Info from "RamsFootball.com" website.

BengalszoneBilly

Okay, I'm back from another recon mission from behind enemy lines so to speak, at "RamsFootball.com". Here's a sample of what they're saying about the Bengals there:

#1: .....

#2: .....

#3: .....

...that's right. Practically nothin! Nada! Zilch! It's as if we aren't even worthy opponents for this Sunday! The best they said was we were "surging, and we probably weren't going to be pushovers"! That's it!

All they can talk about is clinching their division, and who they're going to play first after their bye in the NFC Playoffs. They are definitely looking past this game, and seem to already be chalking it up as another win for them.

Perfect!! That's just what we want...another team to take the Bengals for granted. Under estimating these new Bengals can be hazardous to your precious home field advantage. I know Philly is pulling for Cincy come Sunday. I say let's make 'em happy in the City of Brotherly Love!!

Bengals 34, Rams 24

I'm not surprised about that Billy(and why am I not surprised that you've found someplace to talk smack at? :D )

Well, just cause the fans are overlooking the Bengals doesn't mean that the players or coachs will. They are fighting for a chance at homefield through the playoffs and that is a pretty mean motivation for a team that is currently undefeated at home...

I doubt the Rams themselves will be looking past the game...unfortunately. I think they can clinch a first round bye with a win, so a win Sunday would be like 2 wins on the same day. We'll need to bring our game. Pressure Bulger, pound the ball on the ground. We can win this.

I'm not sure if Bulger and Thorton overlapped at WVU (Braham was long gone), but Big John will put little marc on his ear. Isn't that what seniors do to Freshman?

I like the Bengals chances this week. 8-0 at home is nearly impossible in today's nfl parody.

Control the ball and control the game! :angry:

Give me a whole lot of Rudi and we gotta good chance to win this game. I want enough corey to keep 'em off balance though.

Offer me a fifth rounder for dillon and yo've got a deal! B)

I'm not surprised about that Billy(and why am I not surprised that you've found someplace to talk smack at? :D )

Well, just cause the fans are overlooking the Bengals doesn't mean that the players or coachs will. They are fighting for a chance at homefield through the playoffs and that is a pretty mean motivation for a team that is currently undefeated at home...

Yo Kevnz! Trust me, I talked not one word of smack. After I surveyed the site, I decided to let them go on sleeping. Hopefully they'll awake Sunday afternoon, look up at the scoreboard, and see that they just took their first loss at home!

Remember trash talk is a tool, not a way of life! :D

Anything less than a second rounder is a joke...I'd like to see a 2nd and 4th rounder....Actually a first and second rounder would be nice, but I'm crazy, not delusional.... :blink:

I just don't see Dillon in stripes next year.... :huh:

Anything less than a second rounder is a joke...I'd like to see a 2nd and 4th rounder....Actually a first and second rounder would be nice, but I'm crazy, not delusional.... :blink:

Question here guys...Who's decision to trade is it? Mike or Marvin. If it's Mike, bye-bye Corey. If it's Marvin, I don't think so. He understands players and their moods. Corey was frustrated when he said that. Marvin recognizes that. If he didn't, Corey wouldn't have gotten as many snaps as he's had since he's been back on the roster. Is there another factor I'm not seeing?

If CD is in stripes next year it will be because he is incarcerated. :lol:

He has been a model citizen since he was drafted, so that will not happen. Two good backs are better than one.

Seriously a third rounder is about all you can hope for right now plus maybe another player; perhaps a late round rookie with potential.

Give CD his freedom. :ph34r:

Question here guys...Who's decision to trade is it? Mike or Marvin. If it's Mike, bye-bye Corey. If it's Marvin, I don't think so. He understands players and their moods. Corey was frustrated when he said that. Marvin recognizes that. If he didn't, Corey wouldn't have gotten as many snaps as he's had since he's been back on the roster. Is there another factor I'm not seeing?

What are the salary cap ramifications and all that?

Who makes the decision? I'd say it'll be a combo of both.

The factor you might not be seeing is the cap factor. Dillon is expensive, but Rudi is gonna be a RFA next year and there will be heaps of people willing to pony up the big bucks to sign him. It's hard to justify two high priced RB's whenyou have two high priced QB's too. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Rudi leave because some team decides to give up a first rounder(cough dallas..cough) for him....And if that's the case I think Dillon will be back...I haven't written him off yet...But damn, I don't think I want to see Rudi play anywhere else.... :ph34r:

What are the salary cap ramifications and all that?

I'm not too sure what the full impact is, but it would be the same as if they cut him. It's managable, but it would make next year a bit harder as the Bengals are kinda tight for the cap next year....

The factor you might not be seeing is the cap factor. Dillon is expensive, but Rudi is gonna be a RFA next year and there will be heaps of people willing to pony up the big bucks to sign him. It's hard to justify two high priced RB's whenyou have two high priced QB's too. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Rudi leave because some team decides to give up a first rounder(cough dallas..cough) for him....And if that's the case I think Dillon will be back...I haven't written him off yet...But damn, I don't think I want to see Rudi play anywhere else.... :ph34r:

While Snyderbrenner in DC went after RFA's last year, teams have historically been very, very reluctant to cough up high picks for them. (One possibility which I would not rule out is New England, which could use a top-flight RB and which has 2 1st round picks.) But the possibility someone might go after Rudi is why I don't think anything happens with Corey until after the FA period ends. If a deal does go down, my bet would be that it happens on or immediately before draft day.

I'm pretty sure I read that the Dillon cap situation is a wash, or thereabouts.