Hey Josh! Your boy got his 1st win!

BengalszoneBilly

I honestly thought that it wouldn't take this long, but that's irrelevent now! He deserved to win a few before this, but it just didn't work out that way. Tonight it did! Congrats to Kasey! BTW, it's the 1st win for the new Dodge Charger. About time they broke up the Ford/Chevy streak of winners.

Yea man, it's awesome he won. Now expect him to knock off a lot of wins. BTW, not to put a damper on his win, but Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch (was a lap down until the final laps) were all out early in the race; so I'm sure that helped. But it was only a matter of time before he won.

Do you think he's a future champion? I do.

It's about time some life is brought back to the nascar board!

I don't know about you guys, but I always thought it seemed like his team was holding him back all this time. A more experienced race team would have tweaked Kahne's car just a little bit differently, which could have put him out in front instead of 2nd so many times. I guess I'm not blaming his team, just putting the thought out there.

And to your question...not only will he be a champ, but I can see possibly 2 or 3 over his career.

Yes, we need to get the NASCAR forum going again. A couple of thoughts.

Oh heck no, this isn't a Kahne championship season. I think it's between Hendricks and Roush (notably, Gordon, Johnson, Busch, and Biffle). I'm pulling for the Bif myself.

I think a lot of Kahne's failures are just from inexperience. Everham has said Kahne is vastly ahead of Gordon when he was at his age. But I do think Everham needs to expand another Cup and Busch car to compete with Roush and Hendricks. Especially with the Charger and the need for a R&D program.

Hendricks definitely has the engines, but I think Roush has the better talent overall.

Anyone have a problem with Edwards on the closing laps during the Busch race? I like Edwards and I think Sadler was just being a sour puss for losing. Hell, he had a tire going down. But I do think Sadler is the new era of wah-wah racers where if they get roughed up they cry about it (see, Jimmy Johnson).

What do you guys think about Stewarts reaction to Kahne's win? I thought it was grade-A class and it seems Stewart had a geniune happiness for Kahne's first win.

What's everyone's take on the Rusty-Newman fued?

Yes, we need to get the NASCAR forum going again.

Definately, especially with a couple of new members being NASCAR fans.

Any possibility of going back to the good ole pick 'em posts that we used to have for each race?? Billy, I know you're up for it :P

And of course I will be providing complete coverage of the race up at Kentucky Speedway again this year, hopefully with some pics as well.

Any possibility of going back to the good ole pick 'em posts that we used to have for each race?? Billy, I know you're up for it :P

And of course I will be providing complete coverage of the race up at Kentucky Speedway again this year, hopefully with some pics as well.

That kind of died off because we're all in the same Fantasy Nascar league that "WHO DEY AGAIN" started for us, and nobody want's to tip off their picks. I'll go for it on Fridays after Yahoo freezes all the teams, how's that?

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics from the Speedway!

Everham has said Kahne is vastly ahead of Gordon when he was at his age.

Are you sure he said "vastly!?!" :blink:

Any possibility of going back to the good ole pick 'em posts that we used to have for each race??  Billy, I know you're up for it  :P

That kind of died off because we're all in the same Fantasy Nascar league that "WHO DEY AGAIN" started for us, and nobody want's to tip off their picks. I'll go for it on Fridays after Yahoo freezes all the teams, how's that?

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics from the Speedway!

Sounds great, I'm just ready for that pre-race discussion to start up again. Now that I'm out of school I'm spending a lot more time in the Zone.

Screw Kasey Kahne.

The bastard fired my uncle as crew cheif for his Busch team after one test run. Just flipped out right after getting out of the damn car. :angry:

Screw Kasey Kahne.

The bastard fired my uncle as crew cheif for his Busch team after one test run. Just flipped out right after getting out of the damn car. :angry:

:lol: Yeah kiddo, I agree. What a B-word he is for firing your Uncle! BTW, what's your uncles name? I'm a Nascar nut, and watching it right now!

One more thing...please tell me you didn't expand your vocabulary to include that "B" word from anything you heard around here did you? :wacko:

No, and I think that the general public needs to come to grips with the fact hat teenagers can occasionally use swearing when they feel strongly about something.

Anyway, out of my vocabulary lecture. My uncle's name is Tim Shutt, the first ever Biracial crew chief in NASCAR. He was in Joe Gibbs Racing for several seasons for several seasons, Crew Chiefin' for Jason Leffler, Mike McLaughlin and Mike Bliss, most recently. But, unfortunately, he was fired ttwo years ago by Gibbs for Bliss's lack of wins. Since then he has been bounced around a lot, even working some independent jobs for a few races in the Nextel Cup series. But, his gigs ran out, and right now he's back to trucks after a leave in which he got married.