What are your thoughts about Randy Starks?

I still believe that the Bengals need to go after a veteran CB in FA. Our D needs a shut down corner right now, but i don't believe we can wait to draft a guy and plug him in the starting lineup and hope he learns on the job. Think about some of the recent 1st round CBs; Jammer, Buchanon, Trufant, Newman, Davis, Wollfork, etc. Some of the older ones are good players now, but none of them had very impressive rookie seasons. Same goes for linebackers.

I've seen a few mock drafts where EVERY top D-lineman is gone before the Bengals draft; Harris, Wilork, Starks, Smith, and Udeze. In such an instance i would not be opposed to the drafting of a CB or LB, but i would hope it would be a guy who could contribute greatly on special teams (i.e. D. Hall). I've been going through the scenario in my head and i have narrowed it down to 2 LBs or 2 CBs i think we should take.

D.J. Willaims: could play all LB spots. Has all the intangibles you can't really coach (speed, size, strength, etc.) but what he needs is coaching, a lot of it. I know Marvin is a great coach, and for all i know DJ could turn into the next Lavar Arrignton, but he could bust just as well, all his gifts don't mean squat if he can't read and react properly.

Johnathan Vilma: could play all LB spots as well, but might lack size to play the middle, which is where we need an impact player. His biggest con is a lack of size, and if we drafted him we'd probably need to draft a big DT to protect him. Again, he has everything you look for but one key componet, size.

Chris Gamble: Sorry for the pun but this could would be a gamble. He isn't very experienced at CB, but he has all the athleticism and size (6'2) you could want in a CB. Would be and immediate addition to special teams. Would take time to develope into a complete, but maybe dominating player.

DeAngelo Hall: Similar to Gamble with regards to athleticism and special teams ability, is more experienced and a much better cover guy, but is smaller and has a bit of an attitude (but is that so bad in a CB?)

I still think upgrading the D-line is the most effective use of our 1st rounder, and maybe even the 2nd. I dream of drafting Starks in the 1st and then Antwan Odom in the 2nd (i did say dream).

Actually i'm leaning towards DeAngelo Hall. Can't take away the thing that can't be coached.  4.3 speed, rumored to be 4.15  plus living down here in the south we see a lot of Va Tech games. Have to admit the kids a playmaker.

I'f i'm drafting a cornerback, just give me a guy that can flat out run. I'll coach the rest  you know.?

plus he's a top notch return man.3 touchdowns this year on punts, let alone the fumble and 2 picks returned for touchdowns as well.

I'm not saying he's deion, but very deionesque'. and i've met Deion Sanders, anyone who believes he's 6-1 is a damn fool.

DeAngelo Hall is a player. I'd take him over Gamble in a second. OSU gets all the PR. In college Hall could win games by himself; punt return, fumble return and an interception in a days work. :blink:

As for late rounds, draft from IAA at this postion and receiver.

• 2 weeks later...

1st round K.Udez, V.Wolfolk or DJ.Williams in this order. Lets pray we get one of these guys. These are the only ones that makes sense for us. Plus we are going to get a CB in FA.These guys help with the pass & the run. Then we get to see Marvin do his magic of drafting the best available player. He is in the process of making a super bowl team. People will be asking how did he get D.Weathersby in the 4th rd.

Yo, if Kellen is there on the board at 17, we'd get him....but I guarantee he won't make it that far....the Bills want him so bad they can taste it....Bledsoe loves his TE's, and with K2, thats about as surefire as you can get.....Kenechi won't be there either.....I'm thinking he's gonna go to Washington, they just lost Bruce Smith, and need a replacement.......Uhm.....yeah.......I like that Igor dude the more i hear about him....but like Gamble, he is also raw too.....If he's there in the 2nd round, we should nab him....man, there are so many good 2nd round picks hanging around.....

Question: If the Saints gave us a fourth rounder for Keaton, why can't we get at least a 2nd rounder for Dillon? That doesn't make a whole lotta sense, especially with a commodity such as him.....I think the Buccaneers might pull the trigger on that trade.....We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.....

But, if we hypothetically have another 2nd pick, I say we get... either Sean Jones, or Matt Ware, along with Igor.... I wish I had DirectV at school, I really wanna watch the combine.....

Question: If the Saints gave us a fourth rounder for Keaton, why can't we get at least a 2nd rounder for Dillon? That doesn't make a whole lotta sense, especially with a commodity such as him.....I think the Buccaneers might pull the trigger on that trade.....We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.....

Simple, Corey screwed his trade value by demanding out then throwing away his gear...what a f**kwhit! Why part with a second round pick when there is a very realy chance you'll be able to sign the same player after he has been cut cause he is killing the team chemistry? That's why Marvin keeps telling people that Corey is still a Bengal and saying he is going to be a Bengal until Marvin says otherwise...People might start uping the offers when it looks like the Bengals are gonna keep him....The only thing that might help the Bengals is a team not wanting to have to compete against another team that might have more money to throw at him....

Question:  If the Saints gave us a fourth rounder for Keaton, why can't we get at least a 2nd rounder for Dillon?  That doesn't make a whole lotta sense, especially with a commodity such as him.....I think the Buccaneers might pull the trigger on that trade.....We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.....

Simple, Corey screwed his trade value by demanding out then throwing away his gear...what a f**kwhit! Why part with a second round pick when there is a very realy chance you'll be able to sign the same player after he has been cut cause he is killing the team chemistry? That's why Marvin keeps telling people that Corey is still a Bengal and saying he is going to be a Bengal until Marvin says otherwise...People might start uping the offers when it looks like the Bengals are gonna keep him....The only thing that might help the Bengals is a team not wanting to have to compete against another team that might have more money to throw at him....

Kevnz, I agree with you completely. But looking over the league and the elitists that plague all sports, I seriously doubt his attitude will hinder his chances at a high draft pick. I think his injury will be more of a factor than his lack of character. If the league was filled with owners that choose morals over revenue, then I'd suggest that it would be hard to move Dillon around, but sadly, it's just not like that.

Kevnz, I agree with you completely. But looking over the league and the elitists that plague all sports, I seriously doubt his attitude will hinder his chances at a high draft pick. I think his injury will be more of a factor than his lack of character. If the league was filled with owners that choose morals over revenue, then I'd suggest that it would be hard to move Dillon around, but sadly, it's just not like that.

Oh, I don't think his attitude hurts his trade value...It only hurts the Bengals cause the teams out there are gonna think they can wait till he get's cut...I think maybe the Brunnell trade that's in the works will pick up the Corey talk because teams aren't gonna want to try to bid against each other...Plus I think Marvin is sandbaggin it a bit to make teams think they are gonna hold onto Dillon to get a higher pick...But I really don't think Dillon will be traded until right before the draft...

Kevnz, I agree with you completely.  But looking over the league and the elitists that plague all sports, I seriously doubt his attitude will hinder his chances at a high draft pick.  I think his injury will be more of a factor than his lack of character.  If the league was filled with owners that choose morals over revenue, then I'd suggest that it would be hard to move Dillon around, but sadly, it's just not like that.

Oh, I don't think his attitude hurts his trade value...It only hurts the Bengals cause the teams out there are gonna think they can wait till he get's cut...I think maybe the Brunnell trade that's in the works will pick up the Corey talk because teams aren't gonna want to try to bid against each other...Plus I think Marvin is sandbaggin it a bit to make teams think they are gonna hold onto Dillon to get a higher pick...But I really don't think Dillon will be traded until right before the draft...

I agree. Then again, Marvin isn't very vocal on what he's doing; damn him! :D

I'm sticking to my guns that we'll get a high second round pick for Dillon... Detroit has cap room and a need at running back. Washington has cap room and a need at running back.(plus a coach that loves a bruiser like dillon).

Dillon ran for 3.9 yards a carry and more than 500 yards while playing half the season. Have to think that after New England tossed away Antwoin Smith, they have to at least offer a pick.. or more..

lastly...Bucs,Raiders,possibly the 49ers are now in the market for a running back as well.

Only one i'm confused about is Parcells and the cowboys. They've all but said that Hambrick would be lucky to even have a roster spot next season , but the TUNA has so many buddies he could get any FA running back he wanted.

I'm sticking to my guns that we'll get a high second round pick for Dillon... Detroit has cap room and a need at running back. Washington has cap room and a need at running back.(plus a coach that loves a bruiser like dillon).

Dillon ran for 3.9 yards a carry and more than 500 yards while playing half the season. Have to think that after New England tossed away Antwoin Smith, they have to at least offer a pick.. or more..

lastly...Bucs,Raiders,possibly the 49ers are now in the market for a running back as well.

Only one i'm confused about is Parcells and the cowboys. They've all but said that Hambrick would be lucky to even have a roster spot next season , but the TUNA has so many buddies he could get any FA running back he wanted.

Chris -- I have to interject here. I think if Detriot picks up Bailey, which looks like has a ton of momentum, then they can concentrate their high draft position in picking up a quality RB in the draft. Washington will get Brunnell which again, I think will give the Redskins a chance at picking up a RB in the the first two rounds on their high draft position. With the 49ers, Barlow had some really good games which I'm sure proved they don't need a veteran RB.

I think the Bucs won't either because they run the west coach offense and need a RB with good hands; that doesn't bode well for Dillon.

My best guess would definately be the Pats because they dumped Smith and because they have two first round draft picks. I think we could trade Dillon for NE second or third round pick, but I think we'll get depth rather than qualilty for the pick.

I have to agree with Chris about Coreys value. and as the critic were saying we had an incredible draft last year, we will do even better in both markets this year!! B)

Quote: "lastly...Bucs,Raiders,possibly the 49ers are now in the market for a running back as well."

I don't think the niners need a RB, they have Kevan Barlow, and I'm sure you remember him from this season....I think a second rounder is possible....I'd love to have a 2nd rounder, there seem to be so many gems, Coach Lewis seems to have a knack for grabbing them.....like I said b4, we'll just have to wait and see....

I put the 49ers there, for the fact that they have an mindnumbing amount of Free agents,both Restricted,and unrestricted.....the list includes....Barlow...Owens...Tai Streets....Plummer....and Julian Peterson.. Lance Shulters,and the list goes on and on. The Titans may have the worst cap amount to deal with over the cap. But there is no way that San Fran can keep half of those players let alone Owens and Peterson. plus they're gonna have to release former Bengal Garrison Hearst after the draft.

For Overstanding..... The same way we could lose Rudi when we offer him that one year tender for 1.8... San Fran could lose Barlow.