Reggie White Died of a Heart Attack

oldschooler

Wow, how sad. I rant into him in downtown Cincinnati in a parking garage elevator a few years ago, what a nice guy. He smiled at me and held open the elevator door, I was actually suprised at how normal he was - he actually cracked a joke to me and laughed. He was with a couple of guys in suits but seemed to enjoy the suprise on my face more than listening to them.

I had a lot of respect for him after that. I was in awe of the guy and the fact he took the time to just acknowledge my presence at all was suprising.

Strange a lifelong athlete could just have a massive heart attack at that age, he must've had some sort of condition.

Shoot, don't feel bad for Reggie. He just got drafted, that's all. I guarantee Lombardi already has him starting for the Throne O' God Thunder, and Paul Brown (coach of the Pearly Petes) is already cursing under his breath!

Does bring it all home, tho, he was only 5 years older than me! :huh:

Did you guys here on ESPN that he abandoned christianity and studied Hebrew. I kind of find that hard to believe as he was such a religous man. A great man and an amazing football player. There won't be many more like him.

Did you guys here on ESPN that he abandoned christianity and studied Hebrew. I kind of find that hard to believe as he was such a religous man. A great man and an amazing football player. There won't be many more like him.

Yeah, Andrea whatsherface on espn said that. I don't think it was that he had "abandoned Christianity" so much as decided that one shouldn't just accept Chrisitian teaching at face value. His point in learning Hebrew, Andrea said, was so that he could read and study the original scriptures and make up his own mind about what they said and what to believe. Which IMHO is a great attitude.