Start Rudi!

BengalBobNC

Please! Please! Please!

Start Rudi the rest of this season! Rudi has been awesome this year and deserves to be the starter. The last two games are too important to have a "what if" happen. We're back in the drivers seat with two tough games ahead of us. Yes, even the Browns. They were game against the Broncos. We should beat them in Cincinnati, but that doesn't change the fact they will not be pushovers.

Go Bengals!!!

Thank you Oakland!!!!!!!! :D

I'll say that as well. But only if Corey isn't 100%. Corey hasn't been healthy for most of the season, but when he has been he's been effective...I don't think you can judge the Steelers & Ravens games because they are both really stout against the run, and the numbers weren't bad(in fact Coreys numbers against Baltimore were pretty good, he just didn't get enough touches) Corey was sick with the flue today, and obviously shouldn't have played...But I still say that Corey is the better of the two....However I'm starting to get impressed with Rudi's ability at ripping off 40+ yards on a run, cause that was one of the knocks against him coming out of college, that he didn't have the big play in him....

Point well taken, but Rudi has been VERY consistent for us. More consistent than Corey ever was. Corey is a stud, but his big games were surrounded by no-so-great games. Rudi, everytime he has been the starting RB has been a monster. Go Rudi!!!

Well, in Coreys Defense. It is hard to be consistant against 8 and 9 man fronts. When Corey was ripping off his huge games, teams would just stack the line and dare the Bengals to beat them in the air, and they were never able to. Now I would love to see what Corey could do when he's healthy and the Bengals having the air attack that they do now. One of the things that is helping Rudi is the air attack, and opposing defenses aren't as committed to stopping him cause they don't fear him...yet.

Again, point taken. However, this is this year. If no one is prepared for Rudi, all the more reason to start Rudi. I know Corey had to run when teams only had to defend against Corey. And he would still have big games. That doesn't mean we have to start him now. I wish Corey was 100% from the beginning. I would also love to see how he would've been with a real passing game around him. The last two games of the regular season are too important to screw around with.

I've said this before too: Whatever Coach Lewis decides is great. He obviously knows what he is doing!

Marvin has a plan and it clearly worked this week. It was reported that CD was sick with the flu. Rudi was a Rhino out there today. Just a huge game. Much of the credit should be put on Brat for calling the same play over and over. and a game ball for Steinbach, he hauled ass pulling from left guard to seal the edge and spring Rudi on those big runs. Awesome.

Let CD and Rudi keep tag teaming it until one shows who has the legs for the day.

KingWilly hit it right on the money! Both backs are of outstanding caliber, but you never know when one might be having an "off" day for whatever reason. Much better to have another fresh horse ready run, and lose nothing in quality no matter who's in. Wait until Corey's 100%, and you'll see an awesome "One-Two" punch from our backfield that hasn't been seen from any team in many years!

**What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!**

I agree with much of the above. I like having the both of them fresh to bring in at one time or another, depending on game situation or whatever. Then on 3rd down having Bennett in to run a route/draw/block...whatever. By the way, how about some props for how Bennett does pass block?? He really gives Kitna that little bit of extra time he needs....

but getting back to the Rudi/Corey thing.... I'll just say it depends :)

If corey is healthy this week, start him! I think it will be a 'fast track' out in St. Louis, of course with the dome........so start Corey, I think he can take advantage of that hopefully.

One thing he needs to start doing though, is damn it ...quit cutting EVERYTHING BACK ! Hit the hole like Rudi does once in awhile. Thats what its there for !

who dey !

Marvin has a plan and it clearly worked this week. It was reported that CD was sick with the flu. Rudi was a Rhino out there today. Just a huge game. Much of the credit should be put on Brat for calling the same play over and over. and a game ball for Steinbach, he hauled ass pulling from left guard to seal the edge and spring Rudi on those big runs. Awesome.

Yup. The o-line did their job yesterday. Obviously, they were still smarting from getting pounded in Baltimore. But that brings up another point in Rudi's favor: he's hitting holes faster. When Dillon's in, it seems he's always trying to make some little move in the backfield first, instead of heading for where the hole is supposed to be and trusting it'll be there. I suspect he still doesn't believe in the o-line's blocking (remember his implicit critizism of the line during his "trade me to Dallas" phase earlier this year?) and is still trying to make things happen on his own. I think Corey could be a giant-killer if he'd get his head in sync with the team and the plays...but at this point Rudi is just further along. Start him.