Mel " The Hair " Kipers' New Mock

Very interesting pick for the Bengals. I'll let the link say it all... ^_^

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/forum/viewtop...4&fromblock=yes

Here's the info on him....

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2005/showplayer.php?key=Roddy White

built and runs like Chad, but i think he's a year or two away from a finished product.

Hard to see us not trade down if that's how the draft would work out.

One player who should shake up the Top 10 w/ a halfway decent combine is Mike Williams.

I notice both Kiper and the Draft Guru's mock on the Bengalszone home page have the Skins taking Williams at #9. I got the feeling Williams will surpass Braylon Edwards as the top WR prospect and land in Miami w/ the #2 pick if the Fins work out a trade for either Travis Henry or Reuben Droughns possibly with Patrick Surtain as trade bait.

As for Roddy White as Bengals pick at #17 in Kiper's draft, that'd work for me. So would the Draft Guru's pick of Travis Johnson.

Personally, I'm still liking Alex Smith at TE w/ a trade down possibly even out of the 1st rd if Heath Miller is still available at #17 because it's still likeliest that Miller gets picked before Smith. Those are the only 2 real impact TEs I've seen this year and next year's bunch don't look too promising at this point.

I agree, sweinhart but I'm saying the fourth pick by Chicago! I'm not to keen on tsking a WR that high unless it's williams, guys lik him can be found just as easily in the second and third, and I'm with Terry if Rolle is there a 17, then that would definitely fit into Marvin's "best player available" philosophy

I quit putting much credibility in Mel's draft board when he dropped David Pollack, Thomas Davis and Carlos Rogers out of the top 25 players.

Kiper always does a lot of shuffling of players as draft day gets closer.

While I think Roddy White might be a good receiver, I think we could still get him or better, if we traded down.

IMHO I would still take David Pollack in the first round

I would love to see Marcus Spears out of LSU go to the Bengals at 17. I have seen early mock drafts showing Spears going between 17 and 30. However, Mel Kiper has him now going much earlier. Spears is a freak. 6'4 300 and can play either DE or DT. It would be nice to get a good rush up the middle to prevent the other team's QB from stepping up in the pocket to avoid Smith and Clemons. :player: :player:

Rolle at #17 will NOT happen, not a chance in hell, however, if he's there, no way we pass unless mad picks are thrown at us to trade down... I personally don't like the WR pick in the 1st round. Especially if Davis is still there. If Davis is gone and we STAY at #17 we take DT/DE... I still have to think ML has to be looking at extra picks by trading down in order to pick up a Center in the 2nd, after trading down, pick up Shazor late in the first, early second. I would love to see Shazor and Madieu back there cutting F**KERS down !!! Anyway, Kiper is on crack...

WHODEY !!!

then that would definitely fit into Marvin's "best player available" philosophy

THIS is the only thing I hate about Marvin!!

What if (theoretically) the best player available when the Bengals number comes up in this next draft is a QB, and we draft him!?! How smart is that f**cked up philosophy then!?! :wacko::angry::blink:

Now of course I'm not claiming to be smarter in football matters than Marvin Lewis, but for the life of me I just cannot see the reasoning behind this!

It simply cannot be done on this philosophy alone. No way. It would have to be a combination of the best few players available at the time, and the top 5 positions the team needs help in. If they play those positions, then they're drafted!