2006 Draft

Pandre

Sorry about putting a bunk link on there guys. I was just putting that out there to see what you everyone thought. He a good QB everyon keep an eye on him I think he has the ability to be the next Cullpepper.

Latest scout's notebook column at gbnreport.com takes a look at '06 on a position-by-position basis. It's right above their last column, a look at the upcoming draft's strengths and weaknesses. Bottom line: most of the positions we need (DT, center, TE) either aren't very strong in either year, or are stronger next year vs. this April. '05's strongest position is probably CB, which Marvin has ruled out. DE is one bright spot in 2005 and a weak spot in 2006, so if Marvin wants a pass-rusher that's probably a best bet (tho personally I think DE is lower down the priority list). Anyhow...

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

I wouldn't count Omar out, considering the success that MAC QBs are currently having in the NFL, and his stats this year were impressive.

I think he'll go in the late-first or early-second round next year.

BN1281

Just to throw ideas out there for maybe some help at the Runningback slot from the draft might come by way of a later round pick. And thanks to that informative link you gentelmen were so nice to leave behind. I read this little tid bit . Pardon the pun after you ready the excert; if the draft was only about measurables, then diminuitive 5-5 Kansas State RB Darren Sproles, who didn't even reach the bottom of the height chart might at last month's Senior Bowl, might not have a chance. In the end, though, it is about a lot more things that pure measurables as the lightning quick Sproles showed when he stole the show in Mobile.if the draft was only about measurables, then diminuitive 5-5 Kansas State RB Darren Sproles, who didn't even reach the bottom of the height chart might at last month's Senior Bowl, might not have a chance. In the end, though, it is about a lot more things that pure measurables as the lightning quick Sproles showed when he stole the show in Mobile. :player:

Maybe some late round help, since I would expect most teams to pass over him due to his size, but ?? Should the Bengals, a true Cap Bargain here maybe worth the risk :player:

post-9-1108067973.gif

I've been thinking about next year's draft....next year looks like it will be extremely deep in:

OT's (Whitworth(LSU), Justice(USC), Ferguson(Virginia), Scott(Texas), Jean-Gilles(UGA), Stenavich(UM), McNeil(Auburn), etc

DT's Ngati(Oregon), Wright (Texas), Harris (Miami), Smith (Nebraska), Watson (UM); Montogomery (Minnesota)

Linebackers-Brooks (Virginia), Hawk (OSU), Carpenter (OSU), Hodge (Iowa); Greenway (Iowa); Woods (UM); Schlegal (OSU); Roach (Alabama); Ryans (Alabama), etc.

I don't think we'll be drafting very high (Super Bowl Champs draft #32, right? :D ) but we'll be able to get a very good player just about anywhere b/c next year is LOADED

He'd need to put on about 20 pounds to be the next Culpepper. Plus, I only saw one game of his, but can somebody say system quarterback.

I agree. He just doesn't come off to me like a pure passer like leftwich, pennington, and rothlisberger were. He throwing motion doesn't look all that fluid-not that you can't have an unorthodox delivery to make it but he just needs to prove a little more to me before i start mentioning with those great MAC qbs.

I think what'll determine next year's first round pick, is whether or not we land Heath Miller this year.

* If he's there at 17, it's gonna take a really good Defensive player like an Antrel Rolle, or Thomas Davis, or maybe even Marcus Spears to have Marvin and Co. turn away from him.

Next year's class is pretty weak at the TE spot, so Marvin may want to go that route this year early!

I think what'll determine next year's first round pick, is whether or not we land Heath Miller this year.

* If he's there at 17, it's gonna take a really good Defensive player like an Antrel Rolle, or Thomas Davis, or maybe even Marcus Spears to have Marvin and Co. turn away from him.

Next year's class is pretty weak at the TE spot, so Marvin may want to go that route this year early!

KEY WORD IF HE IS THERE, HE WONT MAKE IT PAST DETROIT, HOUSTON, and CAROLINA

• 2 weeks later...