Ravens add Polley

From nfl.com

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (April 11, 2005) -- Free-agent linebacker Tommy Polley signed a one-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens, who expect the four-year veteran to play next to Ray Lewis in the team's new 4-3 alignment.

Polley comes to the Ravens from the St. Louis Rams, where he averaged 72½ tackles a season. He joined the Rams in 2001 after starting three years at Florida State.

"It's good to be home," said Polley, who played high school football in Baltimore. "It's great for me and my family, but I'm here to do a job, and that's to get this team back to the Super Bowl."

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound Polley had 78 tackles in 15 games last year. He fills the void left by the departure of Ed Hartwell, who signed as a free agent with the Atlanta Falcons.

"We need another linebacker to team up with Ray," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "Tommy is a very athletic player that can run from sideline to sideline. He also has the ability to cover backs and tight ends down the field."

First-year defensive coordinator Rex Ryan this season will switch to a 4-3 alignment from the 3-4 set the team has used for the past several years. If Polley does his part, Lewis will be free to roam the middle.

Defense keeps getting sicker.

Going to be tough for us to score on them this season

Going to be tough for us to score on them this season

Unless they address the problems with the "Unsteady Eddie" they got starting at QB, then they'll be dealing with the same picture you just painted. The only difference is they'll be seeing it each and every game!

They added some guy's to throw to. Big deal. The thrower still has to put the ball in their hands. IMHO, his ability to do that wavers greatly.