PINKY GEE

OK C.J. SAYS HE WILL GET FINES IN HIS NEXT 2 GAMES BECAUSE "IT IS NOT OVER"...WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WILL DO NEXT WEEK TO GET FINED? PERSONALLY I AM GLAD HE IS "SHOWING OFF" IT MAKES THE GAME HAVE A LITTLE EXTRA....

CHAD'S LOYALEST FAN....

PINKY GEE B)

OK C.J. SAYS HE WILL GET FINES IN HIS NEXT 2 GAMES BECAUSE "IT IS NOT OVER"...WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WILL DO NEXT WEEK TO GET FINED? PERSONALLY I AM GLAD HE IS "SHOWING OFF" IT MAKES THE GAME HAVE A LITTLE EXTRA....

CHAD'S LOYALEST FAN....

PINKY GEE B)

Yeah ......... I don't know. I like it when he jumps into the stands. No small feat seeing as how high that wall is.

I like it better when he shows off by splitting the defender and goes 68 yds or leaps to grab it with one hand in the back of the endzone.

Bottom line I guess is I agree with coach Lewis .......... " act like you been there before. "

PS Welcome to the board

While I really liked the sign....I think he just kinda needs to chill now. I'm thinking it's gonna start to turn off some of his teamates if he keeps doing stuff...I like what Rudi does. If the team wins, go do something crazy on the center of the field, NFL be damned! But make sure you win the game first....That's what it's about right now...win the damn game. Of course if he get's a TD at the probowl, then by all means, celebrate away, that's what it's about...Right now every single Bengal should have one game on their mind, not how to celebrate a TD....

Chad's showmanship is a distraction to the team and the game. If I want to see an arse I'll surf the net! :rolleyes:

I want Chad to simply hand the ball to the referee and REPEAT. When he scores he is only doing what he is paid to do.

If he has all that extra money he should send some my way. :D

At this rate I fear that he will wind up broke and looking for a crack pipe.

He signed a BIG contract extension, but it's not guaranteed. Once the money's gone, it's gone.

Shut up and play football. :ph34r:

The way he is being fined (and apparantly happy about it) reminds me of the hillbilly who wins the lottery and then files chapter 11 because he can't handle prosperity.

I could care less about the celebrations. The pre-meditated sign is the only thing he should have been fined for.

He was fined for pretending to take pictures with P-Dub?! Ridiculous.

Fined for pretending to remove the helmet and then signaling against doin it? Ridiculous.

Fined for wearing orange shoes?!?!?! IT'S THE TEAM COLOR!!! Ri-god-damn-diculous.

As long as he doesn't incur penalties during the game, he can rack up as many stupid fines as he wants.

Chad's showmanship is a distraction to the team and the game.

I completely agree but it's something that will never go away from Chad to TO to Horn. I also don't like it when Kitna points to the cross on his wristband while celebrating a touchdown. I've never been one to mix religion with sports and thing it's absolutely absurd. So if anyone is going to rip on Chad, then Kitna should get the same fate.

The way he is being fined (and apparantly happy about it) reminds me of the hillbilly who wins the lottery and then files chapter 11 because he can't handle prosperity.

The fines that the NFL gives out to players like Chad isn't supposed to hurt them or send a message. If it were then we'd see six figure penalties. With that said, I think the NFL behind closed doors supports the outragous players whom perform and act above the game. I hate it, you hate it, everyone does. But it does bring a little life into the game, and we can't deny that Chad does bring a little life into the Bengals which is something we've needed for 12 years. The NFL is fining players like Horn, TO and Chad for a positive PR move, nothing more. The amount of money these guys make, if the NFL wanted them to stop it, then suspensions would be involved, payless games, massive money lost, but no, the NFL doesn't incorperate such things because they privately hope for it. Think about it for a second. It's the only logical explaination.

I don't have a problem with them celebrating, but when they bring things onto the field, thats a different story. I think that if someone does that, it should be a 1 game suspention without pay. They (NFL or team) HAS to draw the line somwhere. Right?

I believe you're right afro-man. Fining them money is no deterent. They got LOTS of MONEY! Take away some playing time AND money, well that's a deterrent. It is just getting plain silly now, with the post scoring antics. It's like one player is trying to out do the last ones gimmick!

it should be a 1 game suspention without pay. They (NFL or team) HAS to draw the line somwhere. Right?

While I agree, the NFL would never let that happen. They make too much money off these guys and there shananigans via TV Contracts (networks want to put on the best players, not teams), merchandise and game tickets. The only time suspensions come into the equation is when someone does something to harm the game or give the NFL a bad rap. Celebrations do neither, they just go against tradition and ultimately will fall in line of me me me instead of the team concept the fan community charishes.

The difference between Otto Graham's hey day and today is money, nothing else. The NFL makes Billions a year from TV Contracts, Merchandise, Ticket Sales, concessions, etc. While it's great the NFL is the way it is, it's on track for a lot of problems and possibly disasters within the next five years. I can almost certainly predict there will be a players strike before the current agreement ends and I blame baseball for this influence. They will eventually want a labor contract like baseball's corrupted labor union which has killed the game. Just wait. God I LOVE the ideologies of American capitalism!

Afro-man: welcome to the board man.

The NFL makes Billions a year from TV Contracts, Merchandise, Ticket Sales, concessions, etc. While it's great the NFL is the way it is, it's on track for a lot of problems and possibly disasters within the next five years. I can almost certainly predict there will be a players strike before the current agreement ends and I blame baseball for this influence. They will eventually want a labor contract like baseball's corrupted labor union which has killed the game. Just wait. God I LOVE the ideologies of American capitalism!

I don't think there would be a strike unless monumental would happen. The players have seen what strikes have done to baseball and basketball. They know that the NFL is the gravy train right now and there ain't no reason to screw that up. I also think that the NFL would be a bit more willing to give out a bit more in terms of revenue sharing with the players on top of their normal contracts because they don't want to lose the gravy train anymore than the players will.

But maybe it's just wishfull thinking on my part.

I don't think there would be a strike unless monumental would happen. The players have seen what strikes have done to baseball and basketball. They know that the NFL is the gravy train right now and there ain't no reason to screw that up. I also think that the NFL would be a bit more willing to give out a bit more in terms of revenue sharing with the players on top of their normal contracts because they don't want to lose the gravy train anymore than the players will.

But maybe it's just wishfull thinking on my part.

I hope you're right. I just know that baseball was a great sport and all above mentioned we all would have said in the 70s. Hopefully football unions take a page out of baseball's book and keep the game as is, if not reduce salaries so we can keep what we have. Hockey for example paid more than it could pay for players and they are expecting a strike after this season. Not comparing Hockey finances with football, but I thought it should be made aware.

I think once the issue arises we'll hear abunch about it which should concern us all. Wow, listen to me bring down everyone's happiness, my bad. :D

I'm just happy someone is scoring TDs and DAMN proud to be a Bengal doing so. All this BS about distractions is crazy. I like the fact that Chad knows he's going to score and when he does he will do his thang!The No Fun League better be giving the fines to a good cause because Chads not hurting anyone and he's not spiking the ball in some DBs face. In the end the NFL and Bengals make a ton of money selling Chad Johnson stuff. They should be paying him extra not fining him! I can't believe people are bitching about this but it's better than talking about next years draft. Peace

I'm just happy someone is scoring TDs and DAMN proud to be a Bengal doing so.

True.

All this BS about distractions is crazy.

True. But ask a traditionalist what he thinks and I honestly don't think this discussion is about Chad but the whole topic of End Zone celebration, kinda took a life of it's own. Most people respect those whom get the TD and job off the field, kind of what Marvin Harrison does. Remember Barry Sanders, man I didn't see the guy smile once. Anyway, football is an institution that has seen many changes the past 10 years and with anything, some are conservative and others are liberal.

But this is my kind of distraction. I'd rather be talking about this then why oh dear god why can't the Bengals win each Sunday, 16 times a year for 12 years. That's 192 times.

I'm just happy someone is scoring TDs and DAMN proud to be a Bengal doing so. All this BS about distractions is crazy. I like the fact that Chad knows he's going to score and when he does he will do his thang!The No Fun League better be giving the fines to a good cause because Chads not hurting anyone and he's not spiking the ball in some DBs face. In the end the NFL and Bengals make a ton of money selling Chad Johnson stuff. They should be paying him extra not fining him! I can't believe people are bitching about this but it's better than talking about next years draft. Peace

Why can't he just do alittle something and get off the field? The two "best" recievers in the game, Moss and Harrison, don't pull crap out of there socks, or make up stuiped signs to get them selfs on T.V.. There play gets them on the highlights.

I say Chads performace this year is selling "Chad Johnson stuff". Not him acting like an A$$. B)

Why can't he just do alittle something and get off the field? The two "best" recievers in the game, Moss and Harrison, don't pull crap out of there socks, or make up stuiped signs to get them selfs on T.V.. There play gets them on the highlights.

I say Chads performace this year is selling "Chad Johnson stuff". Not him acting like an A$$. B)

I say Chads performace this year is selling "Chad Johnson stuff". Not him acting like an A$$.

It goes hand in hand and he is NOT acting like as ass. Everybody is different and that is what makes the world go around. NFL=No Fun League and anyone who has an issue with Chad has WAY too much time on their hands! If you want boring football become a fan of the world league! Too many haters on this site. Peace

HEY received this e-mail earlier this week.... would like to share it with you....... "Just returned from a series of out-take shoots. very dismayed to see the horn and johnson PRECONCIEVED celebration distractions. Do these idiots really believe the fans want to see this type of so called entertainment? HELL no. Impromptu is much more entertaining and acceptable. For the best impromptu entertainment , ...head to the zoo and visit my impromptu entertaining relatives. Sincerely, LANCELOT LINK, SECRET AGENT CHIMP....NOT CHUMP!!!!!!!! ps...did you catch my cuz' CHAD J HORN on spots center. I think he scored a goal and sat down. Now that's CLASS."

I say Chads performace this year is selling "Chad Johnson stuff". Not him acting like an A$$.

It goes hand in hand and he is NOT acting like as ass. Everybody is different and that is what makes the world go around. NFL=No Fun League and anyone who has an issue with Chad has WAY too much time on their hands! If you want boring football become a fan of the world league! Too many haters on this site. Peace

O.K.

I'll take back the "ass" part of my last post. All I'm saying is it has to stop some where. What would qualify as a pentalty to you? Are we going to have to watch some one pull a sign or whatever out every game? I'm sure that this weekend someone will try to out do the "hightlight king" of last week. It will go on......

And I'm not a "hater". I think if you score and just go on like "no big deal - it was easy", is just as good as celebrating.

Anyway, Chad said that after this year he is done with it all.

Celebrate when the Bengals win. I couldn't care less if Johnson doesn't score any touchdowns this week. I COULD care less if the Bengals lose. Sort of like TJ Duckett celebrating when he scored a TD yet his team was down 37 pts. in the second half. How do you think that made his teammates feel? Like the old saying goes. There is no I in team! Its all about the team not the individuals. Unfortunately I think I am in a minority there.

WHODEY! Bring home a big W this week.

I find the TD celebrating very ironic.

Chad has mad some otherworldly catches on the sideline for big gains that were more dramatic than nearly every TD he has scored but there was no celebrating after these truly outstanding catches. :rolleyes:

Dont' these players (chad horn to) recognize the ordinary and expected?

I do like Washingtons 'squirrel' doodiddee.

I cant beleive ya'll are complaining about this we should be welcoming it....What was the big fuss last time we went to the SuberBowl....ICKEY SHUFFLE. They banned it from the inzone and actually drew a box on the sidelines for Ickey. Personall I think we should make a Squirle Zone on the sidelines for Kelly Wahsington to do the Squirel Dance in. Maybe we should do the same for the entire NFL a Celebration Zone so the fans that want to see how creative these exciting players can be, can enjoy the celebrations and dances. And so ya old fogies, who want to see the boreing "respectful" version of the NFL you could be happy too. But this has been a neverending issue for a long long time, Ickey and before...so its not goin change. Just be happy that the bengals and Chad are getting Air time and national attention on ESPN and SI and ect. In the past the only thing ya hear in Bungles jokes. So Chad celebrate all you want just wait till ya get in the inzone, dont do nothin stupid. Love the excitment and love the emotion that he plays with. Keep up the good work, and im looking forward to the inzone celebration this week. And in the weeks to come!!

It doesn't bother me. If you look through the fines in the NFL, there have been multiple instances with the same violation. This is just a rule the NFL enforces to protect their sponsers such as Reebok. Reebok threw a lot of money into the NFL to be the offical sponser so the NFL is going to protect them no matter what the logos, non-NFL related, are. That's the nature of the beast and Kitna even appologied about the whole thing. He's going to appeal the fine, but he admitted he's in the wrong -- not sure if that makes sense, but ok.

Brown123, Browns fan or Brown family fan?

I'm not a Bengals fan, but I'm really ticked off that the league has told Kitna that he cannot wear a hat with a cross on it because they only allow hats with league-approved logos. Is that a crock of BS or what?? :o

No, it is not BS. It's uniform regulations that everyone in the league is aware of. It's like the other player ( can't remember who he was ) that was talking about CJ getting fined every week. His comment was to the affect that they fined him every week because of the shoes he wore, and then added "now ain't that stupid ??" My response would be yeah it's stupid. Quit wearing the shoes ............. stupid.

Uniform means just that. Uniform .... everyone on the team the same. Everybody knows the rules are there and that the NFL enforces them, so stop whining when you violate the rule and get fined for it.