Kentucky vs Utah

San Antonio Bengal

I say Kentucky wins even if Utah has a superstar in Andrew Bogut. It seems that Utah and Bogut in particular have become favorites of the media guys and the media is in love with the idea that Bogut will singlehandedly dismantle Kentucky. This is the same media who predicted things like Syracuse reaching the Final Four. There's no way that Utah will shoot 60% against Kentucky's D like they did against Oklahoma. And if Utah commits 20 turnovers again, Kentucky won't be as forgiving.

Kentucky - 75

Utah - 68

Ky has the bodies to give Bogut trouble. I have to admit, though i was EXTREMELY impressed with the way he played in their second round game. Utah ran their offense through him on almost every play, and for a seven footer he showed phemoninal passing skills, and great vision.

That freshman Rondo is one tough guy too. I was very impressed with him in the UC game

I remember before the UC game being worried about Patrick Sparks, but he is waaaaaaaaayyyyy too slow and can't create on his own.

Not to start any s**t, but I'm going with the utes(come on Billy, I've got my white glove ready :P )

It just seems like a down year for your guys, ans even though I think you'll win, I have a medical condition that prevents me from picking them :P

Utah has a history of bowing out to UK. The last time the two played Utah had an all-american stud named Keith Van Horn. This year will be no different.

UK - 66

Utah - 60

I've been impressed with Bogut, but basketball is a team game. A great player can carry you so far; eventually you need some teammates. The teammates were there in the last game scoring points off of Bogut's assists, but will they be able to be counted on in the big games? Just remember, you can even score 56 points in a single game and still lose and have your coach fired. Of course things like that don't happen in college ball ...

Not to start any s**t, but I'm going with the utes(come on Billy, I've got my white glove ready :P )

You go with whoever you damn well please! If you like the Utes, so be it! I say Kentucky by 6 again.

Holy Crap! The game ain't until Friday!?! Well that blows! :angry:

Just remember, you can even score 56 points in a single game and still lose and have your coach fired.  Of course things like that don't happen in college ball ...

Is that what happened to Paul Silas?

Sure is. LeBron James went crazy and scored 56 points in a game against Toronto, but Cleveland still lost the game. Cleveland has been on a slide of recent, but they are in 5th place in the overall eastern standings. They'd have to be leapfrogged by four other teams to fall out of the playoffs. Anyway, Paul Silas was shown the door nevertheless.

as crappy as the wildcats looked vs UC they still won. this game is gonna be close...utah is playing great and they got some outside shooting that no one talks about cuz of bogut. Wildcats should win if they score on offense.

too much talent? i dont think so. kentucky doesnt really have any great players. they have alot of ok players that can play defense. utah just might not have the offensive power to beat them.

too much talent? i dont think so. kentucky doesnt really have any great players. they have alot of ok players that can play defense. utah just might not have the offensive power to beat them.

Actually, statistically speaking, UK does have more talent than Utah does. If you consider McDonalds All-Americans talented, that is.

On the aspect of superstars, your right about that. Bogut is hands down the best player between the two teams. I think it will be interesting though.

Wildcats by 10. They have too much talent for the Utes. If UK can stay away from their, once a game, 5 minute scoring drought they will win by more.

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!!!!!!! We have a winner! :lol:

Thank goodness I recinded the bet I had with oldschooler about him wearing the U.K. avatar until they next lost! God know when he'd finally be able to change it back, if ever! :rolleyes:

they aint winning it all. final four is possible...but the spartans will be tough. no way they can get by UNC in the final 4 game if they meet.

That's exactly the words uttered by many who also watched Kentucky march through this same tournament in '98. Well up until the Kentucky knocked of Arizona in the final game. Then they had to stop saying it.

Now with Duke out of their bracket, Kentucky could very well roll into the Final game and face of all teams...LOUISVILLE!! :blink:

Are you all ready for an all Bluegrass State Championship match up!?! I'd say the odds of it happening aren't too bad. The two teams still in that are most likely break that up are Illinois, (of course) and Arizona, and I'm pretty sure Arizona still ain't happy about how their final game against U.K. turned out in 86! That was weird having the "wildcats versus wildcats."

Let me tell ya, if it comes down to UK v UL in the finals, there will be civil uprising here. I swear the state government will shut down, no kidding. Anyone who knows how this state is around march knows basketball is life.

I CANNOT imagine the drama if that were to happen and the 'ville, along with ex- coach Pitino, knocked off UK for the championship. Yikes!