NFL Radio on Sirius

Ox

Dunno if any of you all get Sirius or listen to the NFL channel, but I seem to keep it locked on there all day long. Sometimes I call in, but mostly I have to come off lunch and wind up hanging up before I get on air. Today I actually got on the air at about 11:56am, though. I asked how they thought the Beng's were gonna do vs. their schedule this year. This is what Tim Ryan and his co-host thought in the 3 minutes they had to comment;

at Cleveland W

Sun. Sept. 11, 1:00 p.m.

MINNESOTA L

Sun. Sept. 18, 1:00 p.m.

at Chicago W

Sun. Sept. 25, 1:00 p.m.

HOUSTON W

Sun. Oct. 2, 1:00 p.m.

at Jacksonville L

Sun. Oct. 9, 8:30 p.m.

at Tennessee W

Sun. Oct. 16, 1:00 p.m.

PITTSBURGH L

Sun. Oct. 23, 1:00 p.m.

GREEN BAY L

Sun. Oct. 30, 1:00 p.m.

at Baltimore L

Sun. Nov. 6, 1:00 p.m.

---BYE WEEK---

Sun. Nov. 13

INDIANAPOLIS L

Sun. Nov. 20, 1:00 p.m.

BALTIMORE W

Sun. Nov. 27, 1:00 p.m.

at Pittsburgh W

Sun. Dec. 4, 1:00 p.m.

CLEVELAND W

Sun. Dec. 11, 1:00 p.m.

at Detroit W

Sun. Dec. 18, 4:05 p.m.

BUFFALO W

Sat. Dec. 24, 1:00 p.m.

at Kansas City L

Sun. Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m.

Basically they think we will go 9-7, and said realistically Cinci is maybe 1 game better this year than last.

It makes me feel good to know that I will be very disappointed if we have ONLY a 9-7 season, seeing how we haven't had a winning season since I was 12. Still I think that might be a bit pessimistic. I am thinking more 10-6 with us taking the Green Bay game.

I think we beat GB. Farve is old and the rest of the teams isn't that good. Green is good, but not a great defense. Now that Sharper is gone they are even worse. KGB is also good, but they don't have the players to slow down the Bengals offense. I also think KC is also overrated. They have the Peoples Choice, but that guy is stinks along with the rest of the WR. corp. I think the Bengals take both of those games and will be 11-5.

We beat GB and Pitt at home, hell we had them on the ropes last year and gave it away - we have gotten better and I dont think they have. I think they are in for a rude awakening this year, EVERYONE will be gunning for them.

And I still dont get everyone's love for JAX. Taylor may be done and Leftwich, well, I just dont see the fascination. I still say 11-5.

We beat GB and Pitt at home, hell we had them on the ropes last year and gave it away - we have gotten better and I dont think they have. I think they are in for a rude awakening this year, EVERYONE will be gunning for them.

And I still dont get everyone's love for JAX. Taylor may be done and Leftwich, well, I just dont see the fascination. I still say 11-5.

I agree bro. I think we are def a better team than 9-7. I tried to get more in depth but I had like 20 seconds to spit out my question since I was at the end of the hour. The media still is hesitant to give Cinci love, and honestly, I don't blame them. They will have no choice, though when the team finishes 11-5 this year.

I agree bro. I think we are def a better team than 9-7. I tried to get more in depth but I had like 20 seconds to spit out my question since I was at the end of the hour. The media still is hesitant to give Cinci love, and honestly, I don't blame them. They will have no choice, though when the team finishes 11-5 this year.

Plus, they had what 3 minutes to give an answer. If they would look and see how well we do at home I think that they would change their answer a bit. I'm in agreement with you guys and am not sold on Minnesota (who is their running back?) and Green Bay is a much weaker team than they used to be from what I can tell.

Overall, I think that a 10-6 record sounds about right. For the rest of the uninformed fans and press, an 8-8 or 9-7 prediction is all we're going to get.

I think that somebody said it best last week that the difference this year is that we're going to see all the hard work pay off from the talent on this team WORKING HARD...in years past it was a talent rich team that just HOPED to win. Big difference.

Hell, I'd take the opinion of about half the fans in this city than listen to the opinion of some dude who has to cover all 32 teams.

During the “Bad Old Days” from 1992 – 2002, it got so bad that predictions for wins revolved around ‘Trap Games’ – catching opponents who were coming off a tough Monday night game or looking forward to a big game the next week. Being a little bored this morning, I decided to apply the same logic for the 2005 season. Here goes:

DATE Opponent Prior Week Following Week NOTES

11-Sep at Cleveland /Prior wk: preseason /Next wk:Green Bay NOTES:shouldn't matter, they'll be tough but confused

18-Sep Minnesota /Prior wk: Tampa Bay /Next wk:New Orleans NOTES:sandwiched by 'easy' NFC home games

25-Sep at Chicago /Prior wk: Detroit /Next wk:BYE NOTES:after probable home loss, going into bye

2-Oct Houston /Prior wk: BYE /Next wk:Tennessee NOTES:after a bye, prior to 'easy' home game

9-Oct at Jacksonville /Prior wk: Denver /Next wk:at Pittsburgh NOTES:2nd home game in a row, this one in front of ESPN Sun nite

16-Oct at Tennessee /Prior wk: at Houston /Next wk:at Arizona NOTES:off of probable loss, might be a 'must' win

23-Oct Pittsburgh /Prior wk: Jacksonville /Next wk:Baltimore NOTES:hopefully, looking forward to BAL Mon Nite

30-Oct Green Bay /Prior wk: at Minnesota /Next wk:Pittsburgh NOTES:Coming off big game against the Vikings

6-Nov at Baltimore /Prior wk:at Pittsburgh /Next wk:at Jacksonville NOTES:Either very high or very angry after MNF Steelers game

Week 10 BYE

20-Nov Indianapolis /Prior wk: Houston /Next wk:Pittsburgh NOTES:Will beat Texans, 1st of two tough AFCN games

27-Nov Baltimore /Prior wk: Pittsburgh /Next wk:Houston NOTES:2nd time we follow Steelers vs. Ravens

4-Dec at Pittsburgh /Prior wk:at Indianapolis /Next wk:Chicago off of probable loss at Indy - Cowpie will have'em fired up

11-Dec Cleveland /Prior wk: Jacksonville /Next wk:at Oakland NOTES:Crennel will have the turds playing tough for next years jobs

18-Dec at Detroit /Prior wk:at Green Bay /Next wk:New Orleans NOTES:coming off frozen tundra at GB Sun nite

24-Dec Buffalo /Prior wk: Denver /Next wk:at N Y Jets NOTES:Merry Christmas - all 3 tough games, DEN Sun nite

1-Jan at Kansas City /Prior wk: San Diego /Next wk: playoffs? NOTES:2nd home game, will be in contention with "W" vs. Bolts

Seems like a wash – not a lot of away games for our opponents – what do y’all think?

I see us winning both the Minnesota game, and the Green Bay game, but we will most likely lose a game we shouldn't (probably to Cleveland). So all in all I see us going 10-6. 11-5 is a bit optimistic for a team that is having trouble getting over the 8 win hump.

Other than that, I don't disagree with the Sirius guy on too much.

The only reason we went 8-8 last year is because we were in a QB transition. We were only a few plays away from being 10-6 last year or even 11-5. I know that we didn't make it to 10-6 or 11-5 last year, but Carson also won't make silly interceptions or fumble in the redzone like he did last year due to being a first year starter. And if I recall last year we had the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL. This years schedule I would say is closer to the middle of the pack. With a defense that is hopefully starting to gel, the Bengals will be a serious contender to take the AFCN.

The only reason we went 8-8 last year is because we were in a QB transition. We were only a few plays away from being 10-6 last year or even 11-5. I know that we didn't make it to 10-6 or 11-5 last year, but Carson also won't make silly interceptions or fumble in the redzone like he did last year due to being a first year starter. And if I recall last year we had the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL. This years schedule I would say is closer to the middle of the pack. With a defense that is hopefully starting to gel, the Bengals will be a serious contender to take the AFCN.

All good points, and those are all reasons we are hopeful for the playoffs this year. But 6 good games from Palmer aren't enough to prove to me that he is done making stupid mistakes. I believe that we will be really good this year, and Carson lost a couple of games singlehandedly last year (which will hopefully be the last of them)... but if our defense plays like we did last year, we are not an 11 win team. We have reason to be hopeful for better play on defense, but no real proof yet.

The over/under on the Bengals line in Vegas right now is at 8, and I think it is a safe bet to place some cash on the over side of that, but I'm not putting my mortgage down... there's just too many unknowns. That's why Vegas has us at 8, not 10. It has nothing to do with lack of respect, but lack of any real proof that we can post a winning season.

I'm not being pessimistic. If I was forced to bet, I'd say he Bengals will win 10... maybe more, but I'm choosing not to make that bet, because it's probably more with my heart than my head.... I thought we could make the playoffs last year too.

I'm not trying to sound like a homer, but even CP said in the interview on the NFL network that towards the end of the season defenses started slowing down for him and he was able to create plays. Also this is for the most part a defense in the third year of this system, and with Bresnahan and ML on the same page as far as defenses schemes, they won't have the debacle like Frazier and ML did last year. Another thing that would help our defense would be less injured players throughout the season. I know every team has their injuries, but we had them in key positions forcing our rookies to take on bigger shoes than what they could fill and frankly I think they did a pretty good job considering.

I think I only saw it mentioned once (a little) by derekshank and have to disagree with the only reason we were 8-8 is because of QB transition, but our run defense F**KING SUCKED and still does until proven otherwise (on the field not paper). You can say what you want about new a QB and tough schedules (which are true), but if our run-D was worth a d**n last year, we would have made the playoffs. Until Bres and ML put a run stuffing D on the field, we'll put up 35 each game and freaking lose. I have said it before and will say it again... If we can't stop the run, be prepared to see more shootouts like last years Cleveland game. If we do stop the run I look at 10-6 and 11-5 being a "possibility" :) , but if not, as much as I hate to say it, we might look at 8-8 or 9-7 at best :angry: . We drafted good and think things will improve, but proof is in the play, not the practice. I'm hoping for good things though !!! :player:

WHODEY !!!