Shaun Cody or Channing Crowder

cover2

Would the Bengals pick Channing Crowder or Dan Cody with the 17 th pick?

I like Cody for the simple reason he can play two positions and frankly I think he can excel at both. Channing Crowder has incredible talent, more talent than

any LB on the board but do you take a chance on him inspite of past injuries?

I think the Bengals bring in a SS and or MLB in Free Agency and select Dan Cody.

The guy is a beast and best of all a guy they won't regret selecting.

If it came down to having to choose between them, then Crowder, but I highly doubt that the Bengals will take a LB at 17. Crowders talent trumps Cody's.

If they can trade down to the 22-32 range, then maybe, because of the extra picks they'd get.

D-Line or S at 17.

To answer the question posed bu this thread: neither

Crowder's injury history, slower than expected 40 time, and lack of experience make him highly questionable at 17. Too much bust potential for my taste.

Dan Cody has character and psych profile issues.

My prefs, ranked in order:

1) We trade down 3-4 places, one ore more of the DEs or S (or even WR or TE) we want will still be there.

2) S Merriman as a speedy pass rushing DE (love those Terps, Madieu), hope he can add yet another 10 lbs of muscle to his frame

3) S Cody as a relatively experienced, versatile DT or DE. ML loves versatile guys. SC is also a good character guy.

3) S Cody as a relatively experienced, versatile DT or DE. ML loves versatile guys. SC is also a good character guy.

Plus he's an F.O.C. (Friend Of Carson) from USC. I believe we should get as many guys as reasonably possible from the National Champs. They're winners with a winning attitude and won't be likely to accept anything less in their pro careers! :player:

Neither ! Trade Down, Hell trade down again if it means bypassing these guys.

1. Don't want another semi-quick, short armed defensive end !

2. Don't want a fiery athletic oft-injured head case linebacker !

- these are simply two things that just don't work in the NFL. Yes Justin Smith is a fine football player, but that's all he'll ever be. He's not a dominant force on the line. Yes Channing Crowder is very productive, but when the doctors at the Combine can hear your Knees "creak" before they've even examined you, then there's something wrong !

If the draft were today, here are my Day one gimmies....

1. Shaun Cody DT USC, or Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

2. Barret Ruud LB Nebraska, or Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin

3. Josh Bullocks FS, Nebraska , or Chris Spencer C, Mississippi

I don't think Chowder is a good pick. Hes a walking injury list. Marvin would not put up with his attitude. I would like to see us trade down and select dt Mike Patterson.In the 2nd we could pick Odell Thurmanlb,and with the extra pick we would pick up we could select Shazor ss. I would like to see us wait till next year for a center. The experts say there are at least 2 future pro bowl centers next year.They are Greg Eslinger and Mike Degory. Larry Moore can back up Brahm . We could then pickup another defensive player in round 3.Boley oslb or Luis Castillo dt would be good in stripes. REDSFAN2510

Chris has mention the LB from Nebraska "Rudd". Here is the interesting part. We might have a match.

A cool thing about Ruud that you probably didn't know ... His father, Tom, was an All-Big 8 linebacker and a first round draft pick of the Buffalo Bills. He also played for Cincinnati. ... Ruud's brother, Bo, is a redshirt freshman linebacker for the Huskers

If the draft were today, here are my Day one gimmies....

1. Shaun Cody DT USC, or Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn

2. Barret Ruud LB Nebraska, or Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin

3. Josh Bullocks FS, Nebraska , or Chris Spencer C, Mississippi

If the Bengals stay at #17, I'd rather see Rogers than Cody.

I got Ruud going before Bengals pick in 2nd and them taking Blackstock. I just don't like how Hawthorne plays.

Bullocks looks like a 2nd rounder to me and Spencer seems like he'll go in 3rd before Bengals pick. I'm liking Babineaux in the 3rd and he'll probably drop to there because he's broken the same leg bone twice in college but played all last yearw/o problems.