Do Brat, Marvin, and Zampese agree?

walzav29

You are all assuming that 50 million $$$ means you get to play. This may have been true BEFORE the Lewis era, but as coach has repeatedly said: "The best players play."

There is no reason to change quarterbacks, unless kitna gets outplayed.

I'm taking the long odds everyone here will give me betting kitna will be the starter opening day. :o

Doesn't anyone remember drafting Jack Thompson to replace Kenny Anderson? But he just couldn't outplay the old vet. Thompson was eventually traded to the Bucs.

I'm not against Palmer, but the top picks for this franchise are historically BUSTS! :ph34r:

Good point ............. good point.

Since you mentioned Kenny Anderson though, I think a closer analogy may have been when Kenny was drafted to replace Sam Wyche ......... which he did.

Jack Thompson ala Akili Smith ala David Klingler not only couldn't beat out the starter in Cincinnati, they couldn't beat out any starter anywhere. I do believe that Jack Thompson is on a coaching staff. I can't remember where or in what capacity, but I was sure I'd heard his name in connection with coaching. Who knows ??? Maybe Kitna will end up on someones coaching staff as well. I've said before that I think he'd make a good one some day.

IF .... big IF Kitna does start the season as the #1 qb, I believe that coach Lewis will follow th McNair model and that Palmer will start around the 5th or 6th game. I think economics plays into it, but I think the main reason will be that Palmer will by then be the better of the two.

Doesn't anyone remember drafting Jack Thompson to replace Kenny Anderson? But he just couldn't outplay the old vet. Thompson was eventually traded to the Bucs.

I loved watching JT overthrow his receivers by 25 yards! You know Forrest Gregg got tired of that in a hurry.

I'm taking the long odds everyone here will give me betting kitna will be the starter opening day. :o

Duuuude!! Send me some of what you're smokin'! Those are some awesomely long odds, Mat! I think Pete Rose getting into the HOF has better odds than what your backing here!

Kitna is solid, but he sure is hell ain't no Kenny Anderson!! Ken knew when to get rid of the ball, and not take a(nother) sack, as Jon is all too prone to do. I'll take all bets (Damn! That Pete is rubbing off on me! :P ) that it's Carson taking the first regular season snap next year!

Any takers? :D

I'm taking the long odds everyone here will give me betting kitna will be the starter opening day. 

I completely agree. I've always believed in the old adage that you're the starter until you lose the job on poor performances. Could Palmer out play Kitna before week 1? Maybe, maybe not.

I think his skills and talents aren't in question, but his mental makeup. Can he read defenses, can he adjust to blitzes, can he throw with a big ol' fattie in his face while Warrick is 15 yards downfield on in route while the defender is less than two feet. Questions, questions, questions.

Either way, our lord and savior Kitna and Marvin the Marvelous God will take care of us, I'm sure of it. Hence the new religion of Marvinism -- God endorsed it in a vision the other night.

Well, I'm a huge Kitna fan, but I think going into the camps the job is Palmers to lose. But I also think a lot will depend on Free Agency. If they can shore up the problem areas on defense Marvin may try to use next year to go into the playoffs and Kitna is the best option...However, that is not Marvin's style. Palmer starts cause Marvin knows they both are gonna be here a good long while. Kitna said all season that Palmer is the better QB and I have a feeling that he'll be a Bengal for a good long while as well, then very casually slip into a QB coach role.