Jamie Sharper

cincy9275

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bengals.com article made it sound like the Seattle offer might be incentive-heavy which is why it has a higher value than the Bengals offer. If that's true then the Bengals may have in fact made a competitive offer.

As an aside, I just love how non-committal Marvin is when talking to the media. The only thing he effectively ruled out was that we won't be taking a punter or kicker in the first round. Everything else is on the table. (Which is probably how it should be.)

And even more, from a hawks board...

http://mb25.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1...cID=11414.topic

Clayton says Sharper is coming down to the end... and that Seattle has the best offer.

Thinks that Cincy has the inside track, but that Sharper's agents are waiting for another offer from Seattle. Says Seattle's offer is more than fair. Said visit went well.

Jacksonville and Dallas are checking in, trying to make a last ditch effort. However, he thinks it could get done any minute. Says Hawks are slight underdogs, because of their location, but that they are right there...

All stuff we pretty much already knew, but nice to have a national guy say Hawks are in it...

And the beat goes on...I'm thinking of writing a Schoolhouse Rock episode about FA set to the tune of the old "Interjection" one...

"Speculation!

It's exciting!

It's frustrating!

It's generally set apart from reality by an internet report

Or by radio when the player's not so good..." :lol:

That bengals.com article made it sound like the Seattle offer might be incentive-heavy which is why it has a higher value than the Bengals offer. If that's true then the Bengals may have in fact made a competitive offer.

I'd bet on it. When I heard Marvin speaking about "what's right for Sharper" I immediately flashed on all the times the Bengals have claimed that the money included in their contract offers are likely to be earned, as opposed to ego inflating shadow dollars and contract years the player knows he'll never see.

That bengals.com article made it sound like the Seattle offer might be incentive-heavy which is why it has a higher value than the Bengals offer.  If that's true then the Bengals may have in fact made a competitive offer.

I'd bet on it. When I heard Marvin speaking about "what's right for Sharper" I immediately flashed on all the times the Bengals have claimed that the money included in their contract offers are likely to be earned, as opposed to ego inflating shadow dollars and contract years the player knows he'll never see.

Yeah, that's what I read into Lewis' "we proposed a structure" comment in the bengals.com story...

My impression is that Sharper is putting a squeeze on Seattle, threatening to sign for less in Cincy unless they pony up more $$$ (and probably in the form of up-front $$$). Question is, is the threat real? I don't think so...but we'll see...

I am comfortable, after reading the .com update, that the Bengals have more than made a good effort here, and I am thrilled that they are trying to get him within their budgetary framework. That is the better model (NE) than pushing money off into future years. Look, the miracle will be if we can finally land a top sought-after FA within the correct model. Maybe Sharper will be that player. I continue to hold out hope...

"I think (Sharper) was looking to try and do it yesterday," Lewis said. "We’ve proposed a structure. I want what is best for Jamie. Whatever he feels is best, but we have to do right by ourselves.”

Agreeing with membengal here...

What I love about Coach's quote is how confident he obviously is with the offer they have made.

Clearly if Sharper comes on board for the numbers he has put out there, it will work with the rest of the plan he has going forward.

In Marvin I trust!

I am comfortable, after reading the .com update, that the Bengals have more than made a good effort here, and I am thrilled that they are trying to get him within their budgetary framework. That is the better model (NE) than pushing money off into future years. Look, the miracle will be if we can finally land a top sought-after FA within the correct model. Maybe Sharper will be that player. I continue to hold out hope...

:D I agree 100%,even if we don't get Sharper I am very pleased by the effort :D I also read somewhere, that Seattle would release Chad Brown to make room for Sharper :angry:

I also read somewhere, that Seattle would release Chad Brown to make room for Sharper :angry:

I think it's indirection. Brown's problem is money. He's scheduled to make $4.1 mil and the Seahawks want to reduced that to $1 mil while Brown counter-offered for $2 mil. I think the interest in Sharper is strictly money related in that Brown makes a lot and it would help their cap more. That's MHO.

:D I agree 100%,even if we don't get Sharper I am very pleased by the effort :D

I must send my regrets to "the Bengals done good" party should Sharper sign with the hags. Bottom line is, we had a chance to make a solid improvement at a position of need (Hardy's done, Webster...who knows?) and even with his old coach Marvin in da house we couldn't find a way to outbid the cap-strapped Seattle Suckhawks?

C'mon. That's bulls**t.

CNN/SI has an update on the Sharper situation. Nothing new really, but Marvin's quotes are slightly tweaked, providing ample opportunity to read between different lines. Also of interest is just how little weight the article gives to the Seahawks bid. The implication is that Sharper is there for the Bengals taking...if they want him.

It's a done deal.  Sharper will sign with the Bengals.... You have my word on it.

For some reason I believe you ...Your statements have allways been profound yet true.....sharper will be a bengal..or might allready be.. damn finally got a high profile FA!!

Or not... <_<

Also of interest is just how little weight the article gives to the Seahawks bid. The implication is that Sharper is there for the Bengals taking...if they want him.

And there it is.

Man, I'm gonna miss this big ole thread. It had everything. Wet blankets, buzzkills, angry muppets, Beavis and Butthead, a curious spike in optimism, Cartman mooning us, more muppets, Yukon Cornelius, Joisey sings, vote for Pedro, Joisey sings some more, and then....the sweet sting of death.

fini