Game thread!

Spain

Frankly, from their performance tonight, there is not a single player on the Bengals team that could start for the Eagles. Physically, we aren't even in the same building.

Some things to watch:

The receivers look athletic but tentative. Chad Johnson was scared of contact and ran out of bounds, negating a sure touchdown. The rest of the guys just don't look assertive.

The o-line doesn't look very physical.

Chris Perry looks good. We could really use him this year to create some mismatches.

Palmer looks good. His passes are crisp and accurate.

The defense looks worthless yet again. The defensive line doesn't look very physical, and the back seven doesn't seem to be able to cover any receivers or make any sure tackles.

The special teams are still very average.

Overall, this is a poor sign for the season.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at what the offense did last year against some of the better Defensive teams in the NFL, I can only guess that the play calling and the missing link on the o-line seems to be dooming this team in the preseason. I don't see TJ getting open either, but the Bengals seem to always be in 3rd and long because of a penalty or a sack. It is real tough to be productive like that. Just wait and see on the offense.

There must be something bettter than Herring

We know all of us bengal crack addicts will be hyped in a week. We have to look at the bright side. We have a weak schedule at the beginning, but I know the Browns are going to win. We have to hope we're 3-3 and the D starts to click. If not, we'll get killed by real teams. Still a pretender. It sure seems like the offense got their heads swelled eh?

Lose to the browns..?...I think everyone iis really going crazy...are you really going to say our season is going to be bad just because of 1 pre season game? The eagles are a Elite team and playing all of their guys...With philly's weak WR core the secondary is bothersome but that is makeshift now so we can't really even be disappointed...And Donovan McNabb is a top 5 QB in the NFL the last time I checked..We will make the playoffs we aren't a contender

Not to be a homer, because the Eagles probably are superior to the Bengals in many ways, being favorites for the superbowl again. But I have to wonder if some of the same kind of worried rants took place last year in New England when the Bengals trounced the Patriots.

Everyone is in pre-season, so you can't make excuses about no gameplans, because the Eagles probably don't have a gameplan either... but a sound beating in a pre-season game doesn't necessarily point to superiority, either physically or mentally.

I think this will actually work in our favor, because Marvin just won't tolerate mediocrity and lack of effort... an he'll point to this game and remind them that on Sept. 11th, this crap is not suitable.

So, I refuse to make any conclusions from this game. A bit dissapointing, maybe even something to keep in the back of our minds for those of us who enjoy worrying, but when it comes down to facts... the game doesn't count. Talk to me when we play like this in a real game. Then I'll help you burn down Cincinnati.

Has anyone told JustSlapMe that Rudi ran for 72 yds on 17 carries compared to Perry's -5 on 3 carries to this point. Perry probably felt sorry for Rudi and decided to suck today... except through the air, that was a nice one....