Pick Your Playoff Winners Contest comments thread

I found that I had that same sick feeling in my gut watching the steelers luck into that win that I do when the Bengs are in a close one. Man I can't stand them and their overrated 2 pick throwing rookie QB.

Blah

so far so good...

Me too! I missed the score, (20-17) but hit the spread dead on!

Here's my picks: 

Pittsburgh 27 - New York 24

B) I honestly thought at the two minute warning New York had the game. So much for the Jets having no chance in this one, eh Josh? :rolleyes:

Why can't I predict this well when the Bengals are involved!?! :blink:

Don't answer that...I know why. Betting with my heart, and not my head. <_<

The NY media is going to eat him alive.

Well yes and no on that statement, depending on what New York City TV sportcaster/newspaper sports reporter you listen to. Unfortunately it's mostly yes.

My personal statement:

GOOD JOB NEW YORK JETS!!! No one gave you an ice cubes chance in hell, and you took the mighty Steelers deep into overtime. I tip my hat to the underdogs who almost overcame! B)

The Steelers should pay the Jets kicker.

Without him they wouldn`t have won !

He missed to kicks in the last 2 minutes of regulation.

The NY media is going to eat him alive.

Lucky Steelers. :rolleyes:

They shouldn't even be there to begin with. If SD's Kicker makes his kick then the Jets would have been watching this one on TV. What comes around..... ;)

After going 2-0 for Saturday, I'm now in jeopardy of going 0-2 for Sunday! :wacko: Why did I ever think Manning would suddenly be able overcome his tendency to choke it the big game? There is still 12+ minutes left in the 4th, but the Colts look flat.

These following members did the best overall. jditty was a perfect 4-0.

jditty47 Posted: Jan 12 2005, 02:03 PM 

im picking all the home teams again. 3 of the 4 will win. only chance at a loss is either the rams or the colts.

Uhhh...little problem here. The Colts you mention weren't at home! Since you said all home teams, I'll go with that, but next time mention each winner individually!

Scottishbengal Posted: Jan 12 2005, 02:50 AM 

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Minnesota

New England

Our resident Scotsman only stumbled over the Vikings. Many kudos to this member living outside of the United States and doing so well in this contest! Let's see if you can carry this through next weekend, eh?

bengalboomer7 Posted: Jan 11 2005, 02:55 PM 

Pitt-20 NYJ-13

Atlanta - 21 St louie - 24

Minn 13 Philly -16

Indy -1,477(no really, 34) Patsies- 30

bengalboomer7 blew it by pick Indy. No worries mate...you're not alone in that blunder! ;)

jjakq27 Posted: Jan 12 2005, 10:11 AM  

Pitt-20 NYJ-13

Minn 13 Philly -16

I agree with your picks except that I don't think NE can score 30 points. If they are behind, Dillon will become less of a factor in the game. I also wouldn't be surprised if Philly lost. They had two "don't hurt me" games and another week to think about it. It's been awhile since they have played a full game.

jjakq also bought into the Colts dynasty thing. Until they get past the Pats, there will be no dynasty...just "Die-Nasty"...again. :ph34r:

The rest of us are as follows:

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (I loved that '60's show!) a.k.a. UK Bengal: 2-2

**And many kudos to this member also living outside of the United States! The Brits and Scots were impressive!**

billybroome: 2-2 (Sunday just ain't my day. :( )

San Antonio Bengal: 2-2 (Sunday ain't your day either!)

Oxstud: 1-3 (Well you did pick Atlanta!)

CTBengalsFan: 1-3 (The Steelers saved you from going "O-Fer"!)

I hope I got everyone, and was accurate. If not...let me know. (Like you wouldn't! :lol: )

We'll do this again for next week starting Tuesday! B)

These following members did the best overall. jditty was a perfect 4-0.

jditty47 Posted: Jan 12 2005, 02:03 PM 

im picking all the home teams again. 3 of the 4 will win. only chance at a loss is either the rams or the colts.

Uhhh...little problem here. The Colts you mention weren't at home! Since you said all home teams, I'll go with that, but next time mention each winner individually!

Scottishbengal Posted: Jan 12 2005, 02:50 AM 

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Minnesota

New England

Our resident Scotsman only stumbled over the Vikings. Many kudos to this member living outside of the United States and doing so well in this contest! Let's see if you can carry this through next weekend, eh?

bengalboomer7 Posted: Jan 11 2005, 02:55 PM 

Pitt-20 NYJ-13

Minn 13 Philly -16

bengalboomer7 blew it by pick Indy. No worries mate...you're not alone in that blunder! ;)

jjakq27 Posted: Jan 12 2005, 10:11 AM  

Pitt-20 NYJ-13

Minn 13 Philly -16

I agree with your picks except that I don't think NE can score 30 points. If they are behind, Dillon will become less of a factor in the game. I also wouldn't be surprised if Philly lost. They had two "don't hurt me" games and another week to think about it. It's been awhile since they have played a full game.

jjakq also bought into the Colts dynasty thing. Until they get past the Pats, there will be no dynasty...just "Die-Nasty"...again. :ph34r:

The rest of us are as follows:

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (I loved that '60's show!) a.k.a. UK Bengal: 2-2

**And many kudos to this member also living outside of the United States! The Brits and Scots were impressive!**

billybroome: 2-2 (Sunday just ain't my day. :( )

Oxstud: 1-3 (Well you did pick Atlanta!)

CTBengalsFan: 1-3 (The Steelers saved you from going "O-Fer"!)

I hope I got everyone, and was accurate. If not...let me know. (Like you wouldn't! :lol: )

We'll do this again for next week starting Tuesday! B)

what do you mean billy, i was 4-0. i said all home teams. but i went on to say ill get 3 of 4 right definately and most likely the rams or colts woulda blew my 4-0 chance but they didnt. give me props gdi!!! :angry:

give me props gdi!!!  :angry:
  jditty was a perfect 4-0.

Dude...if there's anyway I can give you more props than this, you let me know! :blink:

I was just commenting that I was a little confused by your post, and confusing me is not the hardest thing in the world to do! Ask any woman who has ever known me! :lol:

:) IM THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! :)

:o ***Time out for a jditty reality check!!*** :o

You're King of this world for this week! Your reign will be up for grabs next Saturday.

P.S. Also please refrain from stealing Leonardo DiCaprio's line from the movie "Titanic." Just because you loved that chick flick doesn't mean we do! :rolleyes:

Hold on there! I got 3 of the games, not 2.

My picks from the other thread (with actual scores and commentary in parens) ...

Pittsburgh 20 (20... dead on!  w00t!)

New York 9 (17... better than I thought)

Indianapolis 34  (3... way way way way way off)

New England 27 (20... close b/c they almost had another TD to make it 27)

Atlanta 24 (47... way way way off)

St. Louis 20 (17 ... off by a FG)

Philadelphia 17 (27... was less rusty than expected)

Minnesota 16 (14... about as expected)

Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Philly... that's 3 - 1. At least this weekend was able to negate my horrid 1 - 3 the first weekend. Break even, baby!

haha actually that movie was terrible and i think i was the only person to not see it in theatres. im sure u did billy...actually, im positive. :)

Wrongo Longo! I've never seen Titanic, nor do I want to! (Unless it'll get me laid, and I haven't had to resort to such a low thing up to this point!) I know the plot...the ship hit an iceberg, the ship sank, people died, end of story. If it wasn't for the unending previews, I wouldn't have even known who said that line! :lol: How they stretched that into a 3+ hour movie is beyond me, but I'm guessing it's with a lot of crap filler. <_<

San Antonio Bengal Posted on Jan 17 2005, 09:21 PM

Hold on there! I got 3 of the games, not 2.

Sorry for the error San Antonio!

Didn't find out the scores till I got back in on Monday.

My 2 biggest surprises were the Jets ( thought the Steelers would kill 'em ) and the Colts. I had that one figured for a blowout too, but I had the wrong team doing the blowing. Ah .... they both blow anyway.

This week .... Patriots at the Steelers. Pats took an ass whipping in their first game and are going to be looking for revenge in this one. They won't get it. 28 to 10 Steelers.

Falcons at the Eagles. Eagles just have too much on both sides of the ball for Vick to beat by himself ..... 24 to 14 Eagles.