Wanna See a bad mock

Maybe I'm just ripping it because they have Brandon Browner as the first cornerback taken, or the fact that they have David Pollack and Antaj Hawthorne both going in the second round... or could it be that I'm just ripping it because they have the Bengals selecting Thomas Davis ( who just said he wants to move to LB instead of Safety ) and Alex Smith...? ....nevermind.. just see for yourself. :huh:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005projection.htm

I agree -- there is no way that David Pollack should be selected after Eramus James.

All you have to do is look at the Wisconsin vs Georgia bowl game. Clearly, Pollack was more of a play maker than James.

Also in the GBN mock draft -- While I like Shawne Merriman, I'm not convinced that he is a #3 pick.

I've not seen very many GOOD mock drafts -- most are including players that are not coming in this years draft and others seem to be stuck of speed/size numbers and not play makers.

If you find a decent mock let me know.

Chris, I'm surely not attempting to dis your comments on anything draft related. God knows you're far better than most! My point is that I thought the only true way to judge a mock draft is to compare it to the results of the actual draft. To label any mock as "bad" before the event has concluded is a little premature!

Case in point? Do you guys think if there anyone anywhere who was outlining their own person version 2003 mock draft, and had actually listed a Mr. Chris "Careful! I Bruise Easily" Perry from Michigan as the Bengals #1 pick in last years draft, it would have been viewed as "good?"

I doubt it, in fact "bad" wouldn't be close to the top ten most common term used by most draft watchers to describe the general opinion of such a draft with that prediction, would it not? I think the best of the descriptive terms would have started more along the lines of "absolutely ludicrous" and only gone down hill from there!

Just for fun, does anybody here in this forum have any knowlege of ANY 2003 mock draft by any person at all that actually had Cincy going RB in round one, and if so, Chris Perry is that player? :blink:

nice Joisey, you showoff :D

In billy's defense, I do think Dr. Z was the only one...someone mentioned it last year and it stuck in my head. And Zimmerman does call Perry the third-best RB in the draft...and we had our shot at the consensus-opinion-best. But he asked...:lol:

Thanks Joisey, I was trying to remember who it was last year, while reading Billy's words.

* Several reasons came to mind Billy , why I said it was a bad mock, elite players going behind suspect players.. Oft Injured players moving up instead of down draft boards...

uh oh.....

Spider Sense is tingling...

Dead Zone psychic abilities focusing in on April 23rd 2005...

Third Eye sees Mike Brown in crazed manic uproar, He charges Marvin Lewis, grabs, pen and small piece of paper.. No one seems to be able to stop him, he rushes to podium and hands small piece of paper to Paul Tagliabue... Bengal coaches all cry out in harmonious NOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOO,

Too Late Commisioner says " With the 17th pick The Cincinnati Bengals select

Bobbie Buschey LB, South Central Louisiana State Muddogs " ...

Collective world ends from flood water coming from Bengal fans tear ducts ! :lol::lol:

Well I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it! :blink:

uh oh.....

Spider Sense is tingling...

Dead Zone psychic abilities focusing in on April 23rd 2005...

Third Eye sees Mike Brown in crazed manic uproar, He charges Marvin Lewis, grabs, pen and small piece of paper.. No one seems to be able to stop him, he rushes to podium and hands small piece of paper to Paul Tagliabue... Bengal coaches all cry out in harmonious NOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOO,

Too Late Commisioner says " With the 17th pick The Cincinnati Bengals select

Bobbie Buschey LB, South Central Louisiana State Muddogs " ...

Collective world ends from flood water coming from Bengal fans tear ducts!

Damn it Chris! :angry: Knock it off...it's f**kin' scarin' me!! It could happen, and you damn well know it! :(

Funny, I had a similar experience skimming pfw's latest whispers column today, which notes that one team who selected a RB in the first last year might take another on day 1 this year due to durability concerns surrounding that rookie RB.

What was unbelieveable was that they weren't talking about the Bengals :blink:

Don’t be shocked if the Rams spend one of their first-day draft picks on a running back because of concerns about 2004 first-round draft pick Steven Jackson’s durability.

Apparently there's some issue with his right knee...

Bobbie Buschey  LB, South Central Louisiana State Muddogs " ...

Now there's a ballplayer :lol: Th..th..th..ank you, Mister Br..br..br..own. :lol:

LOL

You know you have to get Boucher angry :angry: in order for him to play his best.

And he's more of a situational pass rusher LB.

We all know what happened when he caused that dude to fumble. :lol:

Funny, I had a similar experience skimming pfw's latest whispers column today, which notes that one team who selected a RB in the first last year might take another on day 1 this year due to durability concerns surrounding that rookie RB.

What was unbelieveable was that they weren't talking about the Bengals :blink:

Don’t be shocked if the Rams spend one of their first-day draft picks on a running back because of concerns about 2004 first-round draft pick Steven Jackson’s durability.

Apparently there's some issue with his right knee...

I think PFW, got it wrong.. according to the Rams website, the only injury posted about Steven Jackson was his ribs.

I think PFW, got it wrong.. according to the Rams website, the only injury posted about Steven Jackson was his ribs.

Could be. The mention of knee problems didn't come from pfw (gawd forbid they provide any details, y'know? :rolleyes:). I found that in the local St. Louis paper's postseasaon wrapup story/grades. Perhaps it's both? That would make more sense. A knee or rib injury alone wouldn't necessarily raise alarms, but the two together would definitely bring up the durability question mark.

Just something to keep in mind if ya ever get around to doing a mock :P

hell i don't see why not, some people wanted us to draft Darnell Dockett in the 1st round last year, the dude went 3rd round.......

Hawthrone could drop.

Yeah but Darnell Dockett played like a first rounder ! He was clearly the best Defensive lineman on the Cards, and if Bertrand Berry hadn't been playing next to him, he probably wouldn't be going to the Pro Bowl !

Dockett went at the very top of round 3, so did Randy Starks . Both of them played very well for their prospective clubs.