DT Castillo

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540412

Four more potential NFL picks fail drug tests

DAVE GOLDBERG / Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Four players projected to be taken in the middle to low rounds of next week's NFL draft have tested positive for marijuana, a source said.

The four include two from Wisconsin: defensive tackle Anttaj Hawthorne and guard Jonathan Clinkscale; defensive tackle Eric Coleman of Clemson and safety Atcheson Conway of Bowie, according to a source within the league who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The tests were administered at the NFL scouting combine, as was the one in which Northwestern defensive tackle Luis Castillo tested positive for androstenedione, which is considered a steroid by the NFL. Castillo, whose draft status was rising quickly before the positive test became public, is considered a potential first- or second-round pick.

Hawthorne is considered the best prospect of the other four, although his stock had been slipping. He could go in the fourth round or lower after being projected as a second-round pick early.

The NFL, which does not disclose information on drug tests, had no comment.

A player who tests positive for street drugs such as marijuana goes into the first stage of the NFL's drug program. That makes him subject to random testing up to 10 times a month for two years and subject to a fine or suspension if he tests positive again.

A player who tests positive for steroids before he comes into the league is subject to "reasonable cause" testing for steroids up to 24 times a year for his entire career. A player already in the league who tests positive for steroids is subject to suspension as a first-time offender.

NEW YORK (AP) - Four players projected to be taken in the middle to low rounds of next week's NFL draft have tested positive for marijuana, a source said.

The four include two from Wisconsin: defensive tackle Anttaj Hawthorne and guard Jonathan Clinkscale; defensive tackle Eric Coleman of Clemson and safety Atcheson Conway of Bowie, according to a source within the league who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Well my first reaction to this part was:

SO-THE-F**K-WHAT & BIG-FREAKIN-DEAL! :rolleyes:

What's next? We'll be hearing some college player tested positive for budwieser, whiskey, and a Marlboro or two?

Sorry. I hate pee-sniffers. They're scum. They profit from the problems of others.

Well my first reaction to this part was:

SO-THE-F**K-WHAT & BIG-FREAKIN-DEAL! :rolleyes:

What's next? We'll be hearing some college player tested positive for budwieser, whiskey, and a Marlboro or two?

Sorry. I hate pee-sniffers. They're scum. They profit from the problems of others.

I hear you Billy.

I like weed, yeah, I said it.

It's a lot better than alcohol.

Alcohol will leave you in a daze not knowing what the f**k just happened.

(Trust me on this one)

Weed will just leave you a little tired.

Well, count me in as a past admirer of weed.

That said, this is the big deal:

1. The NFL tests for it.

2. These guys are pretty much going through a prolonged job application process right now.

3. Part of that process involved testing clean.

4. There are millions of dollars at the end of that rainbow for some of them, potentially, certainly for a guy like Hawthorn.

5. That said, one might rightfully question his judgment, his using during this particular time, with so much at stake.

6. So, now, his judgement (or lack of it) is added to his list of negatives.

I think Hawthorn will be a steal for someone now, but that assumes that the risk taken in drafting him comes from the 3rd or 4th round, not the 1st (or, presumably, the 2nd, but you never know)...

Cool! My 300th post involved a pot discussion. This board rules.