cantna!

AGrizzlyBaer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How soon they forget......Forget that He put the Bengals in the postition to play for the division in december....That's pretty s**tty mate. It's easy for the QB to look bad when the defense he is playing against is playing outstanding, and the o-line is tanking.....

Kitna will be alright. He had a bad game, as did every single player, except for Warrick I guess, and Kitna will rebound.

One thing I don't think would be fair is to hear putting Palmer in. We should continue to support Kitna through this. Kitna would not have been able to help it if Lewis gained 180 yards. There's a reason why Matthews was moved into 2nd on the QB depth chart before the game.

Plus we are NOT out, if we win out and Balt. loses to Pitt or Clev, we win the tie-breaker for best record in the division. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is still light.

Kitna will be alright. He had a bad game, as did every single player, except for Warrick I guess, and Kitna will rebound.

One thing I don't think would be fair is to hear putting Palmer in. We should continue to support Kitna through this. Kitna would not have been able to help it if Lewis gained 180 yards. There's a reason why Matthews was moved into 2nd on the QB depth chart before the game.

Plus we are NOT out, if we win out and Balt. loses to Pitt or Clev, we win the tie-breaker for best record in the division. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is still light.

I agree with Kirkendall, we cannot even think of someone else at QB at this point! We rode all the way here on his arm. We have to respect his contribution, and most of all, keep on having faith in him, and he in us, by backing and supporting him!

Earlier in the season I was not wanting to wait, and have Carson Palmer, just jump in as the starter. Guess what? I was WRONG!! If we go anywhere, we're going with Jon!

In fairness to Kitna, no quarterback in the league can beat this defense right now Let's not forget we broke Vick's leg and ended Atlanta's season before started. :D

The Raven eat quarterbacks for breakfast.

Tell that to Matt Hassleback...(I know he lost, but his numbers against the Ravens defense were pretty damn amazing)

Or for that matter tell it to Kitna in the first game, or any of the Ravens other losses. Two weeks of stout defense doesn't make this the 2000 defense.

Tell that to Matt Hassleback...(I know he lost, but his numbers against the Ravens defense were pretty damn amazing)

Or for that matter tell it to Kitna in the first game, or any of the Ravens other losses. Two weeks of stout defense doesn't make this the 2000 defense.

Hey, I'll send you a game tape! can you say " domination "???

Hey, 49ers won today 50-14, beat a team which beat you .... ouch!! Chiefs got punked also!! I knew the 49ers were better than you guys!! :lol::D:rolleyes:

I agree with Kirkendall, we cannot even think of someone else at QB at this point! We rode all the way here on his arm. We have to respect his contribution, and most of all, keep on having faith in him, and he in us, by backing and supporting him!

I agree.

But why hasn't Palmer been put in in a mop up role? Today was the first real opportunity. He needs some pt. Not as a starter.

Maybe the bengals can route the fortyniners and let Palmer play the fourth quarter.

Kitna is playing well.

yeah! for jonhy cantna!

That didn't take long did it ?????

Kirk - I'm pretty indifferent to what Baltimore does the rest of the season. I'd say we win 2 of the next 3, and what happens happens. Winning the division because they lose to other teams would be hollow to me. I'd rather we earn it on our own. And we will, if not this year than next. 2 more wins gives us a winning record, and that's a good start for Lewis' tenure. Still a hell of a turn around for 1 year.

But why hasn't Palmer been put in in a mop up role? Today was the first real opportunity. He needs some pt. Not as a starter.

I agree, but I wouldn't have put him against Baltimore. I think Marvin put him 3rd on the charts because of that same logic. Only reason I can think of why he would be listed as the last QB.

Winning the division because they lose to other teams would be hollow to me. I'd rather we earn it on our own. And we will, if not this year than next. 2 more wins gives us a winning record, and that's a good start for Lewis' tenure.  Still a hell of a turn around for 1 year.

Amen, several times. While I was hoping they'd win yesterday, walking out of PBS 3 weeks ago 1-3 on the road and coming home 3-4 is alone an achievement, not to mention the rest of the season (so far).

As for yesterday, Kitna could have been better, but the o-line just got beat (and we've all known it had its shortcomings since preseason). Once Levi left and they had to put in Rod Jone...err...Scott Rehberg, I knew it was over and went out to finish shoveling off my driveway. Warrick "reverted" (to use Marin's term from the AZ game) as well, back to his bad old habits on punts. I think he needs to have the same lesson drilled into his head that Kitna had earlier this season: don't try to win games by yourself.

Winning the division because they lose to other teams would be hollow to me.

WHAT?! Winning the division would be awesome no matter how it comes, I'm not going to be picky. 12 years of crap, excuses from bad coaches, and Brown giving us junk the whole time? I don't care how we do it, I'll take it any way we can get it.

Look, we still have a legitmate chance at winning it. We need help, most teams in the NFL need help, that's the nature of the beast.

Winning the division because they lose to other teams would be hollow to me. I'd rather we earn it on our own. And we will, if not this year than next. 2 more wins gives us a winning record, and that's a good start for Lewis' tenure.  Still a hell of a turn around for 1 year.

Amen, several times. While I was hoping they'd win yesterday, walking out of PBS 3 weeks ago 1-3 on the road and coming home 3-4 is alone an achievement, not to mention the rest of the season (so far).

As for yesterday, Kitna could have been better, but the o-line just got beat (and we've all known it had its shortcomings since preseason). Once Levi left and they had to put in Rod Jone...err...Scott Rehberg, I knew it was over and went out to finish shoveling off my driveway. Warrick "reverted" (to use Marin's term from the AZ game) as well, back to his bad old habits on punts. I think he needs to have the same lesson drilled into his head that Kitna had earlier this season: don't try to win games by yourself.

Actually Joisey, although Rehberg was bad, Levi was getting beat badly too before he got hurt. Im not shocked to see Kitna haters already, I mean, this is Cincinnati isnt it?

I heard a guy call the radio last night and ask why they didnt give Palmer some snaps in the 4th quarter yesterday..... :angry:

I agree, 2-1 on the road trip is all we were asking for, and its what we got, now lets run the table and take the division back!

im just saying it was the old kitna trying to do WAY TO MUCH! he tried to force balls that turned into picks im just saying he cant carry this team by himself, he is no mcnair

Well, he did a pretty good job of carrying the team to December. When your oline can't block, and you've got the flu and have a hard time speaking well, it ain't a good combo, especially when the double up your best reciever...Any QB is gonna struggle in that situation....

Yeah, I heard someone say something about putting Palmer in too....That's what you want to do to build up your rookie QB's confidence. Put him against a team playing stellar d and your oline ain't blocking....some people...sheesh.

Didn't help when Bratkowski decided to pass more than run. Dillon was doing alright, he had a 4.1 yard per carry average. I'm still confused why they didn't showcase Rudi more. It's not that our team played good or bad, it seems to me that the coordinators didn't use our players well.

Anyone notice the odd times that Frazier stunted the front guys? You can't do that against a power running team like Baltimore. Too much stunting puts guys out of position and runs them out of the running lanes allowing the blockers a field day.

Plus the offense was forced to score each time the way our defense was playing. Thank god for 100 yard fields, or we may never have gotten the ball in the 2nd half.