bengals draft

Hindsight's always 20/20 isn't it?

It sure is. But I'll bet you've gotten that nervous pit in your stomach after MB and Co. reach out and grab someone you never heard of or expected. I know I have. I am not sure if that is hindsight or a premonition.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and don't forget that we passed on Daunte Culpepper or ten picks in the draft for Akili Smith.

But let's not focus on the past, shall we? Let's look to the future and be happy that we have a coach who knows who to use the draft to the team's advantage, rather than using it to hamstring us for the next however-many years.

And let us not forget that we should take Ernest Shazor (get on the train) :player:

Hindsight's always 20/20 isn't it?

Those picks had absolutely nothing to do with Hindsight... They were bad picks the minute they were selected and every scout new it.

* That was probably the first year that I ever did a full 7 round mock, and had it completely based that Cincinnati would do the no-brainer and take Dre Bly' who was supposed to fall to the top of the 2nd round. The close second was Samari Rolle, who had a bad '40 time at a off-campus workout which is why he dropped to the 5th highest rated CB in the '98 draft.

** Now the '99 draft was another flop. NO player in NFL history has ever been worth 10 draft picks.

We had an opportunity to stock up on core players for a decade if we had made the trade with Mike Ditka. How do you think Jimmy Johnson turned around Dallas so fast ?? He had one Marqee' player in Herschel Walker and in turn traded him for about 9 picks and players.

Just in case you didn't know what picks they were going to be.. I'll remind you.

'99

1st,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th = to 13 picks because we had 2 7 rounders that year.

-all together 6 picks from New Orleans.

'00

1st,3rd = 2 picks from New Orleans which meant we would have had 9 picks that year.

'01

1st, 1 pick from New Orleans = to 8 draft picks

'02,

2nd rounder, 1 pick from New Orleans = to 8 draft picks.

All together that equals 6 First day picks. That's at least 6 starters on most NFL rosters. That's why you take the trade !