Rudi to be Traded ???

chrishcovga

Not sure if anyone else here heard the report. I was in my van returning from Cincinnati, and heard about Rudi resigning his one year tender.

* Brad Johansen from 1360 a.m. said Rudi's signing probably means the end of him as a Bengal. - Word out of Indianapolis was that Marvin Lewis was shopping his runningback, and figures 6.3 million should only be used on a runningback he feels is a top 3 back in the NFL, something he doesn't consider Rudi Johnson.

- Johansen went onto say, that ML and co. are joining in the contract talks with Lamont Jordan figuring they could land him for about 3 million a year, and trade Rudi for draft picks this year.

-- Guess we'll find out pretty soon if this is true now that T.J. has resigned ! :player:

My initial response is that Brad Johansen is on crack.

ESPN says the Raiders have a $4 million deal in place for Jordan, to be finalized tomorrow -- so unless Mikey's plotting revenge for Sapp last year I have to think he won't be in stripes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2003487

Meanwhile, the Bengals' flack says Rudi has a long-term offer in-hand and will sign soon, hopefully (see Next Up: Rudi?)

All that said, I would have been OK with Jordan at $3 million...

Not sure if anyone else here heard the report. I was in my van returning from Cincinnati, and heard about Rudi resigning his one year tender.

* Brad Johansen from 1360 a.m. said Rudi's signing probably means the end of him as a Bengal. - Word out of Indianapolis was that Marvin Lewis was shopping his runningback, and figures 6.3 million should only be used on a runningback he feels is a top 3 back in the NFL, something he doesn't consider Rudi Johnson.

- Johansen went onto say, that ML and co. are joining in the contract talks with Lamont Jordan figuring they could land him for about 3 million a year, and trade Rudi for draft picks this year.

-- Guess we'll find out pretty soon if this is true now that T.J. has resigned ! :player:

Perhaps that is why Rudi relented on signing the 1 yr deal rather than sit out. He and his agent must be aware of this situation if it is true.

However, what do they honestly hope to get for Rudi? A second round pick like last year? That's not a lot (and no PushyPop I am not comparing him to CD).

I could see them trading for another player with a lower cap number, though.

The possibility exists, because Arizona has called off trade talks with the Bills for Travis Henry.- nflfans.com

It seems that Arizona is no longer interested in dealing LT, O.J. Shelton for Travis Henry, so Cards could be forced to lose draft picks either moving up to grab Brown,Williams, or Benson

or possibly trade for Rudi. We'll see in the next couple of days... :D

If we traded rudi for a 7th round pick id be extatic.

First day of the FA season ....

All of the Bengal Fans are posting about, "What is Going to Happen With The BENGALS".

Your posts consist of ...

1) A nit-wit effort to Pimp Kyle Boller as being the Best QB to come out of the 2003 Draft.

2) Some lame Smack on a Star BENGAL Player.

Who the f**k do you think you are Fooling, TROLL ...

On Lance Mcalister show on 1360 today they talked about the same thing that Rudi might be getting traded. Lance didn't officially say that Rudi was going to be traded but he said it wouldn't surprise him if it did happen. I say early second or late first round for him. How about the Eagles? They need a power runner to go with Westbrook.

The possibility exists, because Arizona has called off trade talks with the Bills for Travis Henry.- nflfans.com

It seems that Arizona is no longer interested in dealing LT, O.J. Shelton for Travis Henry, so Cards could be forced to lose draft picks either moving up to grab Brown,Williams, or Benson

or possibly trade for Rudi. We'll see in the next couple of days... :D

Could happen. I think it's possible they may trade Rudi, just -- obviously -- that Lamont Jordan isn't happening.

But...has there been any confirmation that Rudi has actually signed his franchise tender? I thought that bit I posted earlier (Next Up: Rudi?) referred to a long-term deal, but it may have referred to the tender...?

Until he does that we can't trade him.

EDIT: Found this buried in the Post's story on TJ's signing (emphasis added):

Re-signing Houshmandzadeh and running back Rudi Johnson were the top two priorities of the Bengals this offseason. Johnson was given the team's franchise tag last month and was expected to sign the one-year tender offer of $6.3 million Wednesday but did not. He is expected to sign it soon.

Maybe he's waiting a few days, seeing if he can control his own future...?

If we traded rudi for a 7th round pick id be extatic.

Ecstatic, spell check works... Anyway, don't want to get into stupid arguments, save that crap for the smack forum, but c'mon dude, that is nothing more than a hater in action. Gotta be a troll, can't be a Bengals fan, NO WAY !!!

WHODEY !!!

Lamont Jordan to sign for $27.5 Mill over 5 years...yikes.

What's that you say? Getting Lamont Jordan with spare change and a coupon not working out?It's now been determined that adding or retaining quality NFL running backs actually costs real money in the year 2005?

Hey, go figure. <_<

Hey, props to the Raiders for a gutsy move. I don't think anyone expected Jordan to come cheap, but paying top-10-RB money to a guy who's never even been a full-time starter...well, like I said, props for a gutsy move.

It certainly didn't hurt Jordan's pocketbook being the only upper-tier FA RB on the market, after Rudi, Alexander and Edge all got tagged. The Raiders blew it last year, missing out on Dillon, and clearly they weren't going to take any chances on someone doing unto them what they did unto us with Sapp last year. Jets had a $3 million/year offer on the table for Jordan and the Raiders blew it off the face of the planet.

Again, props for a gutsy move. Whether it was smart or dumb...we'll see.

On Lance Mcalister show on 1360 today they talked about the same thing that Rudi might be getting traded. Lance didn't officially say that Rudi was going to be traded but he said it wouldn't surprise him if it did happen. I say early second or late first round for him. How about the Eagles? They need a power runner to go with Westbrook.

The Eagles can have Rudi, but they gotta give up # 31 and # 35 plain and simple. Don't want # 31 and # 63.

* Since the asking price is two 1st rounders..

I'll settle for the Eagles # 31, # 63, and their #4 either this year, or next ! But that's as low as I'm going, for a team that will again dominate the NFC next year.

- But all could be for not anyways, because they did resign Correll Buckhalter to a 2-year deal yesterday.