Madden 2006

Marshall

I don't know Stewie, I'm a Madden freak and I like the gameplay on Madden better. I played ESPN a little, then went right back to Madden. Maybe I'm jst more comfortable with Madden, but I like it better. I don't like EA making the move to keep the competition out, though. That was a dirty thing to do, but I'll end up buying Madden 2k6 anyway. I can't help it...no willpower.

I loved ESPN 2K5 and still play it regularly - best football game ever - gameplay and presentation to the options and online play etc.., of course that's just a personal opinion and everyone has their own preferences.

All the other ESPN games IMO suck and I returned them (college hoops to their MLB game) and prefer EA's offerings there.

Well we're stuck with Madden from now on (what happened to changing the name to something other than Madden!!??? ugh!) so that'll have to do and I assume they'll put everything into it and learn from some of the cool things ESPN accomplished.

the defense, especially the secondary coverage in espn sucked balls. i dont know how many times, even on hard, that my db's just sat in zone and didnt go to the receiver or did something stupid. madden's whole package is 20x better than espn's.

EA games is turning in to a monoply,

No worse then what people cry about microsoft or Walmart for doing.

They made it so no other NFL game could be made just because you don't like the game doesn't mean everyone else disliked it. just because you don't like the browns,steelers or ravens should they not be football teams?It's like Pepsi & coke more people like pepsi but there are people out there who perfer coke.

Well sense Sega i've never been a real big fan of madden games and i'm still not a big fan I don't really see that happening I bought 2005 because I like something different now and then though I rather keep playing espn 2005 till EA loses all rights to the NFL

If that ever happens :P then mybe i'll also pick up madden that year.

u'll buy madden this year when all ur friends have it. and plus the bengals are always fun as hell to play with with the new players/updated rosters.

None of my friends are in to football games,

I went 200,2001,2002,2003,2004, without buying madden :P

Then I did buy 2005 but If I would have only owned 1 football game.

I would have taken espn /shrug ESPN actually got me playing video games again (I quit because I worked at a videogame store heh)

All in all I'll stick by what I like not what other people like,otherwise i'd might as well say FU bengals and go buy a corey dillon patriot jersey

I think I have owned every Madden since year one- thinking about playing the skip card this year and wait for the Next Gen systems to hit. Saw the like 2 second clip of Madden on the XBOX 360 system on MTV the other night- I think I can hold out for PS3 on the HDTV.

I cant see them putting a lot of effort into this years verision especially if they know next year they might be making it for PS3....

Espn NFL 2k5 was cool. It was nice to buy a new game for under 20.00. The game play was a bit unrealistic, as I managed to record 122 sacks withe Justin Smith in my first regular season. The franchise mode was bad as wellwen working with the salary cap. Though I did pull off some nice trades...Warrick for Roy Williams and a second round pick, T, James for DeAngelo Hall...sweet. :player:

exactly the game play is much much more realistic with madden. and ya i agree, when ps3 comes out and the new xbox, the games gonna be even sicker.

Espn 2k5 was by far the better game. Madden was way too easy, and i can't stand the small cartoonish players.

2K5 had better game play, better playbook, better overall design,Better off season, and most importantly, NO JINX !!

What happens when Carson Palmer makes the cover or Rudi or C.J..???

Either way, neither of the 2 games make it possible to play a true version of the next scheduled season. If they did, there wouldn't be a need to buy' 06, 07, etc. etc.

OH and ESPN definitely gets the nod when it comes to the editing of draft picks. C'mon now, who didn't have David Pollack on their new rosters right after the draft. :lol: