Top 20 Rock Bands of All-Time

Kirkendall

Hmmmm, here is the list of twenty good gigs I can remember going too off the top of my head (I'm sure there's one or two better one's I've missed over the 25+ years of rocking I've attended), and again they're in no particular order (but it'll give you a flavour of the bands I go to see).

1. Anti-Pasti

2. The Mau Maus

3. Peter & The Test Tube Babies

4. Subhumans

5. R.E.M (in a warehouse on the Cardiff docks before they were "famous")

6. The Smiths (Cardiff University)

7. Disorder

8. Discharge

9. Surfin' Turnips (the let's get naked gig!)

10. Motorhead/Sepultura

11. Conflict/Blaggers ITA

12. Rancid/Swingin' Utters

13. Mad Caddies

14. Snuff

15. Long Ryders

16. The Nairn & Distrcit Pipe Band (Nethybridge Hotel - after the Highland Games)

17. The Men They Couldn't Hang (Peterbrough Beer Festival)

18. The Buzzcocks

19. The Pogues

20. Tenpole Tudor/Loud Ugly & Crap

God there's so many more but at this time of night (on a friday after beer drinking and ironing duties) I just can't be bothered...........

Uhhhhh...NO!!!

I hate articles like this. I really need to become a music writer.

If we're talking straight up rock n' roll, then Led Zeppelin would top the list for me. And if they don't top it, then they should at least make the top 20!!!

Look, I love some of the bands they mentioned. You know about me and my love for DMB...but to call them a better "rock" band than a group like Zeppelin? I don't think so.

I also love REM, but again...give me a break. I wouldn't dream of calling them a "rock" band aside from some of their earliest albums.

And last but not least...The Beach Boys!!!!!!????? Why don't we put Boys II Men on here while we're at it!!!

Argh!! :wacko:

Led Zeppelin was a great band musically, but Robert Plant sucks.

Same thing with Rush...great musically, but Geddy Lee's voice is awful.

And where are Nelson? Stryper? Cinderella? Warrant? White Lion? Great White? Ratt? You know, the truly great bands! :D

Led Zeppelin was a great band musically, but Robert Plant sucks.

Same thing with Rush...great musically, but Geddy Lee's voice is awful.

And where are Nelson? Stryper? Cinderella? Warrant? White Lion? Great White? Ratt? You know, the truly great bands! :D

Robert Plant sucks?? He's got one of the absolute best all-time rock voices, hands down.

Well apparently I'm also the only person in the USA who doesn't like Lynyrd Skynyrd, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

that list is terrible.

Ditto ditty! There is no f**king way in hell that Toe...er, I mean Pearl Jam beats out Aerosmith, Van Halen, Boston, Eagles, Springsteen, Metallica, Kiss, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Journey, Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Deep Purple, The Grateful Dead, and at least 25 other bands for the title of best American Rock band. I'm sorry, but they had a hit with the album "Ten." Not a single thing since.

Well apparently I'm also the only person in the USA who doesn't like Lynyrd Skynyrd, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Hold on bro. I'm a southerner who also thinks Skynyrd and their "Free Bird" sucks!

*Except for the acapellea version sung by Arnold McCuller in the movie "Duets."

mcculler.jpg