Busch Leaving ROUSH!!!!!

Kirkendall

CONCORD, N.C. -- Roush Racing announced Tuesday that Kurt Busch has advised team officials that he has signed with another team commencing in 2007. The name of the team is not known.

Kurt also requested a release from his contract for 2006. Due to sponsor and team considerations no decision on that request will be made for an indefinite period.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...ract/index.html

Not sure if he has a ford contract as well, which would leave Wells, Yates, or Woods. Yates hasn't announced a 3rd ride, and I doubt Busch would go to either Wells or Woods leaving the 97 team.

I doubt DEI because they are just not strong right now.

I think it's for Rusty's ride. Think about it. He starts in '07, asking to release from the '06 season.

Another possible choice is Evernham's #10 car next season....

He's an idiot! He's leaving the arguably top team in Nascar, as well as the team that got him a championship last season! Let's see how good he is without Jack Roush!

Apparently Penske is giving up some serious coin.

I think this has about everything to do with Jimmy Fenning retiring after 2006.

I have $5 that says Kurt will not make the Chase in at least his first 2 seasons in the 2 car. It will take him that long acclimating to the new team/crew chief and equipment. Look at what switching did for Junior, and he just went from one Chevrolet to another!

Plus he's trading down by leaving Roush's five car Nextel Cup squad, and going to Penske's pair! Testing data is cut by over 50%! When was the last time a Penske car won a race? How 'bout a Championship? See what I mean?

He's leaving for the "Busch" leagues penske_racing.gif

when he could still be a player in the pro's! roush_racing.gif

Damn Kurt. Your I.Q. just took a 20+ point hit in my eyes! :wacko:

Yea, I think you're right about getting accustomed to a new organization and new stuff.

As for testing, remember, NASCAR is looking to change that -- and probably will have it changed by the time Kurt leaves so I don't image the lesser engines will matter.

In all fairness though, all the Dodge teams are still adjusting to the new Charger.

You also have to think also, he probably wants to get out of the Roush shadow -- the owner that started the sign someone 2 years down the road mess.