Caleb Miller

Kazkal

I was just wondering what people thought of Caleb Miller?

I'm pretty sure "not-another" hates him! :lol:

Myself, just as I would on any Bengals player, I'll defer to the genuis of Marvin Lewis!

If Caleb makes the squad fine. If not, my "panties" will remain unbunched on that too.

"nods" this wasen't a homer or h8 thread,

Just was wondering peoples opinions on him when they did see him play.

GOD! This site is sooo needing a "sarcasm" smiley.

My point Kaz is that "not-another" who is an esteemed, and pretty damn HOT if I do say so myself, (can I get a Holla-Holla Hey Player! :rolleyes: ) female member who has praised the cute "boy band" (IMHO) looks of Mr. Miller.

I like Caleb Miller as a player -- he has good speed, and intelligence. He seems to lack the size that may be needed.

I believe he is still learning to play the defense and will continue to get better.

In the mean time, I believe he will be a good contributor on the Special Teams.

At the beginning of last season I thought Caleb was going to be the answer at LB. When I went to the preseason game vs. ATL I even made a "Caleb Miller Fan Club" sign. At first he was getting more playing time then Landon.

Now I view him as a serviceable backup and will be given opprotunity to be a special teams ace. That may be all he ever is. His talent level may never rise any higher than a KK...but then KK contributes a lot.

Caleb seems to be a career backup now, I was looking for more from him but he seems to lite to play LB in this leauge now. He might grow into it . Im hoping thats what Marvin was thinking. If the guy can add some of those extra pounds that some late bloomers do at his age he might be a very good player if he keeps his speed. With that being said he seems to have been a reach at where he was takenIMHO.

"nods" this wasen't a homer or h8 thread,

Just was wondering peoples opinions on him when they did see him play.

GOD! This site is sooo needing a "sarcasm" smiley.

My point Kaz is that "not-another" who is an esteemed, and pretty damn HOT if I do say so myself, (can I get a Holla-Holla Hey Player! :rolleyes: ) female member who has praised the cute "boy band" (IMHO) looks of Mr. Miller.

"sarcasm" over the internet ? no way :o!!!

sarcasm.jpg

^_^ Sorry broome it was my fault for not catching it o_O

I honestly thought he was going to be something special when i first heard about him. But i think at most he is definatly mediocre...I think he will make an excellent back up for odell though :D

Hopeful for the next Jim Leclair but thinking more along the lines of Charley Bucket with a golden ticket for a couple years.

He does like to tackle, though. We'll see how the ankles work out. Maybe he can keep his feet better and not get washed out so much if he gets a chance on D.

Otherwise, he's a fine special teamer.

He can improve his status. I think we can all agree that he is better than Adrian Ross and Canute Curtis ever was. Injuries is his biggest problem now.

Is he ahead of Webster, if Webster were healthy? Right now Wilkins and Augustin or Stevens are ahead of him cause he isn't - hasn't been on the field. He played last year after Webster got hurt, I say jury is still out.

They had the same poll- question over on Insiders and got ridiculed by Miller lovers. If speed was the most important asset, he would be there when healthy. No doubt about his speed.

Caleb Miller was hurt with a nagging injury to his ankle for most of the year. Tell me if I am wrong but I saw him listed as questionable or on the probable injury report list almost all of the last 12 games. I think that it tells alot about his character that he played hurt. I'd give him another year before judging and especially if he has put on any weight to help his durability.

My thoughts about Caleb Miller?

I'd say he reminds me of a red-haired Wali Rainer. Decide for yourself if that's a good thing. Very instinctive and can make plays if allowed to, but more raw than I expected. Seems athletically limited. Can be overpowered and as a result spends too much time on the ground. Looked a little stiff and seemed to struggle changing directions in pass coverage. Dinged?