3 reasons for hope against Rams!

walzav29

Rams also clinched the division yesterday and have the lead over Philly in home field advantage through the playoffs. I'm rooting for Miami over Philly tonight (and yeah, we want Miami to keep pace with Denver; if we end up in a three way tie for the wild card the head to head gets tossed since we didn't play the fins). I want the Rams to have as little to play for as possible.

Here's a couple of reasons to worry:

1. Torry Holt

2. Marshall Faulk

You guys had a hard time against both the us and the Niners, struggling against Jamal Lewis and Kevan Barlow. Faulk is a more versatile weapon than either ( and no, I wouldn't take him over Jamal), so you may be in trouble. Holt is having a Beast year, and unless Chris McAlister and Ed Reed joined your team in the middle of the night, I think he may pose problems.

Honestly, I like our chances against St. Louis. We've proved all season we can win in a shootout. CJ and PDub will look like lightning on the carpet. As for Faulk, I'm not worried. We have more problems with a straight ahead runner, a la J-Lewis. Look what we did to Priest, very similar style to Marshall.

Biggest worry is the pass defense. Only way to help our secondary, which has looked real poor, is to get pass rush on Bulger. Our pass rush hasn't looked much better than our secondary play.

Interesting note: After 3 losses we have gone...

1 win

1 loss

2 wins

1 loss

4 wins

1 loss

And now we've started another win streak, if you're into #'s theory or the like, the pattern is doubling the amount of wins after each loss. I wouldn't hang my hat on it in a million years, but...

that would make it an 8 game win streak coming up, and it would only take a 7 game win streak to win the Super Bowl.

It's nice to dream.

The obvious factor is how the Bengals will play in a dome. That shouldn't be overlooked. St. Louis is 7-0 at home while the Bengals are 3-4. Last time the Bengals played in a dome with the same style, not the new ones put up today, was the embarassing 30-3 loss to Atlanta last season. These are facts and they do have me a bit concerned, along with our horrible horrible horrible defense!

Here's a couple of reasons to worry:

1. Torry Holt

2. Marshall Faulk

You guys had a hard time against both the us and the Niners, struggling against Jamal Lewis and Kevan Barlow. Faulk is a more versatile weapon than either ( and no, I wouldn't take him over Jamal), so you may be in trouble. Holt is having a Beast year, and unless Chris McAlister and Ed Reed joined your team in the middle of the night, I think he may pose problems.

" .................. so you may be in trouble." ( says I hoping my big purple ass off )

" .................. unless Chris McAlister and Ed Reed joined your team in the middle of the night"

That, maybe we should check on. Cause they sure didn't seem to be in Oakland this Sunday.

Here's 3 reason for you to worry.

1. the way you played in Oakland

2. the Browns

3. the Steelers.

Just here to remind you that the Raiders cannot give you a Superbowl.

But seriously enjoy the feeling you have now, I realize you guys haven't had anything to cheer about since ol Boomer was throwing it around....

You're right. They can't give us a super bowl. What they can and did give us was the lead in the division. Now it's up to us to keep it.

Before you bring it up, I know we're tied. ( here's the but ) But if we finish with the same record, we win the tie breaker. At least now we control our own destiny again, and that's all you can ask for. And talking about cheering, from what I've heard there isn't a whole lot of it going on over on your board right now. Man, you gotta tell those guys to be better fans than that. You gotta stick with your team win or lose.

Just here to remind you that the Raiders cannot give you a Superbowl.

This is true. But if one believes in omens, signs, and portents, then the circle is closing.

How appropriate is it that the Raiders open the door to the playoffs? Well, they were the team to last close it on us, when the Bengals lost 20-10 in the second round of the playoffs in 1990.

The *second* round, mind you. The first round, the wild card game, we hosted the Houston Oilers and won 41-14.

And...should we win the division...who'll most likely be coming to Cincy?

Could be AFC Central old home week... :D

Bring it on home, boys. Close the circle. Go Bengals.

(And...oh yeah...go Browns! :lol: )

Man, you gotta tell those guys to be better fans than that. You gotta stick with your team win or lose.

So where have you guys been the past 10 years???

To answer both of your comments, I've been right here. I think most of the guys on the page have been too, but since it was me you asked, I'll tell you.

I've been running around wearing Bengals jackets ..... jerseys etc. since they came into existence including the last god awful 12 years. I also wear my Reds jerseys jackets etc every summer and I did throught the 50's & 60's with them too. They weren't very good then either in case you can't remember back that far.

I've heard BENGALS ???? they suck ( ans. as of last nite so does your sister) ........ They stink ( ans. so does your mothers panties. I got them in the back of my pick-up) .... more time than you've probably heard your own name.

I may not get to as many games as I like, but I am ... always have been .... and always will be a die hard fan. Also notice, that I did not question your commitment to your team. I assumed you still supported them, and that is why I said "you gotta tell those guys to be better fans". It's definitely not the pot calling the kettle black. It's more like the voice of experience, and all that aside, it's also pretty damned presumptuous on your part to question how good of a fan I am in the first place.

Definitely not lmao

OK Redsfan2:

I respect your response but you have got to admit that it is a little funny that a Bengals fan questions another fan bases' loyalty.

Obviously in your case, you haven't hid under the sheets for 12 years and that is outstanding and I commend you for it.

All Im saying is that dont criticize Raven fans for griping about their own team. That is what fans do. I also think it comes down to expectations. Basically everything your boys do at this point is to be considered gravy. You haven't had 8 wins since '96 I believe....

While down here in Bawlmer, when we lose there are definitely chicken littles that jump ship and start panicking. And I really am not defending those yahoos.

Its just that if the Ravens win 10 and miss the playoffs, we ill be extremely disappointed because we as a fanbase have playoff expectations.

Im not so sure you guys would feel that way.

Again, this isn't a knock on your team, god knows Ive maintained all along (3 weeks really) that you have a great head coach and I will therefore never put anything past your team.

I know its fashionable to hate the Ravens but I dont want to hear about how we make excuses and how we eat our own. Because that isn't true.

The best team will win this division and I will be rooting for them come January......

Bengals fans are different, much different than the rest of the NFL. I respect those whom stuck around for 12 years and I respect those who gave up in the 90's. It's hard to root for a team for 12 years and lose week in and week out, it take a toll on fans. So whether fans that have been loyal for 12 years and those that came back this season, we are all rooting for the common good and lets keep it that way.

OK Redsfan2:

I respect your response but you have got to admit that it is a little funny that a Bengals fan questions another fan bases' loyalty.

Obviously in your case, you haven't hid under the sheets for 12 years and that is outstanding and I commend you for it.

All Im saying is that dont criticize Raven fans for griping about their own team. That is what fans do.

Point taken.

As you can tell by my posts, I've got no problem with Ravens in general or any of their fans in particular. You and I have had some good exchanges, and that is why I was a little taken aback with the response.

Wasn't intended to be negative or critical, but can see where it could have been taken that way. Not ready to go pick out curtains with you or anything, but I do enjoy your posts. Keep them coming.

Not ready to go pick out curtains with you or anything

LOL!

Like I have said before I was once a Bengals fan in a previous lifetime and you do have our defensive coach from 2000 and I do actually like Kitna and Warrick so I do respect what you boys have done this year.

But make no mistake if you were all Cleveland fans I'd be claiming Jihad on you by now :P