I love Oakland

kevnz

The first tie-breaker is head-to-head... Cincy: 1 Baltimore: 1

Second tie-breaker is games within the division... Cincy: 3 - 2, Baltimore: 2 - 2

However, Baltimore still has two division games left and we have just one. If both teams win out, both will have 4 - 2 division records, which then means we need to look at the third tie-breaker which is record against common opponents. And currently, those records are 6 - 4 for both teams and therefore, if both win out, we're still tied at 8 - 4. I have no clue what the fourth tie-breaker is.

If Baltimore loses to either Cleveland or Pittsburgh, we can afford to lose to St. Louis and still win the division assuming we beat Cleveland. If we beat St. Louis and lose to Cleveland and Baltimore drops one of their last two, then we're tied up again and have to go to the fourth tie-breaker.

Of course, the simpliest way to handle all of this is just for Baltimore to lose to Cleveland or Pittsburgh and Cincy win out or least beat Cleveland.

I never thought I'd say this in all my years, but..... I want the Browns to win this Sunday!!!

I just learned this little nugget of football tie-breaker-ology. If both Cincinnati and Baltimore win out, they'll go to the 5th tie-breaker which is strength of victory. And currently, Cincinnati has a better strength of victory (50 - 62) than Baltimore (45 - 67).

Yeah, that was news to me as well, thier strength of victory precentage is something like .452 while Balt is .402 or close to that. No chance to make that up in the final 2 games....

I can't say I love the Raiders, but I sure as hell don't hate 'em as bad today!!!

Hey, I never said I loved the Raiders....Just Oakland.....Damn, I don't know how I'll deal with it next week when the Browns beat the Ravens.... :unsure:

I can't say I love the Raiders, but I sure as hell don't hate 'em as bad today!!!

Hey, I never said I loved the Raiders....Just Oakland.....Damn, I don't know how I'll deal with it next week when the Browns beat the Ravens.... :unsure:

The good thing about that would obviously be that it would help us. The really bad thing about it would be listening to all three of the Browns fans who can use a computer and know how to spell go on about how grate thye arr.

The good thing about that would obviously be that it would help us. The really bad thing about it would be listening to all three of the Browns fans who can use a computer and know how to spell go on about how grate thye arr.

That would be easy enough to shut up cause then the Browns have to have their asses handed to them the following week at PBS....

Yeah, that was news to me as well, thier strength of victory precentage is something like .452 while Balt is .402 or close to that. No chance to make that up in the final 2 games....

Just FYI, it's official, at least according to sportsline.com's "playoff race" page, with says Cincinnati can clinch the division with a win in St. Louis and a Baltimore loss to Cleveland.

I haven't really dealt with the issue of rooting for the Browns. I'm still trying to get past the three words "Cincinnati can clinch". :blink::huh::o:D:D:D

I haven't really dealt with the issue of rooting for the Browns. I'm still trying to get past the three words "Cincinnati can clinch". :blink::huh::o:D:D:D

Go Browns.....Oh now I feel all dirty.....

The Bengals can clinch something in December other than the first pick in the draft???

I'm sure the world is coming to an end :blink:

Marvin Lewis for President......

Here's a great thing:

With the tie-breaker set up as is, the Bengals control their own destiny. As much as I would love to see either Pitt, Cleveland, or both hang a loss on Baltimore, Cincy can still do this thing on their own.

Two wins and in. I hate to rely on another team.

This D has got to pull it together, Sunday.

I LOVE FOOTBALL IN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!