You just have to laugh

kevnz

I've been reading some stories, and man the press in Baltimore is ripping shreds out of the Ravens.

This one was pretty funny. I especially like it when they ripped on the Baltimore offensive play calling...Though really it's like shooting ducks in a barrel....Damn, with the local papers ripping the team like that no wonder the Ravens think the world hates them. Of course that's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard cause the main news outlets are in love with the Ravens, their "awsome" Defense and the "Genius"...The Genius that even though his team had their asses handed to them, still manages to bitch about the officials....Does he not realize that the league have already given him one game this year....Pillick is a flipping idiot.

Hardly EVER agree with sportswrites, but Carucci had a point in his column. After the way the Ravens melted down against the California Raiders, and the way the Bengals fought back against the 49'ers, it looked more like the Bengals just didn't have einough in their collective tank to pull out their 3rd straight win on the road instead of being a bad team exposed for what it was. His statement, not mine.

How in the world were they so tough against us and then turn around and be so bad in Oakland. I still think they are a lot better team than their newspaper and their fans think they are.

Of course they're a better team than their fans and press are giving them credit for! You must remember most of them are "Balti-Morons"! It's a virtual war of words between their fans at their website forum! Tearing themselves to absolute shreds after this loss to the Raiders!! No one has anything positive to say about anything to do with the Ravens, and its THEIR TEAM!! :P

Yeah, I like that Preston piece, kev. Here's another I found from the SF press:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGCM3NBAE1.DTL

Damn, and I thought I was hard on the "genius"...damn. That brought a smile to my face...I love it. Thanks JoiseyCat.

The funniest thing is to hear Pillick bitch and moan about the officials when it was the s**t playcalling that cost his team the game. Of course, I think it's funny that he's got such a chip on his shoulder about officials when they have handed his team the game against the Seahawks.

Cheers

OK I haven't jumped ship yet kids!!!

I've had this conversation on here before, we are still one of the 2 youngest teams in the league. Therefore, we are great at home but we have our moments on the road like yesterday. It was just like the Pittsburgh and 1st Bengals game. Now we can all argue the merits of the "true talents" of our team but I will always contend that the 1st game you saw us we thought you would be the same old Bungles and the second time we were ready for you....

We get up for big games and dominate and then we play down to the level of our opponents, which I believe is the sign of a young team.

We can play great defense for weeks at a time but then we have lapses. Granted our defense played well yesterday but we here in Baltimore expect greatness out of our defense.

BillyBroome: No Ravens fans are jumping ship, just because we criticize and moan about a loss doesn't mean we are bad fans. If Im not mistaken some of you fans on here were calling for Carson Palmer last week!!!!

So let's get this out of the way, Bengal fans all come from the hills of kentucky therefore you are all stupid rednecks and all Baltimore fans are heroin addicts just like me!

I respect the trash talk but let's keep it on the field eh???

I wish you guys good luck against St. Louie but I hope to heck that you lose

But as I have maintained I still believe both of us may very well qualify for the playoffs.

I've had this conversation on here before, we are still one of the 2 youngest teams in the league. Therefore, we are great at home but we have our moments on the road like yesterday. It was just like the Pittsburgh and 1st Bengals game. Now we can all argue the merits of the "true talents" of our team but I will always contend that the 1st game you saw us we thought you would be the same old Bungles and the second time we were ready for you....

It's amazing how many excuses the Ravens have for losing games. People can say all they want about expecting the same old bengals, but that just shows that Brian Pillick can't motivate his team (A loss to the Raiders shows that as well) As for the second game it helped when a good portion of the Bengals team was sick with the flu, and it was in Baltimore and the end of a three game road trip! But the Bengals lost, so Baltimore thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.....oops :blink:

No Ravens fans are jumping ship, just because we criticize and moan about a loss doesn't mean we are bad fans. If Im not mistaken some of you fans on here were calling for Carson Palmer last week!!!!

Actually I've seen heaps of Ravens fans tear shreds out of the team and are calling for the head of the "genius" but then I don't blame them. I really want to see the Ravens stay status quo...Or maybe lose Ozzie N. Cause he is the key man in the Ravens organization....As for Palmer, what can you expect from fans used to losing and having the #1 pick in the draft on the bench?

Granted our defense played well yesterday but we here in Baltimore expect greatness out of our defense.

You can say thank you to Mr Lewis anytime you like for those kind of expectations.

So let's get this out of the way, Bengal fans all come from the hills of kentucky therefore you are all stupid rednecks

I'm from the Hills of Virginia actually, and I'm a rare breed of smart (ass) rednecks ;)

But as I have maintained I still believe both of us may very well qualify for the playoffs.

I don't know about that, it's gonna be hard with one team with one more win than either team, and with the Dolphins even with both teams with an extra game to play...Damn the Browns for losing!

But I'd love to see the Ravens in the playoffs as a wildcard so maybe the rest of the world would stop talking about how weak the AFC north is! that title goes to the NFC north...Or NFC South...Or NFC East...Or...well you get the point....

cheers

If Im not mistaken some of you fans on here were calling for Carson Palmer last week!!!!

So let's get this out of the way, Bengal fans all come from the hills of kentucky therefore you are all stupid rednecks and all Baltimore fans are heroin addicts just like me!

Not going to argue with anything else, but lets clear these things up right now.

We had ( as far as I know ) 1 post calling for Palmer. No one who responded to the post agreed. Kitna gets a fairer ?? more fair ???? (you know what I mean) shake on this board than on any other venue I've seen.

Second don't know if you're an addict or not, but I am definitely from Cincinnati. Right smack dab in the middle as a matter of fact. Grew up in Clifton ............ around the university for you out of towners.

We had ( as far as I know ) 1 post calling for Palmer. No one who responded to the post agreed. Kitna gets a fairer ?? more fair ???? (you know what I mean) shake on this board than on any other venue I've seen.

Very true, only one person was talking Palmer and I dont think anyone agreed with him. As for the Ravens, they are a young team, and its hard as hell to win on the road in this league. Ask anyone, like Joisey said in another post, bottom line, 2 games left, win and youre in. B)

It's amazing how many excuses the Ravens have for losing games. People can say all they want about expecting the same old bengals, but that just shows that Brian Pillick can't motivate his team (A loss to the Raiders shows that as well) As for the second game it helped when a good portion of the Bengals team was sick with the flu, and it was in Baltimore and the end of a three game road trip! But the Bengals lost, so Baltimore thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.....oops

Your whole team was sick with the flu???

The first game was luck and the second game was an ass whipping.

What did Chad Johnson do last week?? How many stiff arms did Dillon give out to Ray??

How many pics did Kitna throw??? Just checking....

We all know who the better team is, the next two weeks will bear this out.

Good luck in the Dome and yes we are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

By the way, you can thank Baltimore for a real head coach, without the Ravens you guys would now be going over your opening day rosters for your 2004 Cincinnati Reds, give me a break

What did Chad Johnson do last week??  How many stiff arms did Dillon give out to Ray??

We all know who the better team is, the next two weeks will bear this out.

Good luck in the Dome and yes we are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

By the way, you can thank Baltimore for a real head coach, without the Ravens you guys would now be going over your opening day rosters for your 2004 Cincinnati Reds, give me a break

Well, It's easy enough to shutdown a top WR when you double cover him the entire game with a top CB and Safety, Kitna ain't gonna make that throw....And considering how many times Dillon didn't get the Ball, it's not like he's gonna be able to do much of anything.

Yes we do know who the better team is....The leader of the AFC North!

Yeah right, that's funny :blink::lol::blink:

Yep, I'll be more than happy to thank Baltimore for Marvin Lewis, and I'll thank the Steelers and Redskins for him too! Marvin is the greatest thing since sliced bread :D

Also, just to let it be known....I hate the Reds with a passion :angry:

I think that both BAL and CIN will be in the post-season. Denver has a tough schedule and Miami just imploded at home against the Eagles. Titan and Ravens as Wildcards. If that scenario plays out, Ravens would go to Chiefs, granted Patirots have home field. Titans would come to PBS, and mullet boy will get his whipping soon enough.

In the playoffs, no one will want to play the Ravens.

I attribute the Ravens Flop in Oaktown as a combo: Youth/looking ahead. They are actually more worried about the Browns and Steelers as those games are divisional. They let the Raiders get one over on them. It was the coaches responsibility to prevent that but hey, after the big win over the Bengals, they came out flat. OAK did not have a huge game on them but the BALT offense looked tired, Wright was not sharp. (I did see the game).

As far as the Bengals, they need a flu shot. You would think it would be manadatory. I also do not care if Burris was sick or not, he needs to step back. Burnt in OAK, BUF and SF (and others) cost us big. If Lewis had any options he'd use them, now he's seen Roberts step up and give it a go, so you never know. I'd take a motivated Roberts over a slow Burris or hurt Artrell any day of the week, now that we have seen him in a game situation. Holt and Bruce are not where we need sick, injured or otherwise compromised players. If the rams knew Roberts was starting they would only have film of him vs SF, but they have games and games of film of Burris getting toasted. Hmm....

Like I said, I see both teams in the post season.

I think that both BAL and CIN will be in the post-season. Denver has a tough schedule and Miami just imploded at home against the Eagles. Titan and Ravens as Wildcards. If that scenario plays out, Ravens would go to Chiefs, granted Patirots have home field. Titans would come to PBS, and mullet boy will get his whipping soon enough.

In the playoffs, no one will want to play the Ravens.

I attribute the Ravens Flop in Oaktown as a combo: Youth/looking ahead. They are actually more worried about the Browns and Steelers as those games are divisional. They let the Raiders get one over on them. It was the coaches responsibility to prevent that but hey, after the big win over the Bengals, they came out flat. OAK did not have a huge game on them but the BALT offense looked tired, Wright was not sharp. (I did see the game).

As far as the Bengals, they need a flu shot. You would think it would be manadatory. I also do not care if Burris was sick or not, he needs to step back. Burnt in OAK, BUF and SF (and others) cost us big. If Lewis had any options he'd use them, now he's seen Roberts step up and give it a go, so you never know. I'd take a motivated Roberts over a slow Burris or hurt Artrell any day of the week, now that we have seen him in a game situation. Holt and Bruce are not where we need sick, injured or otherwise compromised players. If the rams knew Roberts was starting they would only have film of him vs SF, but they have games and games of film of Burris getting toasted. Hmm....

Like I said, I see both teams in the post season.

The Cheifs would get a bye and The Ravens would have to play the Colts if the seeding stays the same now....

The Ravens are a very dangerous team.....at home, they have lost 5 straight on the road, that's not a record you want going in as a wildcard team. I don't think any of the division winners would fear the Ravens at home...

The Ravens flop....Three things, poor coaching, poor play calling, and a piss poor attitude. They expected the Raiders to roll over and play dead...they were wrong, the coaching staff lead by the "genius" didn't have his team prepared and then the suspect play calling...why throw on 3rd and short when you have the leading rusher in the NFL on your team? Then after the Game the "genius" bitches and moans about officials....Not his flat team, stupid play calling and his own poor ability to motivate his team....

Simply put I don't see the Ravens making the Playoffs, this is a young team with a lot of upside, but I don't see them being able to pick themselves up off of the floor after the Raiders game and I lay the blame at the feet of the "genius"....

cheers