Bengal fan in time of need

benglsdrumr

I'm trying to convince the people in my house to subscribe to DirecTV so i can finally watch the bengals play but all they tell me is that satellite tv isnt good becuz different weather conditions interrupt the signal. every1 i know has cable so i cant really confirm it with anyone so... does weather really have any effect? man, i GOTTA get satellite so help me ASAP! WHO-DEY!!!

I've had my signal fail three times in 4 years...each time when the California weather was so severe that I was less concerned about watching TV and more interested in how quickly I could dig a basement under my home. Yeah, it happens out here and when it does it's monsoon time.

My advice is this. Get the DirecTV Tivo receiver package. Sell your car if you have to. Rent out the wife or girlfriend on an hourly basis if you need the extra cash. But get it. Because as sad as this may sound on the surface, it'll change your life.

My advice is this. Get the DirecTV Tivo receiver package. Sell your car if you have to. Rent out the wife or girlfriend on an hourly basis if you need the extra cash. But get it. Because as sad as this may sound on the surface, it'll change your life.

Getting rid of your significant other or getting DirectTV? :lol:

I got Direct TV with TIVO and Sunday Ticket last year and it is fantastic. I will never go without it again.

Living in Indiana I do lose the signal sometimes during thunder storms but the benefits more than outweigh the inconveniences.

I live in newport oregon the only weather we have is rain <but no heavy storms>

Does any one know a good place to look for TV's?

Fredmeyers / walmart where I live only have 27inch and smaller :P

sonystyle.com offers free shipping.

suggest the 34 inch wide screen's myself.

I'm trying to convince the people in my house to subscribe to DirecTV so i can finally watch the bengals play but all they tell me is that satellite tv isnt good becuz different weather conditions interrupt the signal. every1 i know has cable so i cant really confirm it with anyone so... does weather really have any effect? man, i GOTTA get satellite so help me ASAP! WHO-DEY!!!

I've had both cable and satellite.

With the satellite, make sure you get the antenna "tuned" by someone who knows what they are doing so that the transponders are all above 70% (higher the better). When I first got my satellite, I had troubles with storms. Once I had it tuned, I did NOT have problems with storms.

I now have cable, because I wanted high definition without all the extra ($$$) equipment. I even have problems with storms -- now.

I would have gone back to satellite for the VOOM high definition system, but I have too many trees that block my view to the south and they could NOT mount the HD antenna on my roof.

So, if you have good clear access to the south -- go for the satellite and have them show you how each transponder is rating.

Satellite since 1996 with DirecTV. Probably been down a total of 1 hour due to weather in all those years.

Cable? In that span, with limited basic for awhile missed about one month. This one is a no-brainer.

I've had direct TV twice and had dish net once. Have had zero issues with Direct tv. dish on the other hand went out all the time. Also have DIVO and love it. You can pause, rewind live tv. Fast foward through commercials, etc. It's the bomb. Oh yea, you can tape one show and watch another one at the same time.