The Unofficial Bengals-Eagles Prediction Thread

BengalNation1281

Well, this year will be one of the big contributors of my mid-20s heart attack, but it's been fun just as much as it has been infuriating. I just can't see us going out on a down note.

Bengals 24, Eagles 21

8-8, with the playoffs holding a place for us next year.

BN1281

If Palmer plays, Bengals 38, Eagles 35.

If Kitna plays, Eagles 45, Bengals 10.

Ha, i agree (tounge firmly in cheek)

Cantna is grinding on my nerves, get well soon Carson!!

Seriously though, if its anything like last nights Philly effort, we should win this one going away.....but watch out for Shake and Blake!

:player:

Bengals 31

Iggles 21

If Palmer plays, Bengals 38, Eagles 35.

If Kitna plays, Eagles 45, Bengals 10.

Ha, i agree (tounge firmly in cheek)

Cantna is grinding on my nerves, get well soon Carson!!

Seriously though, if its anything like last nights Philly effort, we should win this one going away.....but watch out for Shake and Blake!

:player:

Bengals 31

Iggles 21

http://bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2670

Palmer hopeful for Sunday, '05

12/27/2004 - 10 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Palmer is hopeful he'll be able to play in Sunday's season finale at Philadelphia.

In other developments Monday, quarterback Carson Palmer said he expects to play Sunday in the season finale at Philadelphia and resume practicing on the sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee by at least Thursday. But he’s still listed as questionable and has to be cleared by a doctor.

...Palmer reflected the uncertainty of the skill positions when he caught himself looking at injured wide receiver Peter Warrick on the sideline last week and realized he might never throw another pass to him after throwing to him just 11 times this season.

“I might not get an opportunity to play with him and I never thought that would happen when I got drafted here,” Palmer said Monday. “I thought I was going to have a couple of years with Peter Warrick. He was a guy I watched in college and I was excited to play with him, especially after watching him last year. Now you don’t know what’s going to happen to him and T.J. and Rudi (running back Johnson), but I just hope it works out for the best for those guys.”

Palmer wants them all back, calling Houshmandzadeh’s play, “the catch of the year. Has to be. He’s been making contested catches like that all year.” Palmer has even volunteered to be Houshmandzadeh’s agent, but the Cleveland-based Simms has that well in hand.

;) After their showing ( or non showing ) against the Rams, I have to admit that I have no idea what is going to happen in this game. The Eagles Clearly took the night off and are giving indications they will next week as well. That should indicate a victory for the OrangeMen with a medium level of difficulty ......... However, given the Bengals preoccupation with self flagellation over the last couple of weeks you can't count on them showing up either. I dunno .... this could turn into the "Browns vs the Dolphins Part Deux".

I'm really hoping that Palmer plays and that it psyches the rest of the team. If so, and the Eagles decide to lay down .... then pour it on. It may incite the Eagles to actually play as well ...... I hope so.

Eagles are clearly a good team, and I'd like to see how Palmer handles their defense when they are really playing as opposed to going through the motions.

Three scenarios:

#1. Everybody show up and decides to play - Bengals lose a tough one 30 to 28

#2. Bengals show up and Eagles play 'possum - Bengals win going away 36 to 20

#3. Nightmare ... nobody shows up .... Tie game at the end of dbl overtime 0 to 0 B)

Looks like the Eagles have gone into complete "preseason" mode. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; in hindsight, the loss of TO means they're going to have make some major offensive changes and there's no sense in giving any previews (especially to the Rams, who they might face in the playoffs).

So I have to revise my prediction and say the Bengals win, no matter who starts.

Only prediction I'm going to make is that Rudi will get the 80+ yards he needs to break Dillons' record !

The Eagles haven't really stopped the run this year, and we all saw last night how well their backups play the run , so I say whoever starts at quarterback, script the first 20 plays as run plays and let Rudi get his record ( hopefully it takes less than 20 ) , but get Rudi his record and then rest him! :player:

Ya gotta love it. Per americasline.com, the Bengals are now 3 point FAVORITES on the road against a playoff team! :lol:

Openers had Philly favored by 1.5, but Philly has said Sunday will be scrub time for them again, according to today's Enquirer:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0383/1066/spt02

After last night's Monday Night game, the Eagles will be lucky to score 20 points next weekend. Jeff Blake at QB? He's still around? :rolleyes:

He actually looked really good in preseason behind starting olinemen. When the guys in front of him were on the practice squad most of the year, or plain deactivated, you're not going to get your best performance...lol.

Every time Blake got the ball, he had about a half a second before he had 2 guys on him. Practice squad players vs. the Rams starting dline...LOL. That was fair.

After last night's Monday Night game, the Eagles will be lucky to score 20 points next weekend.  Jeff Blake at QB?  He's still around?  :rolleyes:

He actually looked really good in preseason behind starting olinemen. When the guys in front of him were on the practice squad most of the year, or plain deactivated, you're not going to get your best performance...lol.

Every time Blake got the ball, he had about a half a second before he had 2 guys on him. Practice squad players vs. the Rams starting dline...LOL. That was fair.

OhMiGawd!!!one!2!!!1! hehe ur sooo funny LOOLOLOL

The Beagles lost to dah the damns!!1! Ohmigawd we might actually beat them lolololol

philly is lyke doing OMG soo good because their in a sucky leauge, lyke that lyke totally makes them lyke so lyke uhhhh lyke winning agaisnt teams that the School for Blind in Kentuky could lyke uhhh beat... LOLOLOL

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After last night's Monday Night game, the Eagles will be lucky to score 20 points next weekend.  Jeff Blake at QB?  He's still around?  :rolleyes:

The Beagles lost to dah the damns!!1! Ohmigawd we might actually beat them lolololol

philly is lyke doing OMG soo good because their in a sucky leauge, lyke that lyke totally makes them lyke so lyke uhhhh lyke winning agaisnt teams that the School for Blind in Kentuky could lyke uhhh beat... LOLOLOL

This is a joke, right? <_<

I mean, geez...I'm a female. Do you need to be an immature idiot because a female posts about football on a football message board?

Lets see...I'm a 32 year old female who has been a season ticket holder to the Eagles since she was a baby. A female who part owns the Eagles fansite that is associated with the Fan2Fan Alliance (where I found this forum). A female who posted an actual football post that you had to respond to like you were 11 years old.

I sure hope the maturity level of your post isn't indicative of the rest of the posters on here.

After last night's Monday Night game, the Eagles will be lucky to score 20 points next weekend.  Jeff Blake at QB?  He's still around?   :rolleyes:

I mean, geez...I'm a female. Do you need to be an immature idiot because a female posts about football on a football message board?

Lets see...I'm a 32 year old female who has been a season ticket holder to the Eagles since she was a baby. A female who part owns the Eagles fansite that is associated with the Fan2Fan Alliance (where I found this forum). A female who posted an actual football post that you had to respond to like you were 11 years old.

I sure hope the maturity level of your post isn't indicative of the rest of the posters on here.

I can assure you that's not indicitave of Bengal fans.

I don't think I've ever read a more worthless post, except for when we were flooded by idiot Bills fans.

Here we are, struggling for 8-8, and you don't even care if you lose on Sunday because you already have locked up home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Yeah, we have a lot of room to talk.

And last I remember, Jeff Blake was a pretty good QB here in Cinci.

After last night's Monday Night game, the Eagles will be lucky to score 20 points next weekend.  Jeff Blake at QB?  He's still around?   :rolleyes:

I can assure you that's not indicitave of Bengal fans.

I don't think I've ever read a more worthless post, except for when we were flooded by idiot Bills fans.

Here we are, struggling for 8-8, and you don't even care if you lose on Sunday because you already have locked up home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Yeah, we have a lot of room to talk.

And last I remember, Jeff Blake was a pretty good QB here in Cinci.

Phillygirl,

I have been coming around here for a while, but only posting as of recently. I can tell you that these guys aren't usually a**holes unless provoked (I.E. Bill's fans). By and far you'll find Cinci fans humble, hungry for success and open to a good discussion, or even a quality smack - talk session. At any rate, I echo Bengalsown comment - that's not indicitive of the folks round here.

Good to see a female poster by the way!

Dont use the female excuse. If you feel that people see you only as a female, go burn your bra and dance around the fire.

I hate it when people eat their team up for more than they are. And then end every ***damn sentence in "LOL". Which you did in your message. I found it annoying. So I mocked you, girly.

I'm an a**h***. I mocked your post, so what? :D I should be hung for that, huh?

Before you go typing your "ima sexiest" reply and telling me that I have a fork stuck up my anal cavities. Im a female too.

Last I checked, it was you that brought up the female thing by mocking me as if I were 14 year old chick who talked like a Valley Girl.

Obvioulsy your lack of knowledge on the TOPIC kept you from responding like a child who just learned her first curse word.

Now, I'm done with this. I came here to talk ball. Not listen to bratty snots who can't handle themselves on a message board.

To those who welcomed me, thanks. I shall be around. And I promise, this little scene tonight won't replay itself.

Last I checked, it was you that brought up the female thing by mocking me as if I were 14 year old chick who talked like a Valley Girl.

Obvioulsy your lack of knowledge on the TOPIC kept you from responding like a child who just learned her first curse word.

Now, I'm done with this. I came here to talk ball. Not listen to bratty snots who can't handle themselves on a message board.

To those who welcomed me, thanks. I shall be around. And I promise, this little scene tonight won't replay itself.

I would have to know something on the topic to respond to you.

The mocking thing got to you that bad? :lol::lol:

I promise next time to not mock you, it might offend you. But, since im not that big of a a**h***. Welcome to the board, phillygirl.

My only pre-game prediction of the year:

Bengals 24 - Eagles 17

Chad and TJ get the combined yardage mark for WRs and Rudi gets the career carry mark but falls short of the Corey's yardage mark. Graham does not get Pelfrey's point mark either.