Top 10 Favorite Current Bengals Players

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man im good, my first return to the site after making this post, and i saw HairOnFire was the latest poster in this thread, so before clicking on it, i guessed that he wasn't here to participate in the thread, but instead to say something about Chris Perry being my favorite bengal. Am i really smart, or is HairOnFire just that predictable? Maybe its a bit of both.

Gee, lets see HoF isn't happy about Chris Perry not being able to play an entire season. You, on the other hand, are happy about a guy who REFUSED to play for half a season and didn't want to play for several.

I think HoF has it right and you still have your head stuck up Corey Dildo's backside.

I don't have a problem with the idea that I'd willingly or predictably react to the slightest bit of Chris Perry baiting. In fact, I've made no secret of my willingness to repeatedly point out how little having Chris Perry as a Bengal has meant to this team since being drafted or how little he can be counted on to provide in the future whatever it is he was once imagined he'd add to this team.

Sorry, ignoring the Perry pimping isn't an option for me anymore. No sir, not after this offseasons stupidity-fest had the decidely chump-like Perry almost running Rudi out of town. Please.

And along those lines, how funny or sad is it that in an incredibly positive offseason where seemingly every Bengal who isn't worth a headline once the whistle blows has gotten at least one glowing article written about that players newly improved health, dramatically lost weight, or more mature attitude...the updates about Perry all say the same thing.

Not only can't he go...he's still not close.

Top 10:

1. Jon Kitna (one of the best team players and best guys in football)

2. Justin Smith (even though he's only "solid")

3. Chad Johnson (goes without saying)

4. Madieu Williams (young, strong, future multiple-time Pro Bowler)

5. Keiwan Ratliff (I was a homer for this guy when he was still at UF)

6. Rudi Johnson (broke Leon's record and went to Butler County CC, which is 25 miles from Wichita)

7. Reggie Myles (should also go without saying)

8. Big Willie (fiercely loyal)

9. Carson Palmer (made me a "Reformed Carson-Hater")

10. David Pollack (will bring destruction, and all will tremble in his wake)

I don't have a problem with the idea that I'd willingly or predictably react to the slightest bit of Chris Perry baiting. In fact, I've made no secret of my willingness to repeatedly point out how little having Chris Perry as a Bengal has meant to this team since being drafted or how little he can be counted on to provide in the future whatever it is he was once imagined he'd add to this team.

Sorry, ignoring the Perry pimping isn't an option for me anymore. No sir, not after this offseasons stupidity-fest had the decidely chump-like Perry almost running Rudi out of town. Please.

And along those lines, how funny or sad is it that in an incredibly positive offseason where seemingly every Bengal who isn't worth a headline once the whistle blows has gotten at least one glowing article written about that players newly improved health, dramatically lost weight, or more mature attitude...the updates about Perry all say the same thing.

Not only can't he go...he's still not close.

Is profootballtalk.com your homepage or something? Because you certainly arent reading bengals.com for that info.

GH: He’s (chris perry) got to be frustrated.

ML: He’s only frustrated because people talk about him for no reason. That’s where his only frustration comes. He can’t miraculously make himself well. All he did was get hurt. He played great for us when he got a chance to play, before he hurt his abdominal muscles. Before that, he played outstanding. He did great things for us. Enough said.

GH: If he’s healthy, he’s a big factor in the passing game, isn’t he?

ML: A big factor in everything. He’s one of the most talented guys we have in this building. He has an opportunity to compete with Kenny, Rudi, all of them to see who the best guys are.

Is profootballtalk.com your homepage or something? Because you certainly arent reading bengals.com for that info.

Actually, there are better (and newer) "official" sources for keeping track of Perry's condition, namely Hobson, who has noted multiple times recently (most recently in his latest online column here ) that Perry has yet to run at full speed. Contra pft's latest report, he confirmed the multiple surgeries some time back. In short, Florio is just filling space with stuff we already knew...but it's slow time.

As someone who's dealt with the double hernia issue personally, it's a major pain in the gut, but I don't expect it to send Perry to the showers for good.

Kelly Washington - oh wait, thats the wrong list. scratch that

#1 CARSON PALMER YOU JUST GOT TO LOVE HIS ATTITUDE. every interview i've ever heard, this guy has always said the right thing.

# 2 Chad Johnson every team needs "one" guy with his cockyness

# 3 big Willie

# 4 Rudi Johnson

# 5 John Kitna best back-up QB in the leauge

# 6 Madieu Williams

# 7 TJ hooshmanwhateverthefunk

# 8 Robert Geathers most potential on the team

# 9 Peter Warrick

# 10 Brian Simmons

you guys kill me with all the POLLACK, THURMAN and PERRY picks. if you picked these guys as your favorite current bengals based on potential, you're probably the same people who were shouting "throw in Klingler"

I only mentioned PFT because they are notorious for posting bad and wrong info.

I've actually found that pft is right at least as often as they're wrong -- or rather, he's wrong, since it seems to be a one-man outfit. I only posted what I did to point out that a lot of Florio's stuff is information that's already out there (it appears that his daily one-liners are culled almost exclusively from theredzone's daily headlines, for example) and that especially with teams that have a bad rep (like Cincy) he rarely bothers to confirm negative opinions (like that they are somehow hiding Perry's injuries and status, which they aren't). It's a useful site; just remember your saltshaker.

And i didnt say perry was 100%, HoF said "the updates about Perry all say the same thing." I proved him wrong.

Didja really? Like Joisey already mentioned, the ProFootballTalk site is only repeating things I've heard or read from other sources. In fact, the only reason I mentioned that site was due to the fact it's update was the most recent....being only a few hours old when I mentioned it.

Oh, and Chick Ludwig was on the Colin Cowherd(sp?) ESPN radio program about two weeks ago and after spouting about 5 solid minutes of positive Bengal news mentioned that the Bengals and Perry were both extremely frustrated by the fact that Perry is still incapable of making the most routine cuts at even half speed and doesn't seem to be improving nearly as quickly as once hoped for.

Back on thread, the NFL Network will be repeating the Bengals 2004 Year in Review this week. I've seen it already, but I'll watch it again closely to see if so-called Bengal fan favorite Chris Perry is mentioned even once.

Oh, and Chick Ludwig was on the Colin Cowherd(sp?) ESPN radio program about two weeks ago and after spouting about 5 solid minutes of positive Bengal news mentioned that the Bengals and Perry were both extremely frustrated by the fact that Perry is still incapable of making the most routine cuts at even half speed and doesn't seem to be improving nearly as quickly as once hoped for.

Chick did a piece on Perry, with an interview about the same time -- probably just before he went and made the comments you describe. I don't think the trouble is so much that he isn't recovering as quickly as hoped because of some problem or lack of desire, but because the second hernia surgery shoved the timetable back. My question is this: I've been told that it's standard procedure to repair both sides of the abdominal wall even if the hernia is only on one side; why wasn't this done in Perry's case? I continue to harbor grave doubts about this team's medical staff.

1.) Chad Johnson -am surprised he's not #1 on more lists

2.) Carson Palmer -will go down as the best QB in Bengals History

3.) Brian Simmons -great consistency on D & came to my school years ago

4.) Madieu Williams -very exciting to watch, best draft pick of ours last year

5.) Peter Warrick -say all you want about him, i dont think there is anything

more entertaining than watching P-Dub go from sideline to sideline making the other team miss. Makes the clutch 3rd down reception.

6.) Big Willie Style -honestly i feel bad for players like Willie who has been so devoted to a team for years and has had very to little to show for it, hopefully before he retires, we will have a playoff run and or a superbowl ring

7.) Justin Smith -love his intensity, love him nailin the nail in the coffin...haha

8.) Jon Kitna -still a major influencial leader on this team and a great knowledge of the game. Amazing what he did 2 seasons ago w/ the little talent he has.

9.) Reggie Myles -Can anyone say Special Teams?

10.)TJ Houshmanzadeh -Made some fantastic catches last year and rightfully so gets his spot at #2 WR

Damn you guys need help - or a job! :)

...just a couple of more weeks now....then we can hear in-depth stories about how the stretching warm-ups went and who won the previous night's Madden Xbox game in Rudi's dorm room.

Any ways, no current defensive players make it on my list because none of them stand out yet - plus they sucked last year ultimately.

Otherwise:

#1 Carson (our savior)

#2 Chad (sidekick savior)

#3 Rudi (I just enjoy watching him prove people wrong and wear teams down with solid technique - squared shoulders, knees high, feet keep moving etc.., it's a rarity in pro sports today that players pay any attention to those things like he does, reminds me of Roger Craig and Emmitt Smith)

#4 Warrick (literally one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch)

#5 TJ (another over-achiever, can't get enough of those types on one team, and he's a good guy)

you guys kill me with all the POLLACK, THURMAN and PERRY picks. if you picked these guys as your favorite current bengals based on potential, you're probably the same people who were shouting "throw in Klingler"

Are you making fun of people picking guys on potential, when you have Robert Geathers in your top 10? Just an observation.

Chick did a piece on Perry, with an interview about the same time -- probably just before he went and made the comments you describe. I don't think the trouble is so much that he isn't recovering as quickly as hoped because of some problem or lack of desire, but because the second hernia surgery shoved the timetable back.

Ludwig stated flatly on the ESPN Radio show that the Bengals are growing increasingly frustrated due to the fact that Perry's doctors won't grade his physical conditioning at 80% or better. While he never said so in black and white terms, he certainly implied the 80% mark was being treated as some mythical line in the sand that had to be crossed before the coaches would allow Perry to begin practicing basic football moves...and even then at greatly reduced speed. And since Perry can't seem to reach the magic 80% target his rehab continues to be limited to alternating periods of weight training and rest.

Switching gears a bit, the last update I read from Hobson quoted Perry as being about 60%, an approximate figure that was likely spoon-fed to him by his doctors. In addition, Perry was said to be very worried that he wouldn't be ready to go by the target date of July 29th.

Frankly, I'll wait and see like everyone else does, but I'm not sure how anyone could read tea leaves like the above and come to the conclusion that Perry's rehab is on schedule.

you guys kill me with all the POLLACK, THURMAN and PERRY picks.  if you picked these guys as your favorite current bengals based on potential, you're probably the same people who were shouting "throw in Klingler"

Are you making fun of people picking guys on potential, when you have Robert Geathers in your top 10? Just an observation.

Geathers made some nice plays last year so we already know he has the tools to be a good NFL starter.

The guy above me answered the Robert Geathers question for me. Geathers actually played football for the bengals, and made quite an impression for only being in a few games. Yes perry had 2 plays, but for like one yard. i'm not saying he won't be good, we just don't know yet. i certainly hope he is the next big thing, but for now, perry,pollack and thurman's game play remains to be seen.

What's not to like about Jumpy Jr. ? :wacko: The guy has a knack for big guys.

Anyone who bothered to notice might have seen his athletic TD INT vs. Eagles, the perfectly timed sack/forced fumble vs. Dallas, or the tipped pass that led to an INT vs. Buffalo.

What's more, Jumpy Jr. is excellent on contain vs. outside runs. He doesn't overpursue and he keeps his feet and balance when blocked.

Plus the fact that he was early draft entry who actually did something, unlike Askew, sure makes him a candidate to be among the list of favorite Bengals.

The starting job battle between him and Big Duane this pre-season should make both of them better for the season.