Who's Your Favorite Bengal and Why?

kingwilly

I wish I could say Ken Anderson. He was a great QB, and never got his due. But to be honest I'd have to say Anthony Munoz. I remember when he joined the team, the story went around that they put him on the leg machine to test his strength... and he broke it. So they sent him to Cleveland to finish the test... and he broke their machine with the other leg!

Who is your favorite?

qb - Ken Anderson. Most accurate passer around during his time. No doubt that he had good recievers, but he made them better.

rb - I'd like to say Archie Griffin, but it was James Brooks. I believe that he was one of the toughest guys to ever play for the Bengals.

def - David Fulcher. Worlds largest strong safety. Was just plain fun to watch.

Coach - Forrest Gregg. Saw a game where one of the players had screwed up right before the half, and he knew he was in for it. Gregg was screaming at him from the sideline. Half ends, and this guy takes an angle towards the locker room and trying to avoid Gregg. You can see Gregg running after him and cutting him off, and the camera cuts away just as Greggs foot is headed towards the guys ass. I've got a feeling that my answer to this will probably change to Marvin Lewis if this season is an indication of things to come.

My fav is still Virgil Carter after all these years. He took the time to sign the jersey I bought, and talk with me for a while, when things were slow. Said it was okay being a jock who liked science, because he had a degree in advanced mathematics from Utah. I'll never forget that, and the respect he showed me and my mom.

My fav is still Virgil Carter after all these years. He took the time to sign the jersey I bought, and talk with me for a while, when things were slow. Said it was okay being a jock who liked science, because he had a degree in advanced mathematics from Utah. I'll never forget that, and the respect he showed me and my mom.

That is absolutely fantastic. I've seen a couple of the guys, as well as a few Bills and Reds, but I've always just nodded and said hi or hey and kept going. I've never taken the time to talk to any of them or ask for an autograph because I would've felt awkward. Reading your post makes me wish I would have.

If Pete Johnson had gotten into the endzone on THAT fourth and one then he would definitely get my vote and perhaps everyone elses.

Pat McInally had the versatility that you never see today, so he gets some kind of vote from me.

The current team could use Louis Breeden and David Fulcher.

Rodney Hollman was darn good too.

Boomer is a good choice too. His leadership was as important as the arm he threw with. Most other quarterbacks would have struggled with wishy wyche's complicated system but he ran it very effectively. BUT he went to the jets.

So my vote goes to the best lineman in the history of the nfl, Anthony Munoz.

The current team could use Louis Breeden and David Fulcher.

Add Tim Krumrie to that list, and you get one hellacious defense.

And Ken Riley...

If I had to pick just one it'd be Pete Johnson. The guy ran like a locomotive: you had that chug-chug-chug at the beginning but after those first couple steps it was like trying to tackle a train.

I only knew about gridiron when it hit British TV (in a very small way) back in 1984 so i don't really know much of the players before then.

I always liked Garrison Hearst and have the video of the game Vs the Oilers (the last game played in the Astrodome) Not that the game was anything brilliant for Hearst but just beacuse I was there!

I feel Boomer had a lot to cope with due to the illness of his son and I always thought he was totally professional, so I think he would get my vote.

I feel Boomer had a lot to cope with due to the illness of his son and I always thought he was totally professional, so I think he would get my vote.

Boomer was always a class act. He was great at the play action as well. I've seen him stop de's in their tracks while they're trying to figure out who really had the ball.

The year that the team went to the super bowl with him at qb was probably the best team the Bengals have ever fielded.

Funny. Nobody picked Sam Wyche as their favorite at quarterback. ????? ;)

I only knew about gridiron when it hit British TV (in a very small way) back in 1984 so i don't really know much of the players before then.

I always liked Garrison Hearst and have the video of the game Vs the Oilers (the last game played in the Astrodome) Not that the game was anything brilliant for Hearst but just beacuse I was there!

Hey scotty-

I found this link looking for pete johnson stats. Since you weren't a fan then you might appreciate it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...ams/cin1981.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...rs/JohnPe00.htm

(That looks like a nice website.)

He was an exceptionally large back for his time. He was great in short yardage and almost always gained the yard you needed.

But in the Superbowl he was stopped twice on the goal line. It was a huge stand by the fortyniners and was the difference in the game.