Dave Miley

CBin2k7

Wait two weeks and then call Sweet Lou Piniella.

He should be fed up with the Rays by then.

B) Glad I read all the posts first ....... What he said !

Get Sweet Lou back here ... He never should've had to leave in the first place .... get him a good deal ... and don't make him pay for items he donates to charity auctions this time.

Favorite moments as Reds manager

#1 Launching 1st base as he was being ejected from a game. ( and ensuing contest at Fountain Square to see if anyone could better his distance ) :lol:

#2 Launching himself at Rob Dibble in the clubhouse. GOD I wish he'd been able to get his hands on him. :ph34r:

Leyland and Pinella are the two names Reds fans will hear for the battle for manager.

Brenly-NO, he is whipped by the Cubs right now.  He wont give up his spot in the anooucer booth

Brenly would take this job an a New York minute! I watched what Bob did out here in Arizona with the Diamondbacks, and the Reds would be fortunate to get him.

Wheather he'd put up with Carls crap is a whole 'nuther thing.

What I mean by Carls crap is a lack of owner support! Carls seems to be all about banannas, not about baseball. Real fans know the difference, and IMHO the Cincinnati Reds are nothing more to him than what some sort of "trophy wife" is to hang on his arm, and to laugh about while golfing with his chums at his exclusive country club!

I'm sorry, but he can fire all the managers in the world, but nothing will change for the once great Cincinnati Reds until he and his cronies relinquish their ownership of the Reds.

F-U Carl. Fire yourself! Oh...and here's an undeniable truth for ya fruit king:

Organizations only fail from one place: The TOP! (Hint to Carl: That's where you sit! <_< )

Get lost you necktie wearing bean counting businessman! We need a true baseball fan in your place!

Leyland and Pinella are the two names Reds fans will hear for the battle for manager.

Brenly-NO, he is whipped by the Cubs right now.  He wont give up his spot in the anooucer booth

Brenly would take this job an a New York minute! I watched what Bob did out here in Arizona with the Diamondbacks, and the Reds would be fortunate to get him.

Wheather he'd put up with Carls crap is a whole 'nuther thing.

What I mean by Carls crap is a lack of owner support! Carls seems to be all about banannas, not about baseball. Real fans know the difference, and IMHO the Cincinnati Reds are nothing more to him than what some sort of "trophy wife" is to hang on his arm, and to laugh about while golfing with his chums at his exclusive country club!

I'm sorry, but he can fire all the managers in the world, but nothing will change for the once great Cincinnati Reds until he and his cronies relinquish their ownership of the Reds.

F-U Carl. Fire yourself! Oh...and here's an undeniable truth for ya fruit king:

Organizations only fail from one place: The TOP! (Hint to Carl: That's where you sit! <_< )

Get lost you necktie wearing bean counting businessman! We need a true baseball fan in your place!

B) " and the crowd shows their pleasure by cheering wildly "

B) " and the crowd shows their pleasure by cheering wildly "

Spread the word brother! If we true Redsfans(2) don't voice our displeasure about the mediocrity (and that is being VERY generous! <_< ) of ownership which currently infests the Reds, then who will?

Miley was NOT a bad manager. Has was asked to do the impossible with nothing, and as a former US Marine, I happen to know a little bit about that sort of thing! It ain't easy without support. He had ZERO! It ain't your fault Dave.

Below Junior begins to give Miley his special "Goodbye Hug!"

30d3a_d.jpg

I am sorry I think that Miley might have been a decent manager but he was a bad leader. He couldn't motivate his players to play better. He couldn't teach them the fundamentals. The players were saying after his departure that they might have been a little better if Miley communicated better, players didn't know what lineup he was running out there from day to day. One day Randa is 4th, the next day 2nd. Lopez leads off then bats sixth. Pena from 4th to 7th. That inconsistency in his lineups and the fact that he lost his clubhouse a month ago put the writing on the wall for him.

If only John Allen were out the door next.

J.A. has gotten 2 managers, a pitching coach and a GM fired. Who's Next. He is.

I am sorry I think that Miley might have been a decent manager but he was a bad leader. He couldn't motivate his players to play better. He couldn't teach them the fundamentals. The players were saying after his departure that they might have been a little better if Miley communicated better, players didn't know what lineup he was running out there from day to day. One day Randa is 4th, the next day 2nd. Lopez leads off then bats sixth. Pena from 4th to 7th. That inconsistency in his lineups and the fact that he lost his clubhouse a month ago put the writing on the wall for him.

I hear what you're saying, and I respect your, as well as everyone elses here except bengalboomers7's opinion. Okay...I respect his too, :rolleyes::P but I totally stand by this statement:

In no way, shape, form, or liberal streaching of anyones wildest imagination are these people baseball fans. Baseball fans go out to the game, yell, cheer, scream, have a few beers and hot dogs, then cuss a little bit when their team loses.

Ask Mr. Lindner if he has EVER did anything close to this in his life. I doubt he will answer in the affirmative. Now ask yourself is this the guy you ultimately want running your beloved baseball team.

This ain't about managers. It's been far too long for that. It's about where the buck stops. IMHO that stopping point is not on the managers desk. Where is it in YOUR humble opinion?

Mike Brown finally got the point, (thank GOD!) and I got off his case, as did the now basically defunct website "mikebrownsucks.com." I'm going to contact that websites owner and suggest it's time for a name change. Say hello to "CarlLindnerSucks.com!"

If he won't do it, I'll go it myself. I'm sick of this s**t! :angry:

Yes, yes, yes. This is it. John Allen MUST go. He's so much more the problem than uncle Carl. Teams in MLB are winning with a payroll that's less than the Reds payroll. Carl's not paying big time money, but he's putting forth a semi-commendable effort. The money tossed at the players this off-season proves it. So at this point, I'm taking Carl off my list.

John Allen. His fingerprints are upon each of the failed Reds seasons for the past 5 years now. He hires unestablished cheap managers that either lived a career in the minors, or are cheap first or third base coaches with a history of being a bench coach. Nothing about ownership or Miley there.

With Carl adding his payroll, a certain GM has made horrible decisions. What about Dan O'Brien? Talks about rebuilding the minors, yet gives gobs of money to dead armed pitchers (see Milton, Weber, Weathers) -- and I would include Mercker, but he's done well for us so I'm leaving him alone. Pitchers, that sabermetrics suggests, should not be included in the "average" catagory they are so bad. Personally, I do not understand why you sign a pitcher notorious for giving up homers, to a team that plays in a park notorious for giving up homers.

I've harped on before, and I will again. What about Jim Bowden? He screwed up the foundation and future of this team when he left. He left such a disaster on our hands, we've fought and fought to find some guilt on why the Reds have no future. Well, let's start with the GM that voided pitching throughout the minors?

Carl shouldn't get the bulk of the blame. We know what and who he is and we know he's not a baseball guy. If he were, he'd cross out some of these signings and find a manager that can take this team over. If he were, we'd have a better farm system. But he's not a baseball guy, like many owners throughout MLB.

The only thing I'm getting on Carl today, is not replacing Allen. That's been the biggest problem, IMHO.

I am as much about building through the minors as anyone on here is. If that is the case the Reds are going to be a ways away from contending. There is little or no pitching at the high levels of the minors ready to make an impact.

Strike one to Jim Bowden and Dan O'Brien.

Who knows maybe we can get Luke Hudson to stay healthy and start throwing strikes. Maybe Claussen is getting a little better. And Harang can be a little more consistent. Now you just need an ace to anchor the staff. Having an ace makes everyone better.

Our ace is everyone elses #3 starter.

I can't fault Dan O'Brien completely yet because his guys, mostly draft picks, are still developing in the rookie, single-a ball leagues. There needs to be time for his legacy to develop first before we can fault him completely.

Sure, his FA choices were, lack for a better word, unadvised (my point earlier). But how could he have known Weber would get hurt, Wilson hiding his injury since the '04 all-star break, Graves just sucking as much as he did, Ortiz turning out to be a bust, or Adam Dunn being the biggest whinner on the team?

Damn, do we have problem... :lol: