The More Things Change...

HoosierCat

He was the former GM for GB during the mid to late 90s while Holmgren was the head coach, so his eye for talent is better than some in the NFL. But his ego is bigger than Ted Kennedy (that's pretty big) :lol:

Was he part of the Bills in the late 80's/early 90's? For some reason I keep thinking that. I know he was somewhere else before GB too but I can't remember for certain.

kirk:

Give it time Joisey man, it will take awhile to build a quality scouting department. 

Yeah, I know...but I don't think the Bengals will shorten the process by hiring FoMs (Friends of Mikey) who can't get a real NFL job. The team has moved on, the fans have moved on...why can't the front office move on, too?

billy:

Oh, so he's still riding Holmgrens wave to a big paycheck.

Many would argue it's Holgrem who rode Wolf's wave into the Seattle gig, where's he's then proceeded to accomplish diddly-squat.

Well, it's not like Coslet was given some big wig job, he's just a scout. Yeah, the Browns paid the big money for Wolf, big deal. The Bengals added Duke Tobin last year in a similar capacity to what Wolf is for the Browns....And I'd say Tobin is the better of the two....The biggest knock on the scouting department isn't having some big wig muckity muck, but getting more scouts, which is what Coslet is. So saying the more things change the more they stay the same....You really are comparing apples to oranges....

I don't want to see Coslet with the Bengals in any capacity !! Why should he be given a 3rd chance with this organization? I'm all for people being given a 2nd chance, but when you start on 3 or more you start sounding and looking like Darryl Strawberry .

Actually, as a offensive coordinator he did a pretty good job of things....As a head coach...Well his first two seasons weren't that bad....8-8, and 7-9...Compared to Shula and Lebeau he looked like Lombardi....Until he got Akilied...And we know who was responsable for Akili...*cough*Mike Brown*cough*.....But yeah, there is no way I'd let him coach again, but as a scout I think he'll do fine...This isn't his third chance, first time he left he got a head coaching job, he wasn't shown the door, so really this is only his second chance.

Actually, if you take away Dave Shula's 1-6 start in 1996, then Coslet went 7-2 in his first season as coach. After that though he flopped. Coslet was not bad at all as the Bengals offensive coordinater, Cincy always had an offense that would put up 40 or even 50 points at least two or three times a year, and consistantly over twenty one points. I don't mind having him as a scout. Just becuase he wasn't a great head coach doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football.

The Bengals added Duke Tobin last year in a similar capacity to what Wolf is for the Browns....And I'd say Tobin is the better of the two....

I have to disagree with you there.

Depends on if you base it on the amount of money paid...Tobin wouldn't be pulling in the huge figure that Wolf is gonna be getting from the Browns. Value for money.

:lol: Is he the reason the "Bills" stand for "Boy I Love Losing Superbowls"? :lol:

That is SO not funny around the weatern new york area. Say that or " Wide Right ", and its worse than yelling " fire " in a movie.

When they hired LeBeau and were convinced that they were going back to the Super bowl, I reminded them that his previous attempts with the Bengals hadn't been real successful. Told them how the Bengals had lost their supe bowls, but the scores were closer in '90 than in '82. Then told them that if LeBeau stayed true to schedule that the would lose their next super bowl by 3 points ......8 years from now.

B) Had to lay low for about a week.