The British Open

Scottishbengal

It's currently the British Open in St.Andrews, Scotland.

Due to the mountainous region where I live and work I can only pick up 3 medium wave channels on my car radio (FM tends to be all teeny-bop pop s**te that I just can't tolerate).

All 3 radio channels were giving live commentary on the golf. Can you believe it! Now golf can be quite a bit of fun to play if you and your mates are equally crap at it, but golf is not a spectator sport and should NEVER be shown on the TV let alone on the radio!!!! What is happening to the world?

I love it too. I took a late lunch and was a half hour late coming back just so I could see Jack walk up 18th fairway one last time. This man defines pressure player, and there will never be another one.

Sorry Scot, but I love golf. It is the hardest sport to play and play well in my opinion. A great battle with your own mind.

YOu know, the more I think about this and the more I read about it this is a sad day. Jack is probably the greatest american sportsman ever, and probably the greatest competitior ever. Even at his age he just has this magnetism and his calmness. This is makes some players great. When the pressure was on Jack got better instead of wilting like most athletes. The man is one of my hero's

This time I tip my cap to you Mr. Nicklaus

This time I tip my cap to you Mr. Nicklaus

I too tip my hat to Jack Nicklas, an undeniable all time great. But my all time favorite was Arnold Palmer. In the early '80's he flew his brand new Cessna Citation (S/N 001) into a small southern California Airport (Carlsbad) to play at La Costa. He needed a couple of minor things attended to mechanically (engine oils topped up and an intermittant Nav radio problem) and I was assigned to take care of it.

The man never left my side as I worked on his jet. The whole time we talked, he kept changing the subject from him to me. How long had I been an F.A.A. certified A&P mechanic, did I like living and working in Southern California, was I married, on and on. When we got his radio back from the Avionics shop, he was like a kid who's toy was fixed as good as new again! I installed it as he checked it out to his satisfaction.

That's when I wished him good luck that weekend and asked him for his autograph. He grinned, and said of course. He went to his waiting Cadillac, pulled out his personal cards, and wrote autographs for both me and my dad. What a cool dude!

It's currently the British Open in St.Andrews, Scotland.

Due to the mountainous region where I live and work I can only pick up 3 medium wave channels on my car radio (FM tends to be all teeny-bop pop s**te that I just can't tolerate).

All 3 radio channels were giving live commentary on the golf. Can you believe it! Now golf can be quite a bit of fun to play if you and your mates are equally crap at it, but golf is not a spectator sport and should NEVER be shown on the TV let alone on the radio!!!! What is happening to the world?

Holy crap. A Scotsman complaining about Golf!?! What's next? An Englishmen dissing tea? An American expounding on why hotdogs suck? :rolleyes: