Dave Miley

CBin2k7

Seeming as the inevitable is on the way and Miley is going to be fired in the next couple of weeks, who should they get in the long term to manage the ballclub?

I wouldn't mind us finding an Ozzie Guillen type of manager, someone young with that fire to light the club up when they are not getting it done.

Any suggestions.

I think with this team you have to rebuild it in order to compete long term. You have a bad mix of players, you have some keepers but then you have to find soulutons in other positions.

If that's the case, then the onus is on the front office to define that. Because right now, Dave Miley gets way too much of the blame when he's stuck with a group of hitters that are disgruntled unproductive uninspired whinny little pricks (see Adam Dunn) with ZERO pitching.

If we're going long term, and the club decides to go in that direction (how since 1999 they haven't once baffles the f**k out of me) then Dave Miley is perfect for that role. But he can't do it with this bunch; most of them have to go. (yea, Kirkendall, right, like they'll keep Miley over the players you stupid......)

Problem is, Reds gave him a few less-than-average old pitchers, a bunch of big bats (except for Randa) that produce one in every 4-5 days, a relief staff that could maybe, on a GREAT day, shutdown a Double-A team in the span of 3-4 innings, zip on speed, no fundamentally sound players, a questionable hitting coach ....... and we haven't even got to money yet!!!

This team isn't good not because they lack funds. They're not good because they lack baseball fundamentals from an overload of power bats (zero pitching a result too) -- thanks Bowdon, you prick.

What is killing me is how Bowden is getting all this credit now for the Nats success. This is the Nationals who will have no young pitching and a bunch of 5 tool outfielders at the end of next season.

You and I both know that Miley is going to become the fall guy, when this team falls about 20 games under 500 before the all star break. Change is going to be needed in order to put any fans in the stands for August and Sept. Good luck getting players to go see this team play in Sept.

As far as I am concerned here is my plan for the Reds

Find a new home for Dunn or Casey. They both can't remain. If they can trade casey then Dunn can play first. Next season between Dunn, Casey, Griffey and Milton the Reds will be on the books for almost 40 million dollars.

3.75 million for Wilson next season is ridicoulous. I don't know how you cure that.

Trade Randa now while he is sky high on value. Sure this season is over, get Encarnacion up here and get him ready for 2006.

I would like to see what Kenny Kelly has to offer, he is the speedy centerfielder the Reds have lacked since Mike Cameron left. I like Griffey but he is too big of a salary right now, I am sure if the Reds had a taker they would trade him.

Josh Hall who is 24 is really pitching well a double A, he had some flashes before when he first came up. It is time to see what you got with some of these prospects.

Everyday lineup 2006

1B Casey/Dunn

2B Freel

SS Lopez

3B Encarnacion

LF Kearns

CF Griffey/Kelly

RF Pena

C Larue

The pitching staff is something that should be too be continued

As I sit here watching yet another disaster of a Reds game I wonder, why did the Reds trade for Ramon Ortiz. He has been getting a pass, because Milton has been so bad. But Ortiz hasn't been much better. Yet another offseason mistake.

He may not make it out the first inning

Finally, it's official. Buh -Bye Donny and Davey. Now, lets get a guy that isn't just gonna sit on his ass. Guys just weren't playing for him. We need a guy with some fire under his ass. Someone that can make a guy play hard just because their pissed off. I'm happy for the move, buts it who they'll hire that I'm more interested in. What do you wanna bet it's someone already affiliated with the organization.

Sorry, but I'm going to critique your list.

Tona Pena just got fired from the Royals. What could he do here?

Sweet Lou is at home in Tampa and makes god loads of money -- Linder pay? I think not.

Grady Little. Humm, good one.

Buddy Bell is managing the Royals.

Jack McKean ain't going anywhere. And if he does, I'll do a Pete Rose and bet he's retiring.

Don Baylor has no reason to come to Cincy.

Here's a few I have:

Barry Larkin (Lance suggestion)

Bobby Valentine

Bob Brenley

Jim Leyland (Lance suggestion)

Interesting you bring up Bob Brenly. He did take Arizona to a title before ownership ran out of patience with him. It seems like every manager in baseball has been fired at least once.

Jim Leyland is too old to come into a rebuilding situation.

we have had so many chances to hire Buddy Bell and we just haven't done it.

At this point I don't know who to go get.