QB Ratings after 3 weeks

rizzy

Here are the top 10 qbs according to ratings after the first 3 weeks.

1. Roethlisberger, 131.8

2. Carson Palmer, 114.0

3. Drew Bledsoe, 103.7

4. D. McNabb, 99.4

5. Kerry Collins, 95.9

6. Trent Dilfer, 95.1

7. Marc Bulger, 94.6

8. Byron Leftwich, 93.8

9. Matt Hasselbeck, 91.8

10. Eli Manning, 88.7

Hope to see carson stay up there the whole year. I really want to see roethlisberger take a beating fall off this list I am tired of hearing about him.

I'm surprised Eli has such a passer rating... His completion percentage isn't even 55.

the bulk of the points comes from yards per attempt....thats the base and then you can add or subtract for percentage of completions, touchdowns and interceptions....

Big Ben doesnt have a very good percentage either but stays away from ints and have a good yrds per attempt...

Roethlisberger only passes when no one expects it (it's about 80% of the time). The run makes him better. Anyone will tell you the run sets up the pass. He has an oline that can run against anyone. Put him in Texas and his numbers are similar to Carr's. Palmer is in a similar situation, yet the Bengals are a 50/50 team. The Steelers are 60/40 run, but they are good at it. This will make the QB better.

No one expects Ben to pass, yet when he does he has a great in Ward. He has a perfect situation. I'd still take Palmer any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I say give me a game where he stepped up and won a big game. Brady beats all in that catagory. Yet give me Carson down by 6 before I take Ben. The Steelers just never put him in this situation, and that is why he will put up good ratings in the regular season, but not be a great. Until he pulls a Brady (not great stats, but always come through when needed) he is not that great.

I knew we would be better than everyone expected, we're just overlooked so much because of the fact that we have such a powerhouse division.

QB ratings suck....Ben is being rewarded for throwing 3 times a game....Wins and losses baby, wins and losses....

:phish: Perhaps you didn't notice, but Big Ben also has 3 wins and 0 losses. Your point is, well, useless. :phish:

:chair:

Hmmmmm.....Pittsburgh just got beat by NE

QB ratings suck....Ben is being rewarded for throwing 3 times a game....Wins and losses baby, wins and losses....

:phish: Perhaps you didn't notice, but Big Ben also has 3 wins and 0 losses. Your point is, well, useless. :phish:

That's what I get for posting while I'm still finishing my 1st cup of coffee.

With the exception of that old guy in Oakland, John Kerry Collins, all the QBs in the top 10 are winning games.

That's what I get for posting while I'm still finishing my 1st cup of coffee.

I won't attempt to further humble you, but I will add that anyone who witnessed Ben's performance against the Patriots knows that his passer rating hides alot of flaws. Deep into the 4th quarter Ben's completion percentage was around 30% and he'd missed something like a dozen throws in a row. Despite his lofty ranking....he's no Tom Brady. Nor is he the equal of Carson Palmer. He's just a promising QB who happened to land on a team perfectly suited to hide his flaws.

That said, I was thrilled to see the Patriots put an end to Ben's unbeaten regular season record because I was soooo sick of that stat.