Schedule for next year

redsfan2

Cincinnati newspaper had the scheduled opponents for next season.

At ...... New Engalnd and the Jets

Home ...... Buffalo and Miami TKO gets re acquainted w/ all his fans. can't wait.

anyway .....

At ......... Philly and Washington

Home for ......... Dallas and Giants

Also depending on the way the last games go we'll have the Broncos and the Titans either here or at their place. And of course we get the pleasure of keeping company with our divisional family twice each.

Now if the teams on that list don't get you pumped already, it may be time to get your blood pressure taken cause chances are real good you're dead.

I can't wait for TKO to come into the jungle. For Parcells to go head to head with Marvin Lewis. To see how we do against the likes of New England ..... Philly ......... Dolphins ........ Titans .... Broncos

etc. etc. etc. God this season isn't even over and I'm already itching for Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals the Sequel.

God this season isn't even over and I'm already itching for Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals the Sequel.

Let me say this...Sequels rarely eclispe the original, but I think this upcoming one will be a much better show than were enjoying presently! And it doesn't suck AT ALL! B)

God this season isn't even over and I'm already itching for Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals the Sequel.

Let me say this...Sequels rarely eclispe the original, but I think this upcoming one will be a much better show than were enjoying presently! And it doesn't suck AT ALL! B)

Didn't think of the "sequel" connotation till you mentioned it. Maybe I should have said Chapter II.

Thing is, there are some pretty good teams on the schedule, and for the Bengals to be able to live up to the expectations that they've given to everyone, they're going to have to play some pretty good games. Games to the level that we've seen only one or two of for the last couple of years are going to have to be the norm for this season. That's a lot to live up to, but I think they can do it. The one thing we haven't talked about too much is that just as the team has been geting steadily better after each game, so has Marvin Lewis and co.

Big difference in what we expect from the team too. Last year, we'd have looked at a schedule like this and said " oh god " cause you knew we wouldn't have had a chance. This year you look at it and go " allll rrrright ! " because with a few notable exceptions, they'v shown they can play with anybody in the league. Give Lewis another year, and a couple more pieces in the puzzle, and its going to be the other guys that say oh god when they see the Bengals on their schedules.

Big difference in what we expect from the team too. Last year, we'd have looked at a schedule like this and said " oh god " cause you knew we wouldn't have had a chance. This year you look at it and go " allll rrrright ! " because with a few notable exceptions, they'v shown they can play with anybody in the league.

Dead on. You can actually look at an upcoming season and expect they'll beat a few good teams, as opposed to hoping they can top the worst squads on the schedule and stay out of the No. 1 draft pick hole.

Sheesh, how long has it been since we've had a sked without the likes of the Lions, Cards, Chargers and Texans on it?

This year has shown it's tough to predict who'll be good or bad one year based on the last season (see Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Cowboys, Jets, Giants, Bucs, Raiders, etc.) but looking ahead:

w/in the division: both the Browns and Steelers will be looking to rebuild, and we've already split with the Ravens this year. I think we end up 3-3 in the division *at worst.* Hopefully, much better.

NFC East: Giants will be rebuilding, Dallas will still be rebuilding (like us) both good games to have at home. Both winnable. Philly is probably a loss, DC...hell, who knows what's going to happen there in the offseason; what a mess. 2-2 here at worst.

AFC East: Jets will have Pennington back, they'll be much improved on that alone. If we're lucky we'll get Miami in December! New England in NE....that'll be tough. Buffalo: the rematch. Probably the toughest group, home field advantage will be our biggest friend, but I'll be at that Jets game! 2-2 at best.

Broncos and Titans. I think the Titans are running out of gas, but Fischer is a good enough coach to reload on the fly. We owe Denver. 1-1 here would be my guess.

That's 8-8. (And let's face it we may be starting a rookie QB and still have plenty o' holes to fill, so that isn't as average as it looks.) Best chance to better that & reach the playoffs will be to bust some divisional skulls and go 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFCN.

Best record against that competetion may be another 9-7 year which should provide us another chance at a division crown.Completely agree with cleveland and pittsburgh rebuilding,but we have to get our talent level to that of the coaching staff's ability.Ravens are getting by with their talent.We'll see what free-agency does to them during the offseason.Pittsburgh's biggest holes will be at running back,secondary,and quarterback.Pretty huge to say at least.Cleveland will be the"get the hell out of dodge team" during free-agency,and considering they'll probably be making a coaching change ,we should expect at least 2 wins from them next year.We have the offense to play with just about anyone on the field,but we have to get stronger and younger on the o-line.We need additional picks to help get some quality talent via the draft on defense;so trading Dillon could be a very viable option.We split with baltimore?,beat dallas at home and buffalo.Go 5-1 in the division and possibly beat the Jets,then there's still a game or 2 to play with.If we get Miami in december then we should expect a 10-6 season.Next year's forecast from the psychic world. We go 8-8 with Rudi as our main back,Dillon is traded to New England for a couple of draft picks.Carson Palmer beats out a very open quarterback derby next pre-season;or takes over for a struggling and inconsistent Kitna by week 3 next year.We draft mostly defense come april and land at least one top corner in the free agent market either Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson.

Players that you won't see next year for Cincy'......Jeff Burris,Kevin Kaesviharn,Matt O'dwyer,Frank Chamberlin,Thatcher Szalay,Leyva,T.J.Houshmanzadeh,and Oliver Gibson.

We need additional picks to help get some quality talent via the draft on defense;so trading Dillon could be a very viable option.......,Dillon is traded to New England for a couple of draft picks.

I agree 100% about the need for picks, but I think you're dreaming about getting multiple draft picks for Dillon. You might get one pick and one player in need of a change in environment.

I love Rudi, but he has more trade value than Dillon. Decent running backs aren't that hard to find, but great ones are rare. I'm afraid we'll see Dillon as a Bengal next season, unless mikey is willing to take a cap hit.