Blue and red chippers

Spain

Every year I post this post on another site, but since Ive changed sites here you go. Coaches like to break players into groups as Blue Chippers wich are probowl level performers and red chippers which are solid starters. How do you see it Bengaldom?

Blue

Palmer

Steinbach

Willie

Levi(are you suprised?)

CJ

Red chip

Simmons

Deltha

Geathers

M. Williams

Ratlif

J Smith

Rudi

OF the red chippers M: Williams and Geathers have a stronp posibility of them changing. I also think that J smith and Rudi are maxedIMHO

What do you guys think?

Deltha and Rudi have already been to Pro-Bowls before, why wouldn't they be listed under the Blue heading? Rudi is just getting ready to head into his best years (probably more Pro-Bowls in his future) and Deltha looks like he's ready to return to the performance level that sent him to the Pro-Bowl while he was with Denver.

I believe Steinbach and Levi are getting better, but I think it's too soon to put them with your Blue guys. And with Geathers only going into his second year, I think he would first have to establish himself as a red-chipper before he can be considered a Pro-Bowl type player.

Rudi really backed into that ProBowl, and Deltha is a few years removed from the Pro Bowl. I think Justin has to have someone on this roster really push him to get the best out of him. I think that Pollack could be the type to help motivate this guy.

I read lots of stories about Justin's off-the-field behavior that really was not part of who he was while he was in Columbia. While it's perhaps easy to overstate how much of a leader that a rookie can be, I think Pollack can possibly be the one to help him get his head screwed on straight.

INMHO Rudi is nothing more than a work horse. He is all O line. Last year he had a low average for carry. When the line was banged up and JJ was too fat to lead block on the power O. This year he will probably go to the prowbowl but will he deserve it?

Deltha is looking good but Im waiting and seeing.

J smith could have a probowl year if he rushes opposite Pollak. If J smith goes to right on the 3rd down nickel package and Pollak on the left it will take the double off of Justin just like Retard Wilson did his first year.

Pollak , He could be solid on the Pass rush ( If reatrd can get 8 sacks across from Justin what will he get?)

Geathers could take a hit here in the scheme , He might move inside on the Nikel so he might have a great year and not get the sacks that he would get if he was on the right in the nikel.

Tory IMHO is overratted, he has good hands but his coverage isnt probowl its just the leauge only places importance on ther INT.

IMHO

I like the list. Deltha is definitely not blue chip. He went to the pro Bolw b/c he was a good return game and the Broncos are one of those overhyped teams who consistently send guys to the Pro Bowl who are undeserving. Ravens are as well. I mean Billick must be a terrible coach if he can't win a SB every year w/ all that "talent".

Tj is a red posibilty I would agree however IMHO I think TJ is Brandon Stokely he can beat single coverage but he is not chad. He benefits from chad and Palmer. So yeah he might be a red he is a solid starter. You convinced me I would rate him as a solid starter.

I like the list. Deltha is definitely not blue chip. He went to the pro Bolw b/c he was a good return game and the Broncos are one of those overhyped teams who consistently send guys to the Pro Bowl who are undeserving. Ravens are as well. I mean Billick must be a terrible coach if he can't win a SB every year w/ all that "talent".

Actually, Deltha went to the Pro Bowl in 2001, because he led the league with 9 interceptions that year. He started at CB for the AFC and did not return any punts.

thorton is a red tory is blue rudi is definitly blue

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tj is red

hahaha the ignorance of some bengal fans is too funny

Blue: Chad and Willie

THATS IT

Red: Madieu (could be higher in a couple years), Palmer (could end up higher), Simmons, Tory James (i doubt hes this next year tho), Steinbach, Levi, Bobbie Williams, maybe TJ, probly not though

This is Carson's year.

BLUE: Carson, Willie, CJ

PURPLE (I'm cheating): Rudi

RED: Warrick, Steinbach, Levi, Madieu, Pollack, Odell

I think the other defenders you guys are listing (Tory, Deltha, Ratliff, Geathers, Simmons) are good, not great, role players more than anything. As a unit, I would rank them as red, but individually, I don't think they'd get much attention on the open market if they were cut right now. They'd get jobs, but they wouldn't be making the sports pages in cities other than Cincinnati.

thorton is a red tory is blue rudi is definitly blue

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tj is red

hahaha the ignorance of some bengal fans is too funny

Blue: Chad and Willie

THATS IT

Red: Madieu (could be higher in a couple years), Palmer (could end up higher), Simmons, Tory James (i doubt hes this next year tho), Steinbach, Levi, Bobbie Williams, maybe TJ, probly not though

Who invited you to this party anyway?

Your Patriots and precious Dillion arent gonna cut it next year, I promise you.

Who-Dey :player:

why does no one consider rudi a blue?

because he isnt one, he only made the pro bowl last year because no one else wanted to go, he cant do anything on his own, hes a product of a good offensive line, and 360 something carries.

I'll take into account you wrote that post at 1:30 on a Sat morning so you probably had too many strawberry daiquiris or cosmopolitans or whatever when you typed it, but are you really dense enough to think Rudi Johnson would go to a Pro Bowl because no one else WANTED to go? Yeah, you're right, good point. A week in Hawaii in February isn't for everyone; it takes a special person to endure the type of hardship that's associated with being in the Pro Bowl. Someone like Corey Dill- wait a minute, he failed his year-end physical, that's right. Well, that and he didn't want to play. He had already been to there before. Anymore than three Pro-Bowls and I'm sure it just gets to be a hassle, right? I'd like to see the players who were invited but declined for no other reason than "I don't want to." Then I'll show you about 1500 other NFL players who would give their left nut to just be an injury replacement.

I like Rudi, but let's be real --- he was a backup selection to the Pro Bowl. Still an accomplishment, he's still a great RB and team player, but it's not the same. Next year, however, when the team is taking 14 point leads into the second half and ML wants to be conservative, he'll be the Man and people will notice. I think of that last run that he made against the Chiefs two years ago, that really put the last nail in the coffin. He's going to be doing that frequently next year, and he'll get his due.

Next year, however, when the team is taking 14 point leads into the second half and ML wants to be conservative, he'll be the Man and people will notice.

I disagree, this will be the year Chris Perry takes over and shows you guys what a real RB looks like. Something we havent had since #28 left us.

Next year, however, when the team is taking 14 point leads into the second half and ML wants to be conservative, he'll be the Man and people will notice.

I disagree, this will be the year Chris Perry takes over and shows you guys what a real RB looks like. Something we havent had since #28 left us.

DPM...it gets old after awhile. In order to keep pushing that particular agenda, you have to completely ignore that Rudi bettered Dillon's best ever Cincy effort with his first full time gig last year.

Whatever else Rudi is, he does not suck.

Your weird anger toward Rudi and unabashed man-love for Dillon clouds whatever other points you try and make.

DPM...it gets old after awhile. In order to keep pushing that particular agenda, you have to completely ignore that Rudi bettered Dillon's best ever Cincy effort with his first full time gig last year.

Your weird anger toward Rudi and unabashed man-love for Dillon clouds whatever other points you try and make.

4.1 yards a carry does not get it done. 5 of 16 games rudi had higher than 4.0 avg per carry, 11 of those games he had less than 4 yards a carry. if u think theres no room for improvement whether its perry or rudi stepping up, then....

Rudi's a great back, and it's been fun to watch him develop. In '03 he had Corey to spell him and a healthy/in-shape Jeremi Johnson in front of him.

If Perry doesn't miss all of training camp and can actually get on the field and stay healthy he'll help Rudi's #'s, even with less carries, hopefully. No way Perry can be in football shape with a year off and not even running at full speed since last October - it's going to take him a while.

Rudi's YPC #'s were lower this past season because of the above and the fact they faced 9 top 10 defenses. Everything is relative, and simple math tells you the more times you carry the more likely your average is to drop.

If you finish #6 in rushing and break Dillon's season Bengals record then you are a "blue chip player." Anyone who says he isn't is just biased and being silly.

Good Point Shula ,Perry wont be ready. I imagine Rudis ypc could go up alot. The real ? is ? Is Can Rudi be a deal sealer like Bettis or Alstot. Then I ask myself when JJ was thin and Steinbach pulling, willie coming off the line seal blocking, then you put a JJ blocking in front of them. Its about unstopable. This guy is going to have a monster year but he is a work horse and nothing more. This is also a good thing I remeber Ottis Anderson just hitting teams for 3 yards a pop till they wore down and he never could take it the distanceIMHO He has a ring.

Rudi's a great back, and it's been fun to watch him develop. In '03 he had Corey to spell him and a healthy/in-shape Jeremi Johnson in front of him.

If Perry doesn't miss all of training camp and can actually get on the field and stay healthy he'll help Rudi's #'s, even with less carries, hopefully. No way Perry can be in football shape with a year off and not even running at full speed since last October - it's going to take him a while.

Rudi's YPC #'s were lower this past season because of the above and the fact they faced 9 top 10 defenses. Everything is relative, and simple math tells you the more times you carry the more likely your average is to drop.

If you finish #6 in rushing and break Dillon's season Bengals record then you are a "blue chip player." Anyone who says he isn't is just biased and being silly.

look at his stats...rudi had good ypc vs the better defenses, once vs pitt, wash, buff. but he had bad ones vs cle etc. so stop using crutches. rudi needs to improve.

4.1 yards a carry does not get it done. 5 of 16 games rudi had higher than 4.0 avg per carry, 11 of those games he had less than 4 yards a carry. if u think theres no room for improvement whether its perry or rudi stepping up, then....

WHERE exactly did I say there is NO room for improvement from Rudi? Please do not read more into what I wrote than is there.

i simply pointed out, for the one millionth time to DPM (and perhaps to you) that Rudi did NOT suck last year, and, if fact, was pretty damn good. Sure, he can be better, most players can, but to go on hating on him is to ignore what he accomplished, which is just wilfully stupid and ignorant.