Let's Think about the draft Picks

NJ29

Alright, when we watched our draft picks in highlights and mini camp videos, what impresssions do you get? What do you think are the best case scenarios that they could become? Put it in here. If you disagree with my opinions, or think that there is a more fitting comparison, let me and the rest of the board know. Her's my take:

Best Case Scenario

David Pollack - I think that the best case scenario of David Pollack is that he turns into a leader and athlete who makes plays all over the field. We need somebody who is tough, smart and has a Marvin attitude. If he can shed a few pounds and improve in coveragge, he could be a timely playmaker.

NFL Compaison - - - Tedy Bruschi

Odell Thurman - Odell is quick, strong, and really tough against the run. Even though he is a little on the small side in terms of weight, he is a freaking machine against the run. He is a hitter at middle linebacker, which is just what we need. If he can beat out Landno AJohnson, he can meet the comparison that has been given to him since draft day.

NFL Comparison - - - Takeo Spikes

Chris Henry - Henry is big, fast, and has great hands. Chad has taken him under his wing and maybe Chad can teach him what made himself a great NFL wideout. He has the skills, and he reminds a lot of people of his tutor.

NFL Comparison - - - Chad Johnson

Eric Ghiaciuc - The Bengals coaching staff has raved about this guy, as has the Sporting News. He is quick and smart, and some people think that he will take over when Rich Braham retires. The staff sees the incumbent in Ghiaciuc. Once again, the pick compares to his tutor.

NFL Comparison - - - Rich Braham

Adam Kieft - He is massive. Period. At times in his college career, this tree of a human being was dominate. If the staff can harness that and mak him consistent, he can be a solid tackle, just like a former middle round pick from the Jets.

NFL Comparison - - - Jason Fabini

Tab Perry - After watching the first mini camp video, I noticed two things. This guy is big, and this guy is quick. Immeadiately while watching the cone drills, you notice, Number 12 ihas the quickest feet out there. He could immeadiately contribute on special teams, and as a kick returner, with his size and quickness.

NFL Comparison - - - Tyrone Calico

Jonathon Fanene - Okay, he;s a seventh round tweener who is destined for special teams. However, if he can improve his strength, he can become a classic special teams warrior who can wreak havoc on kick teams.

NFL Comparison - - - Aaron Kampman

Man, I'm tired of typing. I'll post the worst case scenarios tommorow.

:player:

While we're dreamin'

BEST CASE SCENARIO

David Pollack – He retains his weight, his quickness, his intelligence, and his heart. He adds strength and hunger.

NFL Compaison - - - Lawrence Taylor

Odell Thurman – An assassin. Retains quickness at 245 low-centered pounds.

NFL Comparison - - - Ray Lewis

Chris Henry – Not very bright, with a bad attitude. Great tools.

NFL Comparison - - - Randy Moss

Eric Ghiaciuc – Very bright, with a lot of desire and untapped potential.

NFL Comparison - - - Clay Mathews________________________________________________________________________

Adam Kieft – A little out of his element . . . does not have the quickness (yet) to block NFL players unless they initiate contact.

NFL Comparison - - - Tra Thomas

Tab Perry – A truly huge WR who moves best straight ahead.

NFL Comparison - - - David Boston

Jonathon Fanene – While we’re dreamin’ . . . he develops QUICKNESS

NFL Comparison - - - Patrick Kerney

Tab Perry looks good running the crossing routes, breaking tackles and stiff arming potential tacklers.

I've been impressed by his capability.

Henry looks like a taller CJ -- oh wouldn't that be nice B)

Pollack will be the pass rushing OLB in the mold of Green, Steelers and Boulware, Ravens.

I too think Tab Perry could develope into something special....He's very quick for his size...I like the fact that he actually enjoys running routes over the middle and holding on to the ball after the catch...

He may be more than just a kick returner before the season is over...Id like to see him get some time in the slot....

Personally, I'd rather see...

David Pollack - Compared to himself! Yes, that's right, let him be himself and not be compared to others. Let others be compared to him.

Odell Thurman - Stout tough inside linebacker, compares to *HIMSELF*

Chris Henry - A taller Chad Johnson, who others will be compared to.

Tab Perry - Could be special, could be special ed, but lets compare him to HIMSELF...

Get the picture?

Personally, I'd rather see...

David Pollack - Compared to himself! Yes, that's right, let him be himself and not be compared to others. Let others be compared to him.

Odell Thurman - Stout tough inside linebacker, compares to *HIMSELF*

Chris Henry - A taller Chad Johnson, who others will be compared to.

Tab Perry - Could be special, could be special ed, but lets compare him to HIMSELF...

Get the picture?

Uhm...... :unsure:

That they want to make a name for themselves?

"I gotta be me, babe"

Sammy Davis, Jr.

Jonathon Fanene could be a sleeper he diden't go to the columbine and went to a small school so only time will tell.

Yeah, Utah's a real small school.

Here's a bit of trivia for you guys:

If Andrew Bogut is the Overall #1 Draft Pick in the NBA Draft, will this be the first time that the same school has produced two Number One draft picks in two different sports in the same year? :blink:

I'm not saying that I think that were going to the Super Bowl. I considre my self a realist, and I honestly don't expect us to go to the superbowl this year. I just think that in the best case scenario, these guys could develope to these players. You don't see Tedy Bruschi in David Pollack? Anyway, I never got a chance to post my worst case scenario, but that had Pollack comparing to Reinard Wilson. You just never know what's gonna happen.

Here's a bit of trivia for you guys:

If Andrew Bogut is the Overall #1 Draft Pick in the NBA Draft, will this be the first time that the same school has produced two Number One draft picks in two different sports in the same year? :blink:

So any of youse guys gonna answer my trivia question or what?

QUOTE (jditty47 @ May 29 2005, 02:53 PM)

ill go with yes...wasnt that ? on sportscenter?

(shrugs)

I don't have cable anymore.

Well that sucks.

(shrugs)

Well that sucks.

Yizzir.

But the more you go without it, you realize its not that bad.

I only watched about 10 channels anyway.

I just play more PS2 and surf the internet.

Had an interesting thought...if Kieft and Andrews are starting linemen (in a few years), then ML seems to like the tackles to be really big boys...but I guess thats not that different from Willie, and he likes his centers really smart...even though Braham doesn't look like a mountain of intelligence, that's not what those who play around him say. Have you seen this guys head? It looks like it would squeeze perfectly into a 5 gallon bucket...of course Ghiachec doesn't look like a mountain of brains either...lets just hope with him too looks are deceiving.

(shrugs)

Well that sucks.

Yizzir.

But the more you go without it, you realize its not that bad.

I only watched about 10 channels anyway.

I just play more PS2 and surf the internet.

i need basic cable at the minimum.

Ghiachec doesn't look like a mountain of of brains either...lets just hope with him too looks are deceiving.

GhiaCiuc had a 24 on the Wonderlic -- which means he's no dummy. Pollack had a 30. BTW Wilkerson had a 25.

All this means to me is that we have Centers that enough smarts to understand what is going on and make the line adjustments.

Actually, I thought it was reported that Guy-check got a 34 on his Wonderlic, and his smarts is part of what drew them to him.

My source is the NFLdraftscout.com.

Someone may have confused "Guy Check" with Adam Kieft -- Kieft did have score a 34.