a row. ^.^ I don't think the Texans will bother him too much. hehe

Hey, Lita Lady (assuming you're a lady)...welcome.

We have no other grinder unless they experimented with Jeremy Johnson some...he saw a lot more action in preseason and did really well with it. He's not that fast, but pretty athletic and can definately move a pile...not too good with yards after contact, which you need in a grinder.

000009dj.jpg

Well, from what I can see, JJ is that style of runner, but can he do it for a whole game? He's kind of heavy and slow, it will make him tired...

Anyway, thank you!

Agreed, I don't think JJ would last long in that scenario. I don't think they'd intend to give him even 10 carries though, even if they wanted to expand his role for a week.

Well, from what I can see, JJ is that style of runner, but can he do it for a whole game? He's kind of heavy and slow, it will make him tired...

Anyway, thank you!

a big man yes ...not so slow footed for a man his size... as for getting tired... he goes thru the hole before rudi and has to lay a buone crunching block on someone.. thats just as tiresome as running with the brick....He could handle 10 carries no problem.... Hell Pete Johnson was allmost this big and carried 25-30 times a game.. if JJ isnt in good enough shape to carry the ball 10 times they should fire their strength coach immediately.....

I agree with Walshie. JJ could tote the note at least 10x if they need to rest Rudi, without fear of JJ getting tired. Perry will make up for any carries Rudi may not get due to caution on the bengals part.

Rudi - starts, 15-20 carries

CPerry - 10-15 carries

JJ - 2-8 carries (short yardage for sure)