New power rankings

clevelandbengal

Everybody loves the Kool-Aid.

WHO DEY

I don't think we should be in front of the steelers until they lose another or we can beat them. I like seeing us there, but realistically, we won't prove ourselves until we put a whoopin' on Jax at the least, but really we need to b!tchslap the steelers in week 8. At which point I'll lay claim to #2. Then we'll dethrone Indy and claim our rightful spot at the top.

True, but strength of schedule only matters in college, and rankings in general have no affect on how the Bengals finish. So if all three were bad, then that would be 6 games given. But we all know the NFL is never like that.

P.S. The NFL.com power ranking has the Bengals at #6 behind the Colts, Bucs, Patriots, Steelers, and Eagles, respectively. Either way, that's about where the Bengals should be.

The question of Cincinnati/Pissburgh dominance will be settled in a couple weeks when they come to the Jungle and we welcome them with a roaring crowd and 5 INTS!

I'd be shocked if Roethlisberger gave up 5 INT's, but then again, I was shocked when Culpepper did that very thing. With this Bengal defense playing the way it is, you never know.

I predicted the Bengals being ranked #5. Seeing how they were ranked at numbers 4 & 6 in two major polls, I'll call my prediction on the money. I loved this comment about our boys from Cincinnati:

With stars on offense, a good, young coach, and an opportunistic defense, the Bengals are suddenly the darlings of the NFL.

It's true. I read the N.Y. Times, Los Angeles Herald, and Las Vegas Sun almost daily, (Mostly because Arizona Newspapers SUCK!) and yesterday all had at least 1/4 page write up on the Bengals/Bears game. The N.Y. times was almost 1/2 page. That's a huge departure from the two paragraphs normally reserved for teams outside these newspapers markets.

I understand the caution here, believing that we still need to prove ourselves a bit more to pass the Steelers.

On the other hand, what more could we have done with the schedule that has been assigned to us? The Bengals didn't create the schedule. Sure the Steelers lost to a really good team, but the fact is they lost, and we aren't just winning... it's like college football. The scores aren't even close. There isn't too much more we could do to pass the Steelers at this point in the season. So I don't have a problem with this.

That said... on that principle, we should also be ahead of the Colts since we are clicking on all cylinders, and the Colts are #1 because of what everyone expects the offense to do eventually. So you can make the argument from both sides. I don't feel as though we don't deserve to be above Pit. I also wouldn't be outraged if we were below them. I think these rankings are pretty fair.

Marvin Harrison is down? I had no idea, that is a back breaker for the Colts...

Or are you confusing him with Rodney Harrison?

*edit*

Woah, a second ago, Billy had a post right above this one that spoke of the colts possibly losing Marvin Harrison this year, hence my above post. Now it's gone! I'm going looney, I swear...

:unsure: