Is there going to be an ESPN 2k6?

NJ29

I didn't know if EA's complete licensing by the NFL meant that ESPN would stop being produced. I think that I'm going to try ESPN this year instead of Madden, I like the price better and I think that the game will be better.

Kazkal, can you answer my questions? Not only onthe future of the game, but it's quality.

You might see a espn 2k6 football though

Having the Tigers with star players Cardon Palner,Chaz jonson and tjzouchzonmada :P

Also featuring other teams like the pirates,Hawks and the lighting bolts :P...I'm really rather pissed about EA getting all rights :( I really loved espn football madden just doesn't cut it for me.

I've never played ESPN 2kanything, but it seems we all need to get used to the NFL, and all sports selling their exclusive rights.

I've called Dish Network doing my best to get Cincy games here in the armpit of America (Indiana), and even was willing to change my local channels to Cincinnati, but no luck. Directv has all the NFL rights, so if it's not showing in my area, I got nothing. Sucks, doesn't it?

I'm really pissed about EA getting the exclusive license too. I always bought Madden until last year, I bought 2k5 first and liked it much better than Madden. Oh well, I'll still buy Madden anyway.

NCAA Football comes out in 30 days :D:D

A ? here I never pay for games,I have a chip in my play station that I can run the pirate version. It cost 150 euros but well worth the cost. are you guys still paying for this stuff?

Yeah, I pay for games, as one of my best friends is a computer programmer, and I know how rough that it was when he got laid off a few years ago.

A ? here I never pay for games,I have a chip in my play station that I can run the pirate version. It cost 150 euros but well worth the cost. are you guys still paying for this stuff?

Yet another reason for me to dislike you. Not only are you incapable of putting intelligent thought to the page, you are a thief. Stealing games puts people out of work.

First of all Im sorry if someone lost their jobs because people pirate games. However it is realy the compànies that have been overcharging us for their products for years. It cost about 10 cents are something not quite sure to make these games and they sell them for 53 dollars a pop. Why dont they sell the games at a better price and maybe people wont pirate them. I dont know about the US but people in the EU dont go to jail for such minor things. s**t I have my balcony full of kentuky blue bird Marijauna plants and its not illegal. The judicial system in the US is rough but going to jail for pirating damn thats strict.IMHO

First of all Im sorry if someone lost their jobs because people pirate games. However it is realy the compànies that have been overcharging us for their products for years. It cost about 10 cents are something not quite sure to make these games and they sell them for 53 dollars a pop. Why dont they sell the games at a better price and maybe people wont pirate them. I dont know about the US but people in the EU dont go to jail for such minor things. s**t I have my balcony full of kentuky blue bird Marijauna plants and its not illegal. The judicial system in the US is rough but going to jail for pirating damn thats strict.IMHO

Ever tried to design a game? Or do any computer programming? If you think that it costs only $0.10 to provide you with a video game....

Who programmed the code?

Who worked on the motion capture to make the game more realistic?

Who provided the audio commentary?

Who did the music for the game?

Who photographed the athletes to be on the cover?

Who printed the cover?

Who printed the design on the disc itself?

Who worked on the ad campaign to market the game so that they could sell the thing?

Who drove the truck so that the games could be in the stores?

Who piloted the ships or planes that brought them to your country?

That breaks down to 10 cents, I am certain.

Don't be so cavalier when talking about doing something that is just wrong. If I break into BMW's HQ and steal this year's car, I don't think that the authorities want to hear, "But they just cost too much!"

Keep lighting it up there. You'll be a little easier for Interpol to catch up with.

I am not a fan of pirating games or mod'ing my console - just not that cheap and don't buy enough games these days any ways to even care. I work in IT and appreciate what developer's do and want to support the gaming industry here in the U.S. as it helps our economy - which needs it. It's why I won't shop at Wal-Mart with their Chinese goods that come from a country which doesn't recognize intellectual property or copyrights. People who shop and work there are helping the Chinese economy much more than they are helping Americans.

Any ways a lot of people were really bummed about the ESPN franchise dying a quick death - it was superior in almost every way IMHO to Madden last year finally and for the first time in a decade I didn't buy a Madden game.

Guess I'll have to get used to Madden again though it's all we'll get, but if it's a crappy product then I just won't buy it and will find a way to update my ESPN rosters accordingly somehow, or do it myself if it's that bad.

I am sick of Madden's pathetic commentary and the bland presentation and style of that franchise - ho hum.

I liked the ESPN game, but some of the bugs drove me crazy. In franchise mode, it automatically put my backups in the game, meaning at the start of every game I had to pause and change my roster.

The lack of competition is going to keep Madden from improving its game much year after year, but it's still a classic game and I'll probably buy it every couple of years if not every year.

I liked the ESPN game, but some of the bugs drove me crazy. In franchise mode, it automatically put my backups in the game, meaning at the start of every game I had to pause and change my roster.

The lack of competition is going to keep Madden from improving its game much year after year, but it's still a classic game and I'll probably buy it every couple of years if not every year.

You just need to learn to play the game. You can set your starting lineup before you start a game, you can set it to constantly sub in fresh players or play with tired players. Hell, if you don't want realism, you can play it without your players ever getting tired.

I have no intention of ever buying a Madden game. I'd rather play my older ESPN game and create custom free agents for each time to update the rosters on my own than let EA have my business. In fact, I have sent them a letter stating I won't be buying ANY of their products because of their latest moves.

Having a monopoly on a product raises the prices they will charge, and lowers the development of new technology. Besides, they are heading in the wrong direction in my opinion. I think the "hit stick" was the dumbest thing ever to cross a console.

Besides, John Madden drives me freaking nuts.

To be sure, I was disappointed by the death of the ESPN games, as it's nice to see competition, and as one of the other folks had mentioned, cheap games. ;) Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy paying a lot of money, but I also don't enjoy begrudging someone what they worked to get.

I was a little concerned with the fact that *ESPN* had been making games, as it seems that might present a conflict of interest when it comes to reporting the news. It would be like if the CNN bought the rights to Battlefront: Iraq. Sort of.

I liked the ESPN game, but some of the bugs drove me crazy.  In franchise mode, it automatically put my backups in the game, meaning at the start of every game I had to pause and change my roster.

You just need to learn to play the game. You can set your starting lineup before you start a game, you can set it to constantly sub in fresh players or play with tired players. Hell, if you don't want realism, you can play it without your players ever getting tired.

I have no intention of ever buying a Madden game. I'd rather play my older ESPN game and create custom free agents for each time to update the rosters on my own than let EA have my business. In fact, I have sent them a letter stating I won't be buying ANY of their products because of their latest moves.

Having a monopoly on a product raises the prices they will charge, and lowers the development of new technology. Besides, they are heading in the wrong direction in my opinion. I think the "hit stick" was the dumbest thing ever to cross a console.

Besides, John Madden drives me freaking nuts.

From what I heard NFL :( was the one who suggested it to EA >_< though it makes me mad because I loved espn football(besides LB being broken to QB sneaks and people abusing that)

People who shop and work there (Wal-mart) are helping the Chinese economy much more than they are helping Americans.

Yes, I'm sure that is true, since Wal-mart is the second largest employer for the United states, next to the U.S. Government.

I have no doubt that you know what you are talking about when it comes to Wal-mart's use of Chinese goods, but to assume that shopping there is not good for America's economy is just plain silly...

Wait a minute... this is supposed to be a Bengals forum. Someone shut me and everyone else on this thread for that matter, or at least move this thread elsewhere!

P.S. I was all in favor of defending Spain against everyone's ridicule of him, until he started calling us dumb for not stealing. Who cares about the severity of the punishment. It's called ethics.