Rats Land Rolle

Ravens | Rolle Signs - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:37:19 -0800

WNST Radio in Baltimore reports the Baltimore Ravens will hold a 5:15 p.m. EST press conference to announce the signing of unrestricted free agent CB Samari Rolle (Titans). Contract terms were undisclosed

Wonderful, huh... :rolleyes:

Plus he's still up on domestic violence charges, too, IIRC. I can imagine the interview in Baltimore...

B: Well, gee, Samari, I dunno, you're demands are pretty high...

SR: Did I mention I beat the crap out of my wife?

B: You did? Well why didn't you say so! Here's an extra million, you're our kind of guy! :rolleyes:

Ravens | Rolle Contract Update - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:41:16 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the contract signed by Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is a six-year deal worth $30.5 million including an $11 million signing bonus.

$30 million for Baxter, $30 million for Rolle...geee, wonder what the Rats and Clowns are so concerned about...? :lol:

from nfl.com

Rolle agrees to six-year deal with Ravens 

NFL.com wire reports 

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (March 7, 2005) -- Cornerback Samari Rolle agreed to a six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens, who last week lost Gary Baxter to the Cleveland Browns.

Rolle was a 2000 Pro Bowl selection with the Tennessee Titans. He also had been pursued by the Kansas City Chiefs, but their interest cooled because of health concerns.

Like new Ravens receiver Derrick Mason, Rolle was a salary-cap casualty before the free-agent signing period in Tennessee.

In 2000, Rolle intercepted seven passes to anchor a Titans defense that went 13-3 and lost in the AFC divisional round to the Ravens. Rolle was limited to a career-low 12 games last season because of an injured left knee that has required arthroscopic surgery. He finished with just one interception and 28 tackles.

He'll replace Baxter, last year's starting cornerback who joined the Browns after initially reaching an agreement with Baltimore. Cleveland signed him to a six-year contract.

Rolle was accompanied by his wife, Danisha, at the Ravens' training complex.

Big trouble that defense just got sicker. With Mcalister and Rolle and Reed in their secondary, wow they will be tough!

Ravens | Rolle Contract Update - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:41:16 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the contract signed by Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is a six-year deal worth $30.5 million including an $11 million signing bonus.

$30 million for Baxter, $30 million for Rolle...geee, wonder what the Rats and Clowns are so concerned about...? :lol:

Not what but who! ;) (Hear the Bengals growling.........)

Around this time last year, Marvin dumped Artrell and Jeff Burris. The end result was a trade for Deltha O'Neil and drafting Keiwan and Madeiu Williams.

Just sit back. Something good will happen soon.

BTW, does this move mean the end of Deion Sanders in the NFL?

I think that Deion will end up retiring again, then attempting a comeback in another year or so when he runs out of suits to sell on eBay.

Hey, maybe he'll get Mike Nolan to give him a chance in SF? :unsure:

As for Rolle being a Ratbird, I'm really not too concerned. Yes, he is a great player, and he should make an impact, but they still don't have a QB, and didn't they have one of the best defenses in the NFL when Palmer torched them for 382 yards last year?

I still think we'll be in the playoffs and the Ravens will be at home. I think that jjakq27 is right...something big is going to happen for us. It's just a matter of time.