Convert a WR to TE?

greenday333

After reading all the negative comments on how the bengals drafted the two wide receivers, and how we don't really have a dominant TE, why don't we convert either Henry or Tab. Both of them are tall, and big, and they can run. Why not? What have we got to lose.

Wait,Nevermind, Our TE's are so great!

What was I thinking.

sorry.

I think it's the role the TE's are asked to play rather than their ability which makes them "non-dominant". Put in any other TE (up to a point) and you'll get more of the same.

I think it's the role the TE's are asked to play rather than their ability which makes them "non-dominant". Put in any other TE (up to a point) and you'll get more of the same.

That's what we've been saying for weeks, and some folks just don't wanna hear it! Even with Marvin Lewis totally ignoring that position in the draft, doesn't speak the message loud enough.

The Bengals coaching staff obviously seems fine with who we have there now, and how they've handled the role they've been assigned so far in this offense.

I think Shoebel is going to work hard this offseason to improve on his catching skills. And maybe Marvin think Shoebel will get the job done and be a solid TE.

Well Marvin sure seems to think at least one of the TE's currently on the roster will get the job done!

That being said, I feel we do have too many TE's, and IMO need to cut it down to 2 TOPS!

Is Reggie Kelley and Tony Stewart still on the roster?

And I think the St. Louis guy will be released sometime in the next few weeks.

So far they are! That's FOUR freakin' TE's in an offense that barely uses ONE!

Is Reggie Kelley and Tony Stewart still on the roster?

And I think the St. Louis guy will be released sometime in the next few weeks.

Isn't Brad St. Louis our long snapper? Why would he be cut?

If we are changing positions, I nominate Kelly Washington be converted into a TE. I am sure he could bulk up to at least 250 lbs. and be effective in passing situations.

I think the St. Louis guy will be released sometime in the next few weeks.

I think you should quit smoking crack rocks. St. Louis isn't really a tight end, he's one of the best long snappers in the league. In a pinch, he can line up at tight end, but that's not why he's paid, and it's not what is expected of him.

Ask yourself this... when was the last time you remember a muffed snap on a punt or field goal attempt?